NFL Week #18 - Patriots* @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

Some random thoughts on the game:

• Singletary is an exceptional blocker. He owned Uche one on one. That’s pretty impressive.
  • Cook’s best plays are when he just starts running. Patience is great, but when he hesitates so long, as he did several times, he loses opportunities.
  • Was it me, or did they show a picture of Isaiah Hodgins with John Brown’s name on his spectacular diving TD catch? And what a catch!
  • Kalil Shakir slowly ascending…
  • After three seasons, I’m still amazed at the chemistry between Allen and Diggs.
  • Knox is really a complete TE, and he was on point today. He’s not a Kelce, or Kittle, of course— but he isn’t asked to be. I wonder how he would respond if he were given the ball more? Is he good enough to be in the conversation with those guys?
  • Some shade thrown at Saffold today. But, I feel like he’s exactly what we were told he was— pretty good in the ground game, not so good at pass pro.
  • I’m all for “letting them play,” but man, did the refs miss some egregious holds, not to mention a facemask and a horse collar on a Josh Allen sack. Mac & Cheese avoided a sack because a Pats* defender got busy undressing Taron Johnson. No call. Second half, they started calling some of them.
  • Defense looked like they were sleepwalking at times. Not a great day for the D-line.
  • Holy crap Edmunds had a good game. So did Milano. At times they were almost carrying the defense.
  • I think Tre White had his best game since his return. Still not the old Tre White, though.
  • I think Elam is better than people are giving him credit for. Parker got the best of him on that TD, but it was good coverage by Elam, IMO.
  • Mac & Cheese had an uncharacteristically strong showing. I hate saying that. There isn’t another player in the league I dislike more. If that prick ends up sticking with the Pats* (I hope he does) he’ll end up earning his own asterisk*.
  • Hines rules! There was some speculation by some posters that we wouldn’t have won this game without Hines’ two spectacular return TDs. (simple math, right?) But this really isn’t true. Those returns also take away time of possession, delayed the offense from getting into rhythm, and put more pressure on the defense. We still would have won this game, because we were the better team. But man, those returns were great to watch!

GO BILLS!!!

EDIT: Regarding the Hodgins <> Brown picture swap-- I just saw that tweet posted above... LOL!

Good review except I disagree on Edmunds. He had the pick fall to him late but otherwise he was a day late and a dollar short on most plays. 

• Disagree 4
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

The Diggs TD was one of the best throws I’ve ever seen.  55 air yards to the left sideline from the right hash, dropped into a bucket.  He could have literally landed that one in a trash can like a trick throw artist.

Yeah that td throw to Diggs today along with the late Arizona td are the 2 greatest throws I think Josh has ever thrown. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Sooner or later all the nice feelings and togetherness will end. Unfortunately, it will lead to the same ####### behavior that has been prevalent over the last decade. It’s sad, and I wish it wouldn’t happen but in these times it is inevitable. 

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Miller and Hyde are big losses, but I can’t say Hamlin is a big loss… the problem with the McFrazier defense is it seems to require great players everywhere to be highly successful….and if just one of those players is hurt they aren’t nearly as effective.

Definitely requires great players in the secondary and we’re down a couple of those right now. 

21 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yeah that td throw to Diggs today along with the late Arizona td are the 2 greatest throws I think Josh has ever thrown. 

The one to Smoke Brown was not far behind, considering Josh was fully on the move when he made the throw.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The strategy needs to change. Need to dial up some rush or it will be a long day Vs playoff QBs. 

Not gonna be any one answer.  Bengals, Chargers, Chiefs and Jags all have QB who are really able to hurt you with their elite pocket movement against pressure and arm against sub par Man coverage, and if you blitz them and don’t get home you’re totally *****. Lamar presents different problems. 

At the same time you can set up a zone/man combo, and those can be easily pierced if you have elite slot/TE workers, which at minimum the chiefs and Bengals have, and don’t get own a legit pass rush - which is primarily why the Bills wanted Von Miller.

We can talk about coaching as much as you want but really Frazier and McDermott are picking among the least bad options here. 

Edited by appoo

4 minutes ago, appoo said:

Not gonna be any one answer.  Bengals, Chargers, Chiefs and Jags all have QB who are really able to hurt you with their elite pocket movement against pressure and arm against sub par Man coverage, and if you blitz them and don’t get home you’re totally *****. Lamar presents different problems. 

At the same time you can set up a zone/man combo, and those can be easily pierced if you have elite slot/TE workers, which at minimum the chiefs and Bengals have, and don’t get own a legit pass rush - which is primarily why the Bills wanted Von Miller.

We can talk about coaching as much as you want but really Frazier and McDermott are picking among the least bad options here. 

Frazier and McD have their work cut out for them and will be earning the big $$$ if they come up with successful game plans. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.