If you are current Directv subscriber is todays announcement gonna move you away from the provider?

Xwnyer

3 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

Hope so 

The NFL announced on Thursday morning that, starting in 2023, Sunday Ticket will be available only through YouTube. It will be an add-on package for YouTube TV, and a standalone option for YouTube Primetime Channels.

I have been evaluating the streaming services and for my family I like the HULU, ESPN+, DISNEY+ for $70.  Only problem is I just paid for DISNEY+ on DEC2 for a year and I dont think I can be refunded that even prorated.

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I really wish that you could just subscribe to one team like they let you do with the MLB TV app. 

Nothing says they wont but nothing says it will save lots of money either if they do.  People wanting to watch their team is probably 90% of that package.  THey need to make money on their $2Bil/year investment.  You will be paying if you want it

7 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

No.  I need the Bally Channel to watch the Mavericks, Rangers,and the Stars.

It'll probably be a wash.  My DirecTV bill will drop since there'll be no more Sunday Ticket. However I will have to subscribe to YouTube to see the Bills games.

Stunning just stunning 

• Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

No.  I need the Bally Channel to watch the Mavericks, Rangers,and the Stars.

It'll probably be a wash.  My DirecTV bill will drop since there'll be no more Sunday Ticket. However I will have to subscribe to YouTube to see the Bills games.

you don't need youtube TV. Will be able to get it on youtube prime. Log in to youtube and buy the Ticket.....from what I've read

• Like (+1) 2

We have been streaming tV for about 6 years now.  Too far off the road to get cable.  So I've looked into options carefully for TV and internet.  The best deal with the best service I've found for internet is Verizon 5G wifi.  $25/month for 50mbs and it's reliable.  add that to $65 for youtube TV and Its much less than most people pay for cable with similar features.

I'm not going to dump DTV right away, but what sucks is that I've received sunday ticket free for at least the last 10 years either by playing the annual 'threaten to cancel service' game or in recent years being offered it as a loyalty gift without having to call and haggle. I've actually had pretty good experience with their customer service that a lot of people say is horrible.

Going forward I'm sure Youtube will offer some form of new user discount and promotion for having sunday ticket in 2023, but beyond that probably going to be back to paying $400 a year for it like the old days which is the bigger issue unfortunately.

• Agree 1

I started the YouTube TV five-day free trial today. So far, I'm not that impressed. A lot of channels that I don't care about ... or care for. And the basic package doesn't scratch all my itches:  4K TV costs an extra $10.99 a month, movie channels are extra, too.  And that's the case with my DirecTV subscription as well as most cable packages. But as far as being able to get Sunday Ticket, the devil is in the details: Depending on whether I can get Sunday Ticket without being forced to pay the $64.99 monthly fee for YTTV, I might just switch from DTV to the DTV streaming service.

I live in florida. Lightning storms have killed 12 main recievers of mine, and fried two tvs.. service wont with with hdmi surge protectors in place. It took them 4 YEARS to figure out what was causing the issue. 

That being said, they USED TO BE great! Now? they're gone. Cancelling it as soon as the season ends. Cant WAIT! 

On 12/22/2022 at 4:41 PM, Xwnyer said:

I was really hoping that current DTV sat subs would be able to still get NFLST via Sat feed however announcements today appear to make it exclusive offering from YTTV.

If you are a current DTV subscriber will you continue?  For me it looks like a very easy decision to walk away.  I moved in middle of October and kept the sat subscription so I could continue to access NFLST via the ST App.  My HOA provides spectrum Internet and cable as part of our base fees so I was in No hurry to install dish on new home since NFLST a is the main reason I went to DTV in 1996.  

I personally hate this decision since I a think the directv hardware is great, fast switching, whole home DVR, PIP and many other features that do not exist in any of  these streaming services that I am aware of.

wondering about others will you stay or will you go?

Direct TV offers little for the money I pay. I was getting the package for free every year, so I stayed. So, as you said, it's an easy decision to walk away. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, notwoz said:

I started the YouTube TV five-day free trial today. So far, I'm not that impressed. A lot of channels that I don't care about ... or care for. And the basic package doesn't scratch all my itches:  4K TV costs an extra $10.99 a month, movie channels are extra, too.  And that's the case with my DirecTV subscription as well as most cable packages. But as far as being able to get Sunday Ticket, the devil is in the details: Depending on whether I can get Sunday Ticket without being forced to pay the $64.99 monthly fee for YTTV, I might just switch from DTV to the DTV streaming service.

seems like you will be able to get Sunday Ticket without youtube TV.  DTV streaming is much more expensive than youtube with fewer channels. If you believe reviews, it's rated kinda low

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

seems like you will be able to get Sunday Ticket without youtube TV.  DTV streaming is much more expensive than youtube with fewer channels. If you believe reviews, it's rated kinda low

and the 4k is currently a non factor.  There's very little content.  save your money.

• Like (+1) 1

The key will be how much the a la' carte sunday ticket add on costs vs. total cost YTTV and the sunday ticket included.  This will determine what the new main TV source will be- DTV, YTTV or Digital Cable.  

Interested to hear any info on pricing as this thread continues.  

On 12/23/2022 at 5:12 AM, newcam2012 said:

I have DTV and it's too expensive. I'm not tech savvy and wondering which streaming device is best for my needs. Looking for some advice. Basically I watch sports. Love the NBA and NFL network channels, along with watching basketball on TNT and Football anywhere. Like the golf network and NHL network too. I'm not in Buffalo so I do like my local network channels for news and Laker games. If I ditch DTV will I lose my ability to watch these channels? 

They have all of that.

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA45qdBhD-ARIsAOHbVdHGZYXdM-RfLowv-an3b6LFlVMahtYeVRVm4x8iFP94hBTRFl7hsn0aAn8uEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds#panel-0

Only channels I watch that are missing are NHL and A&E. I just started free trial yesterday. Not bad at all.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.