Benford activated from IR

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The big loss is in run support, particularly since NE will have to run effectively to stay in this one. And it’s awfully hard to see who fills that role. 

Siran Neal? He’s a mainstay on special teams, and I’d have more faith in him on run support than the other candidates. 

Jordan Poyer does have that twin of his.

• Haha (+1) 10

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

For all of this talk of moving various corners to safety now that Hamlin is on IR...

Even IF the coaching staff was going to do that, does anyone actually think that such a transition would go quickly/smoothly enough for the coaching staff to actually insert said converted corner into the starting lineup in the playoffs?!

I think there's about a 0% chance of that happening. If Dean Marlowe, a previously productive, smart, veteran safety who already knows the position and the system, can't crack the starting lineup at safety, does anyone really think a player who's been doing it for a couple weeks could/would?

If we want to have this discussion in the offseason, I'm all for it. But as for the rest of this season/playoffs, I'd be shocked to see anyone other than Cam Lewis, Jaquan Johnson, or Dean Marlowe manning Hamlin's vacated safety spot. And as much as Bills fans may dislike it, Lewis is very likely to get first crack at it.

It is not going to happen. I think the biggest thing people forget is Tre is straight up not a good tackler.

Have a guy who has never played safety and mix that in with him being a poor tackler?

That is a disaster waiting to happen.

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

He’s a guy they had working at both positions in camp.  I would absolutely be open to him auditioning at FS against NE.  If it’s a horrific failure, we should be able to outscore them anyway.   Same could be said for Tre making the move there for the remainder of the year, but I would think you take the experience of Tre at corner and shift the guy who’s now playing a back up role. 

While I’m sure Sean will side with that, do you really want either of those guys on the field at all?  

Dean Marlowe absolutely.  He played well when substituting for Micah Hyde before.

• Agree 2

43 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Usually you're spot on, but this is way off base.

1. Bills staff is NOT going to move an all-pro corner to FS, just because he's still recovering from a torn acl. Perhaps this is considered in 12 months, if his burst/speed isn't back to normal.  But right now, we need to be patient as he continues to get more comfortable and that knee will improve.

2.  People act like moving a player, who has played corner their entire career, over to safety is an overnight thing.  Micah transitioned, as did Poyer, now so is Cam..but it's not a move you'd do mid/late season...and these guys weren't all-pro at CB before their move either.

3. Cam/Dean/Quan: all 3 of these guys are going to be better options, than shifting Tre White to FS, at this point of the season.  I still have faith that one of these 3 will step up for us.  I don't remember seeing Cam or Quan, lined up with Poyer this year.  Makes a HUGE difference with Jordan out there.

Benford is another story, but if they had plans to move him (or Tre), we wouldn't have signed Mayden this week.

All good, and I dont disagree with the challenges of an in season move like this.  And as someone else pointed out, Tre is not a good tackler which is another valid reason of why this may not work out.

To be honest, this is more about whether Tre should be starting at CB right now, or should we start 2 guys from Elam, Dane, and Benford.  Tre has been the most exploitable weak spot on the defense since coming back.  Cincy came right at him and he drew an embarrassing PI where he was badly torched on first play and then a couple plays later got worked on an easy route for a TD.  

Teams smell blood and we have a slew of dangerous WR's potentially to face in the playoffs.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

We will need him. And early next week I hope we hear that Micah is coming back 🤞🤞🤞🤞

I would love Micah coming back just like the rest of us. A couple weeks back he said in an interview the the doctors said he would feel good enough to come back but this injury is like 6-9 healing time and they would be keeping him away to not further hurt himself. 

Apologize if it's already known- definitely not trying to be a Debbie Downer Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Definitely need him back.

Especially with Elam barely playing. Rough rookie year for him.

The whole season with all the craziness with the DBs I just have to give a pass to all the young guys thrust into tough situations.

The defensive backfield room has had so much drama and continuous substitutions I give everyone credit for just getting this far.

16 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All good, and I dont disagree with the challenges of an in season move like this.  And as someone else pointed out, Tre is not a good tackler which is another valid reason of why this may not work out.

To be honest, this is more about whether Tre should be starting at CB right now, or should we start 2 guys from Elam, Dane, and Benford.  Tre has been the most exploitable weak spot on the defense since coming back.  Cincy came right at him and he drew an embarrassing PI where he was badly torched on first play and then a couple plays later got worked on an easy route for a TD.  

Teams smell blood and we have a slew of dangerous WR's potentially to face in the playoffs.  

All good brother, good post!

Yeah Tre seems to be grabbing alot, because he doesn't seem to be moving his feet enough.  Hopefully his elite quickness comes back soon, but realistically it's more likely for next year.

That's part of my rationale of getting Cam on the field, at FS.  He brings some athleticism, and think we need more speed in the secondary too.  Getting Elam out there more would help.too.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

I would love Micah coming back just like the rest of us. A couple weeks back he said in an interview the the doctors said he would feel good enough to come back but this injury is like 6-9 healing time and they would be keeping him away to not further hurt himself. 

Apologize if it's already known- definitely not trying to be a Debbie Downer Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Ah, I thought I read something that sounded similar that said he was hoping for good news "in a couple more weeks" (right about now) and thus, I'll be fingers crossed for an announcement next week. Perhaps I misread and you are right, but I hope not lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

Ah, I thought I read something that sounded similar that said he was hoping for good news "in a couple more weeks" (right about now) and thus, I'll be fingers crossed for an announcement next week. Perhaps I misread and you are right, but I hope not lol. 

I would absolutely prefer to be wrong here

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.