(Perhaps) Unpopular Take: I have no expectations for the Bills going forward, and I’m ok with it.

eball

This season has been a gauntlet for the Bills.  Now you add this to the equation.  I am absolutely at peace with whatever happens with the Bills from here forward.  They could literally come out and not except the playoff spot and I would be fine with it.  Praying for DeMar man.  

• Like (+1) 2

Well said.  I just hope Damar 🙏🏼 is OK and fully recovers, that the players can find peace with the trauma they endured, as well as the fans.  I hope you are all OK too.  It can trigger a lot for some.  People handle it differently.   I have never been more proud of our fan base and also the Bengals.  Class acts all around!

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Like (+1) 2

I’m pretty much is the same boat less than 24 hours after the unfortunate event.  

i would be ok if the bills threw in the towel this year and didn’t play another game while getting their mental state right dedicating their time and effort to Demars foundation and the community. 

This was always supposed to be the year of the Bills. It can still be the year of the Bills….. without a playoff win. 

My feelings will likely change if our fighter can overcome and power through, but as of now, he and his family take precedent.  That’s what makes this franchise what it is. Once a Bill, always a Bill.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Seems like too much to overcome in one year. Honestly it felt that way even before Hamlin tragedy. Now I'm not sure how the team and the community recovers. Its cliché put sometimes adversity brings people even closer. Hope so.

The problem is the SuperBowl window can slam shut pretty quickly. In a few years we might be looking back at a start of a run of a few Lombardis or we could be looking back at 13 seconds when it all unraveled and spiraled downward. 

Yup. I bet the Chargers thought they had time too in 2007 when they had Rivers, Tomlinson, Gates, Turner, Vincent Jackson, merriman, Phillips, Cromartie, Florence, castillo, etc. They lost in the AFC championship game and that was the last time they were a serious contender for anything.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Well said eball - this one is really hard to process for me as a fan, I can't imagine what it's like as a player.  Just, difficult.

You hit the nail on the head with "I am proud of the team, the coaches, the fans, the community…proud to call myself a Buffalonian."  Never more so!  The strength everyone has shown over the past few years is unreal - we're all going to need a big hug after the season...

I trust the team will do what's right for them moving forward, but no matter what, this will be an all-time Bills team, for me. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Obviously I would love to continue the quest for a Super Bowl. I love football and I love the Bills, but most important to me is seeing Damar Hamlin recover. Anything else is a bonus as far as I’m concerned 

I guess I don’t understand why it can’t be both?

Why can’t we root for Damar’s health and improvement, while also going out and winning a Super Bowl for him?

Why must it be either/or? 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Yup. I bet the Chargers thought they had time too in 2007 when they had Rivers, Tomlinson, Gates, Turner, Vincent Jackson, merriman, Phillips, Cromartie, Florence, castillo, etc. They lost in the AFC championship game and that was the last time they were a serious contender for anything.

They didn’t have Josh Allen.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Einstein said:

Why can’t we root for Damar’s health and improvement, while also going out and winning a Super Bowl for him?

It definitely can be both man

just some may feel one is more important than the other

not judging

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

This is a good point.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I’m feeling optimistic about Hamlin.  Its just pure gut but I’m feeling he pulls through.  

This tragic event I feel will bring the Bills closer and man, they’ll play their hearts out for Hamlin.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Hyde went out in the second quarter of the second game.  This season has been off 99% of the year with being tied for the best record in the league?

“Off” doesn’t mean the team has been bad.

”Off” is a personal feeling. 

Things just haven’t felt “right” to me ever since that happened.

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I wouldn't care if they forfeited the rest of the season and post season.

It's so much more than a game.

But why?

What would that accomplish?

Youre right that it’s more than a game but none of the players are doctors or nurses. Playing doesn’t take away care from Hamlin. It doesn’t even take away attention from him, as each game can be dedicated to him.

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

But why?

What would that accomplish?

Youre right that it’s more than a game but none of the players are doctors or nurses. Playing doesn’t take away care from Hamlin. It doesn’t even take away attention from him, as each game can be dedicated to him.

Because who knows how long players are going to take to mentally recover from this.  It's not like a broken ankle or something like that.  That would be my biggest worry about the players currently and not trying to force them out on the field when they probably going to be thinking about this for a long time regardless of their job/schedule.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Because who knows how long players are going to take to mentally recover from this.  It's not like a broken ankle or something like that.  That would be my biggest worry about the players currently and not trying to force them out on the field when they probably going to be thinking about this for a long time regardless of their job/schedule.

I do understand how you feel though. It feels as if the season is over. But I don’t think it has to be.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.