NFL Week #18 - Patriots* @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, RunTheBall said:

The problem with Davis and his drops/lack of toe drag/unable to make contested catches is not just the drop itself but the opportunity cost. Give those targets to someone else and you are making more positive plays. I’m not ready to bail at all, he’s on a cheap contract next year. Hopefully he has a monster playoff, you go to war with the army you have and he’s been integral all season even though he hasn’t capitalized on the opportunities.

For the life of me I can’t understand why Shakir isn’t more involved. He’s out there a lot and Josh never looks his way. He also completely ignores Cook who’s wide open all the time on the outlet. If he just starts taking Cook in the flat a few times a game it will open up everything in the middle. I don’t get it except I guess you have to accept Aggressive Josh if you want to get Super Josh

Davis is not as bad as many here are saying.  TSW is the land of over-reaction and "what have you done for me lately".   Sure, he has had too many drops this year but he has had some great catches too.  He has made catches on contested balls, he has done the toe drag - this criticism is just piling on.  He is what he is.  He is more of a 3/4 than a 2 for a team like ours.   

Shakir may end the better of the two, he has to learn to run better routes and get open more than he does.  He needs to work hard this off season, he has the tools.  

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

Agreed, there was at least one play where he absolutely quit. 

Yeah, when you can't do anything more up front than to spy Mac Jones, you're in trouble.

I do give him credit for trying to gut it out though; he knows the D is torn up and was willing to try what he could to help.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.