The "Other Josh" signed to Vikings PS

Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I will never live down that I posted on this board how pissed I was the Bills didn't draft the "Other Josh" right after we picked Allen...please forgive me, I knew not what I had done.

Same here i was all about the other Josh during the draft bot i'm so glad the Bills have more competent people running the team than me or some of the other GM's that post here or the Bills would still be in a world of S**T as far as being relevant & the losing streak would still be intact over the 17 yrs it stood .

It's so hard to understand why this guy which was so talented in college just can't get it in the NFL . Sure it's a faster game but the basic concept is still the same to g from being one of the best to now being on his 5th team ?? Just baffles me ...

1 minute ago, T master said:

Same here i was all about the other Josh during the draft bot i'm so glad the Bills have more competent people running the team than me or some of the other GM's that post here or the Bills would still be in a world of S**T as far as being relevant & the losing streak would still be intact over the 17 yrs it stood .

It's so hard to understand why this guy which was so talented in college just can't get it in the NFL . Sure it's a faster game but the basic concept is still the same to g from being one of the best to now being on his 5th team ?? Just baffles me ...

7th...Cardinals, Dolphins, Bucs, 49ers, Falcons, Browns and now Vikings. Trying to break Fitzy's record...but at least Fitzy played and played well for some of those teams in games.

Edited by Big Turk

🎶There's a voice that keeps on calling me
Down the road, that's where I'll always be.
Every stop I make, I make a new friend,
Can't stay for long, just turn around I'm gone again🎵

🎶Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down,
Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Down this road that never seems to end,
Where new adventure lies just around the bend.
So if you want to join me for a while,
Just grab your hat, come travel light, that's hobo style.🎵

6 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I also wanted the Bills to draft Rosen. Shows what I know. Thankfully Beane does know what he is doing.

To be fair, just about every consensus pick of that draft was wrong.  Beane looks like a genius, but who would he have drafted if Allen had already been taken?

21 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

You have to have a minimum number of snaps and playing time and TD passes to qualify for the Fitzpatrick Award.  I don't care how many effing jerseys he has. 🤨

Does Sammy Watkins qualify? 5 teams now, started games for all of them.

Fitzy is at 8, stated for all 8

Rosen at 7, but he didn't start for all 7 (only played for 3)

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

Does Sammy Watkins qualify? 5 teams now, started games for all of them.

Fitzy is at 8, stated for all 8

Rosen at 7, but he didn't start for all 7 (only played for 3)

Sammy gets a nomination in the 'Fragile' Frankie Merman category.

As for only played for three?!  Donate those jerseys to the Hall of Ignominy, Benito Mussolini wing.

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I will never live down that I posted on this board how pissed I was the Bills didn't draft the "Other Josh" right after we picked Allen...please forgive me, I knew not what I had done.

The first step is admitting you have a problem....

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1

I recall that one of the concerns about Rosen was that he was independently wealthy.  I don't remember the source of the money but the point was he didn't need to make a bundle playing football, and that he was just as likely to walk away if things didn't go well, and so he might not put his full attention into the game.  

Maybe there's been a change on the bank account situation.  Why would a guy basically put his life on hold, to move around so much, not getting going with the rest of his life, if he didn't need the money?  Clearly he's not going to be a star in the league.

On his side of the ledger, he did get totally mishandled by his coaches and front offices.  Drafted by the Cardinals, and then immediately shoved to one side because Kingsbury wanted Kyler Murray.  Then traded away into a situation where he had no shot at starting.  On an on it went, with him never getting a real shot.  Contrast to Mahomes, who had the complete luxury of sitting his entire rookie year, watching a professional QB (Alex Smith) and learning how to do things in the NFL, and then sliding into the starter job in his second year, with the same coaches and strong roster around him.  

8 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

🎶There's a voice that keeps on calling me
Down the road, that's where I'll always be.
Every stop I make, I make a new friend,
Can't stay for long, just turn around I'm gone again🎵

🎶Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down,
Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Down this road that never seems to end,
Where new adventure lies just around the bend.
So if you want to join me for a while,
Just grab your hat, come travel light, that's hobo style.🎵

The Littlest Hobo was one of my favorite shows growing up. (I also loved the similarly-themed American show - Run, Joe, Run).

3 hours ago, Utah John said:

I recall that one of the concerns about Rosen was that he was independently wealthy.  I don't remember the source of the money but the point was he didn't need to make a bundle playing football, and that he was just as likely to walk away if things didn't go well, and so he might not put his full attention into the game.  

Maybe there's been a change on the bank account situation.  Why would a guy basically put his life on hold, to move around so much, not getting going with the rest of his life, if he didn't need the money?  Clearly he's not going to be a star in the league.

On his side of the ledger, he did get totally mishandled by his coaches and front offices.  Drafted by the Cardinals, and then immediately shoved to one side because Kingsbury wanted Kyler Murray.  Then traded away into a situation where he had no shot at starting.  On an on it went, with him never getting a real shot.  Contrast to Mahomes, who had the complete luxury of sitting his entire rookie year, watching a professional QB (Alex Smith) and learning how to do things in the NFL, and then sliding into the starter job in his second year, with the same coaches and strong roster around him.  

I don't know about independently wealthy, but his family is extremely wealthy.  He was always touted as the next great growing up. 

Nothing humble about his upbringing.  He isn't known to be the greatest teammate or very coachable. It all caught up with him in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Udubalum07 said:

I don't know about independently wealthy, but his family is extremely wealthy.  He was always touted as the next great growing up. 

Nothing humble about his upbringing.  He isn't known to be the greatest teammate or very coachable. It all caught up with him in the NFL.

Didn’t his old coach Mora also say he wouldn’t take him in the first round?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.