NFL grants YouTube TV exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket rights in the US starting in 2023(deal worth $2B+)

Big Turk

Just now, CaptnCoke11 said:

Seems a bit steep.  They won’t get a cent from me unless they offer a team package 

I have youtube tv so $289 for me with Red Zone which is cheaper than last season but yep, a little pricey but expected

18 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Might I suggest a more 'pedestrian' beverage choice?

image.jpeg.55002f792af2de5b56374fe47cc0b6e7.jpeg
(Also very appropriate the next day...sounds emitted generally mimic the beer's name.)

11 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Reminds me of another beer that does the same thing.

8806008750110.png

9 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

My example is a noun.  Yours, I believe, is a verb. 😁

Each one is an onomatopoeia.

15 minutes ago, nucci said:

I have youtube tv so $289 for me with Red Zone which is cheaper than last season but yep, a little pricey but expected

Apparently, you will be able to split screen multiple games with this, so kinda defeats the need for Redzone now.

If there's more than one game I care about, I can just have it up at the same time.

Where is the YoutubeTV sign up for Sunday Ticket, any links to the actual signup?

I'm looking for it but can't find where

**** YoutubeTV is a nice setup, signed up a few weeks ago and chucking DirecTV

Just now, ddaryl said:

Where is the YoutubeTV sign up for Sunday Ticket, any links to the actual signup?

Don't think the signup is active yet.  Supposed to go live at some point today.  I would imagine it will appear right in the settings page that shows all the available additional subscriptions.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I wonder if I'll still be able to get the Red Zone channel on our cable system (Xfinity/Comcast), like we have been getting for the past several years. I don't think I have paid extra for this, although I might have with some sort of "sports package" I pay a nominal fee for (less than $20).

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I have youtube TV but can't find a signup link either

Just now, Bob Jones said:

I wonder if I'll still be able to get the Red Zone channel on our cable system (Xfinity/Comcast), like we have been getting for the past several years. I don't think I have paid extra for this, although I might have with some sort of "sports package" I pay a nominal fee for (less than $20).

https://www.nfl.com/redzone/

36 minutes ago, nucci said:

If you’re a YouTube TV subscriber, you’ll pay:

$249 for the basic season-long package of out-of-market games if you sign up during the presale that starts today and ends June 6th.

$289 if you also want the RedZone channel. (Which you should. RedZone is awesome.)

$349 for the basic package if you miss the presale.

$389 for the package including RedZone if you miss the presale.

You can also get just RedZone through YouTube TV by purchasing the Sports Plus add-on for $10.99 a month.

If you’re subscribing through YouTube’s Primetime Channels feature instead, you’ll pay:

$349 for the base package if you get in during the presale.

$389 for the package with RedZone during the presale.

$449 for the base package after the presale ends.

$489 for the full package post-presale.

$249 for the season is a bargain!  (I already have RedZone)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

41 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Seems a bit steep.  They won’t get a cent from me unless they offer a team package 

350÷18 weeks basically comes out to $20 per week. So if you watch one game a week, most of them being bills games and the other weeks tune in to whatever games that are out of market that are interesting that seems like a fair price. 

if they end up offering just a team package I don’t think it’ll be less than $15 per game.

• Like (+1) 1

Schedule comes out in May, right? Before June 6.

I'll wait to see how many prime time games we get again. I'd assume at least 3, if not 4 again. If thats the case, I may just save my money since between those games and the couple where the Bills end up the National game, I'm already getting half the Bills season on TV.

Couple that with bars being back full swing, and the Bills Backers Atlanta always being a fun time...

It may be that I end up having to pirate 2-3 games, and the rest I can catch normally and for free. I can deal with that.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

350÷18 weeks basically comes out to $20 per week. So if you watch one game a week, most of them being bills games and the other weeks tune in to whatever games that are out of market that are interesting that seems like a fair price. 

if they end up offering just a team package I don’t think it’ll be less than $15 per game.

Figure the prmetime games in this equation and probably only need Sunday Ticket for 13 games as a Bills fan

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Figure the prmetime games in this equation and probably only need Sunday Ticket for 13 games as a Bills fan

that’s true. but in my case inevitably there’s going to be one game every week that’s outside my market of another team that I wanna tune in to at least for half the game. 

8 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Yep and I go to the local Bills bar for a few games also, Essentially, I'd have to pay $350 for 7 or 8 games.  Welp, whatever, guess I'll have to take my spanking from ole Rog...

Edited by Fallser

2 hours ago, nucci said:

The pricing for the first season of NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube has finally been revealed. It’s not all that dissimilar from years past, but still pricier than the final year on DirecTV in 2022, with some important distinctions. Here’s what you need to know: 

Fans can sign up starting Tuesday for the out-of-market games package.

There are two categories of pricing, one for those who subscribe to YouTube TV (cheaper) and those who will use YouTube Primetime Channels, a hub that features sports, movies, TV and other events.

In the final season of DirectTV’s 28-year run, Sunday Ticket cost $300 and up to $400 bundled with the satellite carrier’s version of RedZone. Moving forward, there is only the NFL’s own RedZone available.

After $100 presale discounts expire, YouTube TV will charge $349 for Sunday Ticket and $389 with RedZone; the cost on primetime channels once the presale discount ends are $449, and $489 with RedZone. Before June 6, the prices are $249 and $349 for the package on YouTube TV and Primetime Channels, and $50 more with RedZone.

On the Youtube ST page (https://blog.youtube/news-and-events/nfl-sunday-ticket-presale-2023/) they say 

And for viewers who just want NFL Sunday Ticket without the full YouTube TV offering, we got you covered. For the first time, NFL Sunday Ticket is broadly available without a satellite subscription through YouTube Primetime Channels.

Is Youtube Primetime Channels free?  Googling it is confusing some things say there is a subscription cost  

Edited by stevewin

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.