NFL grants YouTube TV exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket rights in the US starting in 2023(deal worth $2B+)

Big Turk

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

this is just for youtube TV subscription, not Sunday Ticket

Right - the part I was confused about is if the Youtube Primetime is free

I just want to get ST w/o having to sign up to another streaming service

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

Ugh - I would ditch DTV and go to YouTube but they don't have some of the channels I watch all the time - History, A&E, Vice - I'd really have to think if it is worth being without those to go to YouTube TV....

I'll still get Sunday Ticket and my plan was to get rid of the dish at some point - YouTube TV seemed like a no brainer until I saw it was missing those channels...

4 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

Ugh - I would ditch DTV and go to YouTube but they don't have some of the channels I watch all the time - History, A&E, Vice - I'd really have to think if it is worth being without those to go to YouTube TV....

I'll still get Sunday Ticket and my plan was to get rid of the dish at some point - YouTube TV seemed like a no brainer until I saw it was missing those channels...

I dropped directv and miss those channels too but it's still better and much cheaper. No genie or dvr , cables...nice clean setup. I'm happy with the switch

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

20 minutes ago, nucci said:

I dropped directv and miss those channels too but it's still better and much cheaper. No genie or dvr , cables...nice clean setup. I'm happy with the switch

How is the navigation? Maybe I am a dinosaur but I had some issues figuring out youtube tv. 

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

How is the navigation? Maybe I am a dinosaur but I had some issues figuring out youtube tv. 

took a few times. New guide and pretty easy now. DVR is great

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

that’s true. but in my case inevitably there’s going to be one game every week that’s outside my market of another team that I wanna tune in to at least for half the game. 

If you like to watch other teams play then there just is no other deal to be had, and its a reasonable amount to pay.

I'm out of state and have been since 1997, Sunday Ticket has been a lifeline for me, but the overall value does decrease considering the prime time games. But I gladly pay it because I view it as reasonable

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

me too but only because its new.

The Home page is quite nice. Took me awhile to figure it out and get comfortable but everything that is available to you is catagorized, which IMO beats endless scrolling through the guide. You want to watch a comedy click the comedy filter and all you see are the comedy options, same for news, action Sitcoms etc.... Its really a nice feature,

Library section takes some time. For me I had a bunch of shows that I have already watched on my DirecTV section but they still showed up on my New section. I actually have to go to the PC or my tablet to open up my library (I use a PS5 and tagging stuff as watched I couldn't do here)  and tag what I had seen as watched. A bit of chore but not to bad, hoping they change that

Nice thing about the Library they already give you a list of all the seasons and episodes you may have missed in this section

Now older stuff becomes video on demand (VoD) and you will be forced to watch some commercials, but anything you set as you favorite will record DVR style so you can fast forward through commercials

Edited by ddaryl

9 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

me too but only because its new.

The Home page is quite nice. Took me awhile to figure it out and get comfortable but everything that is available to you is catagorized, which IMO beats endless scrolling through the guide. You want to watch a comedy click the comedy filter and all you see are the comedy options, same for news, action Sitcoms etc.... Its really a nice feature,

Library section takes some time. For me I had a bunch of shows that I have already watched on my DirecTV section but they still showed up on my New section. I actually have to go to the PC or my tablet to open up my library (I use a PS5 and tagging stuff as watched I couldn't do here)  and tag what I had seen as watched. A bit of chore but not to bad, hoping they change that

Nice thing about the Library they already give you a list of all the seasons and episodes you may have missed in this section

Now older stuff becomes video on demand (VoD) and you will be forced to watch some commercials, but anything you set as you favorite will record DVR style so you can fast forward through commercials

biggest adjustment for me after 20 years of directv is channels don't have numbers

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nucci said:

biggest adjustment for me after 20 years of directv is channels don't have numbers

I agree with that... UNTIL I found how to use the home page, the guide is so 1990's

Just now, Virgil said:

Does anyone know how the password sharing works?  Might not be so bad if my family can share it

It's not even cheating...you can set up a "family account" and use your family member's email address.  They get their own "account" that completely shares whatever you have purchased.  I think you can share with up to five family members.  Now, how they confirm whether or not they are "family" I don't know, but I did this for my mom and she now has free TV piggybacking on my account.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, eball said:

It's not even cheating...you can set up a "family account" and use your family member's email address.  They get their own "account" that completely shares whatever you have purchased.  I think you can share with up to five family members.  Now, how they confirm whether or not they are "family" I don't know, but I did this for my mom and she now has free TV piggybacking on my account.

That is awesome.  Does it cost more?

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

That is awesome.  Does it cost more?

Nope.  I was surprised as well.  It's true free sharing with your family.

Edit:  the only caveat is that the family member has to have an existing (free) google account.

Edited by eball

2 hours ago, nucci said:

took a few times. New guide and pretty easy now. DVR is great

So is there an easy way with the guide to see what's on TV say on Friday night??  I have You Tube mainly for sports channels and do plan to get ST.  But also have a TIVO with antenna for local network channels and their guide seems to be much easier to use than You Tube if I want to see what's on say 5 days from now.  Or am I missing something?

Do wonder as a You Tube subscriber will they be sending me an email about it to sign up?

Recall when MLB offered their one team only package, the difference between that and the full package was like maybe 10% cheaper, so little wasn't worth it.

7 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So is there an easy way with the guide to see what's on TV say on Friday night??  I have You Tube mainly for sports channels and do plan to get ST.  But also have a TIVO with antenna for local network channels and their guide seems to be much easier to use than You Tube if I want to see what's on say 5 days from now.  Or am I missing something?

Do wonder as a You Tube subscriber will they be sending me an email about it to sign up?

Recall when MLB offered their one team only package, the difference between that and the full package was like maybe 10% cheaper, so little wasn't worth it.

Is the DVR just like "ondemand" where I can access recent shows?  I'm wondering if this would replace things like Hulu, Paramount, or Peacock for me.  I would lose the online only shows, but meh

15 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I don't know if you can pick a random day and see what is on. I can look at that

I did read where subscribers will be sent out notices starting today and for the next few days. I haven't received mine yet

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Is the DVR just like "ondemand" where I can access recent shows?  I'm wondering if this would replace things like Hulu, Paramount, or Peacock for me.  I would lose the online only shows, but meh

the dvr is a little different. You choose shows to "add to your library". You can't record a single show, it records all seasons. I'm still learning it but it is unlimited so no worry about running out of space. Shows will delete after 9 months. I already have it set up to record all Bills games

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, eball said:

Careful. 

it does work like that but you are supposed to be a family at the same location. If you look in the Family Sharing link that was sent in the location section, it says…

“Location requirements work the same if you're sharing your YouTube TV membership with a family group. The family manager sets the home area, and all family members must primarily live in the same household.”

Right now I think you can have 5-6 but only 3 actively watching it. Not sure if they are going to allow multiple people watching Sunday Ticket at the same time? Assuming you’d tune in using the current YouTube TV app. 

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.