Has Taron Johnson injury severity been diagnosed?

Chandler#81

5 hours ago, Never NEVER Give-up said:

Thanks for the videos. . . 
Hendrickson really launched himself into Josh's feet, didn't he!
Hurst had a great block on Johnson, then went totally bush-league with the spear at the end - intent to injure perhaps?

The league should be reviewing these plays and leveling fines/suspensions.  But given how the game ended, I don't think they will even review it.

I could actually believe Hurst was trying to finish the block and got his feet tangled.  The other one was obvious he sped himself back up to roll into Josh.  Dawkins should have beat his @$$ for that.

22 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Especially the leg whip into Josh.   There is an official standing there staring at an obvious cheapshot on a QB.   The Hurst play was cheap but refs cant watch every block, they DO have a dedicated ref to watch late/low or otherwise illegal hits on the QB's though.   After all the good Cinci has done since Damar went down, it's sad that a few of these guys are still out there playing cheap.  You'd think the organization would have learned from Burfict and how he got their entire team labeled as thugs over the years with disgusting plays like that just intending to hurt.

The only solution is the league has to allow challenges on unnecessary roughness plays that don't get called.  Put the onus on the teams to watch their own guys from the booths and be able to have NY refs take a quick look and call penalties for stuff like that.  Eventually it will be safer for the players because the cheapshotters won't get away with anything.

Good idea. This would limit cheap shots

The more I watch it, the more I’m giving Hendrickson the benefit of the doubt. The end zone angle seems to show a lot more momentum and that continuing rolling was unavoidable. And he seemed to tuck his knees up as he rolled, which avoided excessive contact with Joshy’s legs. Unless he was maybe trying to strike the nuggets with his cleats.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Zag20 said:

The more I watch it, the more I’m giving Hendrickson the benefit of the doubt. The end zone angle seems to show a lot more momentum and that continuing rolling was unavoidable. And he seemed to tuck his knees up as he rolled, which avoided excessive contact with Joshy’s legs. Unless he was maybe trying to strike the nuggets with his cleats.

Not a popular opinion no doubt, and I may be wrong, but I didn't think Hurst's action was a cheap shot. Johnson's injury seemed to happen on initial contact which was just a good block and looked to be a head trauma. I don't think Hurst passing over Johnson after that did any damage. I didn't see him kneeing Taron. Celebrating over a player that is down is not cool but I don't think he meant to be taunting an injured player. If I'm mistaken then somebody needs to make a note of his number and follow up maybe when he least expects it. That's how hockey works anyway.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

This was just as bad as the Gronk party on Tre but because of the bromance with the Bengals no one wants to call it out. F that guy. Bush league play.

Not bush league, it’s called “kicking ass”. C’mon Arty, don’t be a puuuuusaaaay. 

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

This was just as bad as the Gronk party on Tre but because of the bromance with the Bengals no one wants to call it out. F that guy. Bush league play.

Not the Gronk action, not at all. Just finishing through to the whistle (and not after the play, like Gronk).

• Agree 1

I think given the gravity of the game it’s understandable players were going for delivering hard contact in attempt to be the ‘tougher’ team.

I believe these were deliberate attempts to dominate the Bills by using size advantage and physicality. In each instance the Bengals player is making an attempt to deliver the blow. This speaks to the scrappy nature of the Bengals team.

There is a fine line between playing tough and playing dirty. I feel these were on the dirty side. 

On 1/3/2023 at 7:19 PM, thunderingsquid said:

I'd like to turn this into it's own thread if you don't mind.  Would you be interested in responding to my take on it if I start one?  In all fairness, I agree with you completely and I hope others do too.  I was saying this through the whole first quarter.  F Hurst BTW.

There is nothing you can say to me that will make me believe neither of those were dirty af plays. People trying to make excuses for Hendrickson's b**** a** are either dumb or delusional. You see on the second angle where he is looking directly at Josh's legs, then whips his body over and into him. F that guy. Same thing with Hurst. He just jumped straight to a Gronk level type of c*nt, but with only a 1/4 of the talent. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/3/2023 at 1:03 PM, BUFFALOBART said:

The call on the first play of the game, was more than questionable. PI gets called, 'when the refs feel like calling it'.

When I saw the replay of that PI call, I thought "OK, if that's the way you want to call the game - just be sure you call it fair to both sides that way"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

So I don't know if the OP question has been addressed, but Taron was listed as "limited" in today's practice with concussion.

We also released CB Xavier Rhodes and claimed a safety named Jared Mayden from the NY Jets practice squad.

Mayden spent from Oct 10 to Nov 3 on the Bills PS.

2020 with the 49ers, mostly PS but active for a couple of games

2021 with the Eagles, injured in 2022 camp and waived in September

2022 Bills and then Jets PS

Alabama guy

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jared-mayden/32004d41-5928-9049-dc85-306cbb28b23a

Just under 6 ft tall, 200 lbs, 4.44 40-time

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/3/2023 at 11:01 AM, YoloinOhio said:

I had a pit in my stomach about the rest of the game as soon as they showed that replay of hurst laying onto him with no flag, and it turned out to just get worse from there. 

They need to look at the tape & deal out a fine for the hit especially because of the fact that he has a concussion now which is more than likely due to in part his actions after the fact that he was already down .

If they want the game to be more safe going forward this type of thing needs to be addressed to let players know that they are watching for these kind of things where a injury is involved .

On 1/3/2023 at 11:18 AM, Motorin' said:

Two scum bag moves, first from Hurst diving into the back of Taron' s head. Then Hendrickson whipping himself into Josh's legs. 

I hope they both realize how wrong they were this morning trying to hurt their opponents. 

I don't believe what Tee Higgins did was intentional, but I am not surprised others may be viewing it differently. Don't play as a team like scum bags, and you wont be viewed as scum bags.

10 minutes ago, DieHardBillsFan said:

I don't believe what Tee Higgins did was intentional, but I am not surprised others may be viewing it differently. Don't play as a team like scum bags, and you wont be viewed as scum bags.

Yeah, there's nothing that Tee did wrong. 

3 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

I know we are all supposed to be in love with Cinci right now but the Bengals are a group of cheap shot, dirty players and will not be given any respect by me.

I still love the city & the fans, and MOST of the team & coaches.

The guy who rolled up on Allen - that one is hard to explain away. It genuinely looked like he launched himself at Josh's knee.

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I still love the city & the fans, and MOST of the team & coaches.

The guy who rolled up on Allen - that one is hard to explain away. It genuinely looked like he launched himself at Josh's knee.

I do not have any problems with the Bengals fans, they were full of class and remain so, but these players were coached up to play dirty and they did. Coach Taylor may have acted humanely after Damar Hamlin died on the field but he coached his players to play dirty in this game. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.