Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

8 minutes ago, papazoid said:

without a doubt...the DB's are the strongest position group

3 pro bowlers in poyer, hyde and white

a highly rated nickel back in taron johnson

last years 1st round pick in kaiir elam

we just added taylor rapp for a steal

benford beat out elam to start last season

dane jackson is great depth

I like our DB group, but at the moment Tre isn't all the way back, Hyde ended the year on IR and Poyer was gutting it out through injuries.  

There's a very good chance their peak years are behind them. 

13 minutes ago, ngbills said:

What legit contender has a supporting cast worse than ours? What position group on the Bills has elite talent? If we are going to win in the playoffs the roster needs upgrades not just role players. Hopkins checks that box. He is a guy you can go to in key spots. Right now you double Diggs and we are hoping for an Allen scramble. 

It's a legitimate question.

I think when factoring in OL, RB's, TE's and WR's, the Bengals, Dolphins and Chiefs currently have (on paper) more proven talent around their QB than we have provided for Allen.  

The Bills, around Allen, are on the next tier with the Jets and Chargers... maybe Jags with Ridley added to the mix. 

14 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The Chiefs are brilliant for this I suppose….

but the Bills should give up three firsts?

Give up that 2nd rounder for sure. 

The Chiefs have 2 Super Bowl victories in the past 4 seasons.  They're playing with house money.  

23 minutes ago, Mcg said:

Why anyone would believe this is beyond me Brandon Beane isn't telling anyone anything lol .

You may not like him but Tim is well connected and always right. He hedged with "Barring a significant development" ie they lower the price

I don’t see how they could fit Hopkins under their cap without taking a second mortgage (contract extension) and I don’t want to do that for a 31 y.o. who was recently injured AND recently suspended for performance enhancing drugs. I don’t know that his body is breaking down, but at 31 coupled with the PED use, I’ll pass on mortgaging the future.

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, nosejob said:

I'm willing to bet if it happens, it'll be during the draft...and how the first rd. shakes out. It might have to come in terms of a draft day trade of Ed.

Maybe they get a couple of decent picks for him and parlay that into DHop.

Maybe if Robinson makes it to 27, we can trade with Philly or the Saints for a pick or 2 and then deal.

I like the idea of this. If something falls the way Arz wants in the draft. Trade Oliver, and our first for DHop, and their 2nd and maybe more. Just to drop down a few spots and keep your 2nd and 3rd. Imo would be worth it. I don’t have full knowledge of the trade value charts so I’m sure someone could look up what would be more acceptable. 

41 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Give up that 2nd rounder for sure. 

The Chiefs have 2 Super Bowl victories in the past 4 seasons.  They're playing with house money.  

Give them the second and maybe they give us back a 4th or 5th. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

If that's their price point, they don't really want him.

It is only that low because of his high contract $19.5M this year and $14.5M next - and his age.  But, if he was making $10M/year, the trade cost would be higher because there would be more teams interested.

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

It is only that low because of his high contract $19.5M this year and $14.5M next - and his age.  But, if he was making $10M/year, the trade cost would be higher because there would be more teams interested.

I understand about the salary issue. Just a few posts above, I pointed that out to the fella I was conversing with. Even taking that into consideration, I don't think a fifth alone gets it done. If AZ is posturing to want something akin to what CMC cost the 49ers (a ridiculous proposition), I don't see them scaling back that far. So, Hopkins and his salary altogether may only be worth a fifth, but I don't see AZ taking that return, even if they become more reasonable.