Week 17: Bills at Bengals on MNF

Beck Water

12 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

For the most part I agree with you. However, isn't there a chance that Josh and the Bills offense underpreform? Hear me out before you bash me. The Bengals D has been able to contain Mahomes and the KC offense. They had very good game plans. I'm thinking they will have a similar game plan for Allen. Will it be effective? Besides Diggs, who can you trust at WR?

I get the leave it to Josh statement. He certainly can take over a game. However, he's not exactly been a world beater of late. It's been more the running game that's played well. This team seems more balanced and a bit less reliant on Josh than the past. Probably a good thing. 

Definelty have to limit the turnovers which has been problematic for the Bills. 

Containing Burrow is easier said than done. Burrow almost always comes to play when its a big game. The Bills should be prepared for the best version of Burrow. I hope the Bills D is up for the task. For sure, I'd feel way more confident with a healthy Von and Hyde. That's a moot point though. 

Go Bills!!!!

Look at this point in his career I don’t know what more Allen can do to convince you he is a different bread of cat just last week he was AFC offensive player of the week cause of what he did against the fins there are only a few QBs in this league or the history of this league that say I ain’t losing this game and then go out and do it. He’s one of them. This game is like all big games are for this team on the defense. In big games where they get asked to shut down the offense of the other team they don’t. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BRH said:

Blah blah blah. From the Athletic:

The biggest game on paper this week is the Monday night tilt between the Bills and Bengals in Cincinnati. Who has the edge as these teams continue to fight it out for the top seed in the AFC?

Graff: I’m taking the Bengals at home. Since Week 9, they have the best offense in the NFL according to EPA per play, one spot ahead of the Chiefs. The Bills, meanwhile, rank 11th. Time is running out for them to return to the form we all expected as season-long Super Bowl favorites. So give me Joe Burrow at home.

Jones: I think the Bengals can get the job done again. They’re the hottest team in the league, riding a seven-game win streak, and I don’t see any reason why they can’t continue this brand of complementary football that is carrying them. Joe Burrow and his defense have already bested Patrick Mahomes. Josh Allen is next.

Sando: The Bengals at home have been my choice in this game for the past few weeks, and I’m sticking with it. They should get Josh Allen’s best punch, which could be enough for the Bills to win. I just like how Cincinnati has been playing and think they should be able to pull this one out at home.

Great analysis.  “Time is running out for [the Bills].”  “I don’t see any reason why [the Bengals] can’t continue.”  “I just like how Cincinnati has been playing.” 🙄

Yup. At this point they are handing over billboard material.

It's not that talking heads are pointing out scheme matchups. It's "Burrow good, Chase good, Josh Allen inconsistent" and that's where it stops

• Agree 3

19 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Look at this point in his career I don’t know what more Allen can do to convince you he is a different bread of cat just last week he was AFC offensive player of the week cause of what he did against the fins there are only a few QBs in this league or the history of this league that say I ain’t losing this game and then go out and do it. He’s one of them. This game is like all big games are for this team on the defense. In big games where they get asked to shut down the offense of the other team they don’t. 

You don't have to convince me that Allen is a "different cat." I no Allen is elite and a franchise QB.

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Not like we haven’t face defenses like that all year for instants the Jets

Man, if a little dirty could just play ball as well as he can dance

Difference w the Jets d is their boundary corners are pretty darn good too. But I agree the Jets D was stout up the middle. I found it maybe a little telling that Cinci’s D cord was referencing plays from the Jets game. 

2 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

It is their weakness but they have a very good DVOA against #1 receivers (bills are bad against number #1s but throttle all others). I think Davis will really need to get going on the boundary. 

Agreed. They will double Diggs and put the focus on him. Davis is due for a big game too. Let’s hope we get the Gabe from the KC playoff game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I’m not that guy, if anything I’m super negative usually but I got a feeling the bengals are driving towards the corner of ***** around and find out. This team is actually starting to really bother me and they might want to keep their moths shut until after the game. It’s going to be a tough game but there seem to be a lot of feelings flying around that are making the Bills out to be inferior…might want to check that at the door

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, muppy said:

IMO this game, like most any NFL contest will be decided by these 3 things with 3 being as important as anything else

1. Who commits the most turnovers

2. Who commits the most "called" penalties* OR is the recipient of any gift calls. Lord I hope it isn't THIS that turns the game

3. Which side will dominate in the trenches both offensively and defensively

a 4th could be the play of special teams both in our favor and they against us.

DOMINATE  on 3

1..2...3...GO BILLS

Burrows been sacked 39 times and 2 fumbles.  Josh is 2nd in the league in fumbles though not all turnovers. He has 31 sacks against with 5 fumbles. 

It’s a head scratcher how much they are absolutely disrespecting the bills

the bengals just seem REALLY cocky to me all the sudden

lile they’ve done something amazing I’m barely beating the bucs and the pats

but keep it comin Joe and co. Keep the cockiness going 

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m not that guy, if anything I’m super negative usually but I got a feeling the bengals are driving towards the corner of ***** around and find out. This team is actually starting to really bother me and they might want to keep their moths shut until after the game. It’s going to be a tough game but there seem to be a lot of feelings flying around that are making the Bills out to be inferior…might want to check that at the door

I can’t get over how cocky they are

its amazing to me how much ***** they are talking 

13 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Bengals sure doing a lot of talking.  

7 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

it is really bizarre that they are doing all of this talking. Sounds like it could

be less about cockiness, and more

about being insecure. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Process said:

The amount I'm betting on the Bills moneyline continues to go up. 

We are going to steamroll these clowns. No mercy. 

So much cockiness for a team that had like 10 tipped ball interceptions on their playoff run last year

Thank God I am a bills fan and not a Bungles fan

Nice practice facility you chumps 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.