Carr Benched. Stidham Starting Rest of Season

wjag

12 hours ago, Talley56 said:

I have Josh Jacobs in a FF championship this weekend.  It was already going to be hard enough for him to run on the Niners’ defense.  With Stidham at QB I fear SF can pretty much load the box to stop Jacobs all game.

THIS! I’m in the same spot and questioning playing him. My backup option would be McKinnon. Who has had some big games lately, but he is also a big gamble. 

• Agree 1

Apologies if this was discussed earlier in the thread...

Does anyone find it ironic that the NFL is OK with a team sitting it's starting QB in an obvious tank move ? 

They investigated the Dolphins because a disgruntled/fired coach (Flores) claimed the owner would pay him money to lose games in his first year. They apparently don't care that the Raiders are actively throwing 2 games to end the season. 

The Bills did the same thing to Tyrod in 2016 and I thought it was a pretty shady move then 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

23 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Does anyone find it ironic that the NFL is OK with a team sitting it's starting QB in an obvious tank move ? 

They investigated the Dolphins because a disgruntled/fired coach (Flores) claimed the owner would pay him money to lose games in his first year. They apparently don't care that the Raiders are actively throwing 2 games to end the season. 

The Bills did the same thing to Tyrod in 2016 and I thought it was a pretty shady move then 

Nothing will ever be more blatant tanking, IMO, than when Doug Pederson played Nate Sudfeld the final game of the year and improved his draft position by 3 spots. 

27 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I’m pretty sure this is about Carr’s contract and the Raiders ability to get out of it. If Carr were to be injured, the Raiders would be stuck with him. They have a brief window after the season to move on before the contract becomes guaranteed and it looks like they’re moving on. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

This also creates an issue with Devante Adams as he stated he would not have gone to the Raiders if he knew this would happen. The Raiders are in for a messy off season.

I'd send them a 3rd rounder for Adams if they eat part of his salary - Get 'r done Beane.

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

It’s not all of Carr’s fault but he definitely deserves 50 percent of blame. 

This is actually one of Carr's worse season's as a QB.   His average passer rating is sitting at 86.3 .  He's done a lot better in previous seasons as 2019 and 2020 seasons both had passer ratings above 100.  So definitely his performance hasn't been that great as of late.

2 hours ago, Sestak4ever said:

This also creates an issue with Devante Adams as he stated he would not have gone to the Raiders if he knew this would happen. The Raiders are in for a messy off season.

I think they are trying to do a quick rebuild if they can.  They'll look at FA QBs and/or see if they got a chance for a rookie QB.

If nothing works out for them QB wise, I bet they tank in 2023.  If it's the tank route, Adams will get traded.

It's another high risk for that organization that has proven they mess up more than not.

15 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

someone is going to Miami. It it is clear  Tua can not be counted on there. 

It’s either Derek Carr or Jimmy G going to Miami. I was leaning toward Carr to Miami at first butJimmy G has a background with McDaniel and knows how to run his offense. Brady I think is retiring after this season. He’s got nothing left and idk who’s gonna want to sign a 46 year old QB who really can’t throw the football anymore. 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

55 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Brady, they tried getting him a year or two ago and what better way to prop up his numbers than throwing to Hill and Waddle.

Brady is done he can’t throw the football anymore. There’s been countless times this season wheres he’s either overthrown or under thrown his receivers. You can’t blame lack of offensive power because they have the weapons down there. Father Time finally caught up to him. That would be retarted of Miami to get rid of Tua for a 46 year old QB with nothing left in the tank. Brady is just a name at this point and nothing more. 

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Brady is done he can’t throw the football anymore. There’s been countless times this season wheres he’s either overthrown or under thrown his receivers. You can’t blame lack of offensive power because they have the weapons down there. Father Time finally caught up to him. That would be retarted of Miami to get rid of Tua for a 46 year old QB with nothing left in the tank. Brady is just a name at this point and nothing more. 

Brady still has that ability to lead two minute game winning drives like we saw against the Rams and Saints this year. It’s like he can do that in his sleep. 

I think Las Vegas would be a good landing spot for Brady. 

3 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Brady still has that ability to lead two minute game winning drives like we saw against the Rams and Saints this year. It’s like he can do that in his sleep. 

I think Las Vegas would be a good landing spot for Brady. 

He played the panthers 🤣. Go back and look how he’s done against stellar competition this year. He looks pedestrian 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.