Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

Just now, Process said:

No

The argument is only for those teams who had a shot at the #1 seed and if the Bengals had won their last two and the Chiefs lost one of their last two, they would’ve been the #1 seed. Can’t have the Bills vs Bengals in Orchard Park for the AFCCG if it comes to that.

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

So if KC loses, the Bills win, and the Bengals win, then the Bills get the 1 seed and the bye, but would have to face off against CIN at a neutral site since CIN would’ve been the 1 seed had they beaten Buffalo.

They must be going by win %. If bills win and kc loses we get back 1 seed and home field. 

Chiefs fans gifted a #1 seed and you guys are not in too bad a shape.  I'll be in our trailer park, poverty franchise with my Bengals gear on wait to coin flip home field as the division winner...... we will never get any respect no matter how many games we win.    If we dont make it please destroy KC.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

So if KC loses, the Bills win, and the Bengals win, then the Bills get the 1 seed and the bye, but would have to face off against CIN at a neutral site since CIN would’ve been the 1 seed had they beaten Buffalo.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

No

The Bills would unfairly benefit if they host Cincy in the Divisional Round (assuming they both win Week 18).

There are several inequitable scenarios that need to be factored into this proposal.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kiva said:

They must be going by win %. If bills win and kc loses we get back 1 seed and home field. 

Yeah I said that above, we get the bye and the 1 seed, but if we happen to face the Bengals in the AFCCG, Cinci would have a real gripe if the game was played in Buffalo since they theoretically could’ve been the #1 seed if they won their last two games while beating the Bills and with a Chiefs loss.

Just now, JayBaller10 said:

Yeah I said that above, we get the bye and the 1 seed, but if we happen to face the Bengals in the AFCCG, Cinci would have a real gripe if the game was played in Buffalo since they theoretically could’ve been the #1 seed if they won their last two games while beating the Bills and with a Chiefs loss.

There is no scenario where the Bills and Bengals can meet in the AFCCG, they can only meet in the Divisional Round. 

• Disagree 1

Just now, Caesar said:

Chiefs fans gifted a #1 seed and you guys are not in too bad a shape.  I'll be in our trailer park, poverty franchise with my Bengals gear on wait to coin flip home field as the division winner...... we will never get any respect no matter how many games we win.    If we dont make it please destroy KC.

Bengals will be mine and I would think every Bills' fan 2nd team in the playoffs this year.

The frustrating about the Chiefs is they really didn't earn the #1 seed. They got every opponent at their worst, we got every opponent at their best. The Chargers (twice) before they got hot. The Titans starting Malik Willis. The Texans missing Dameon Pierce and Brandin Cooks. The Rams starting Bryce Perkins and missing Cooper Kupp. The Broncos for a full half starting Brett Rypien. The Raiders starting Jarrett Stidham this weekend after having one week of his film to study. They also lost to the #2 and #3 seed in the conference. No way they earned a playoff bye and more favorable matchups.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Punch said:

There is no scenario where the Bills and Bengals can meet in the AFCCG, they can only meet in the Divisional Round. 

How’s that if the Chiefs lose to the Raiders and the Bills beat the Pats? They’d have the higher winning percentage.

4 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Cincinnati and Baltimore is only a coin flip wrt the Wild Card Round. Baltimore was unfairly deprived at a shot for the AFC North with the Bills-Bengals cancellation.

So to summarize

Chiefs benefit with best chance at a bye and not having to go on the road 

Bills don't get help but also not completely screwed over 

Bengals get screwed over completely - chance they have to coin flip for chance at home field in the wild card round as a division winner, likely have to go on the road in the divisional round and then at best get a neutral site afc championship game lol 

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad

12 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

Correction to last part.  If KC loses and Bills lose, and Bengals win, Bengals get the bye.

I don't think that is right.  If Bengals win they will be 12-4.  If KC loses, they will be 13-4.  Better record KC gets #1 seed.  Cincy cannot be #1 seed.

3 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

How’s that if the Chiefs lose to the Raiders and the Bills beat the Pats? They’d have the higher winning percentage.

The Bengals cannot be seeded low enough to miss Buffalo in the Divisional Round.

Edit: Honestly, I’m not sure I can work out all the permutations after a few beers.

Edited by Punch

For me personally, idc about homefield. It just means we get to watch our team play one extra game.  KC has limped across the finish line against some really bad teams down the stretch, and Buffalo has proven more than once they can go into Arrowhead and beat Mahomes.

Part of me almost hope KC wins this week, I don’t like the idea of basically not playing the past week, playing one game against the Pats, then getting another week off.  Seems like too much time off the field, and then you come out rusty in the Divisional round and fall behind quick. 

2 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

I’m guessing a neutral site game would be played in Detroit or Indianapolis as they’re the domes that are located between the potential teams.

Any idea how they would sell tickets? I would hope season ticket holders for each team would get dibs. That would be pretty cool actually - like a college bowl game.

Ppl have to understand this is an entertainment business

that abomination of a press release / convoluted and nonsense by nfl is for one thing

an opportunity 

they want to have a test run at playing afc and nfc championship games at neutral sites to make bank. Also minimize crappy weather. Make Vegas / betting more impactful for their bottom dollar. 

Nothing more nothing less 

• Vomit 1

Just now, Punch said:

The Bengals cannot be seeded low enough to miss Buffalo in the Divisional Round.

This is with the assumption the Chiefs win on Saturday. You’re not factoring in the chance the Bills could still earn the 1 seed, which is with a victory versus the Pats and a Chiefs loss. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.