AFC Playoff Teams projections

TFBillsfan

16 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This season flew by so fast. Can’t believe there is only 4 reg season games left. I remember the opener against the Rams like it was yesterday. 

I remember when I was 9 years old.  A year seemed like an eternity.  Now a year seemingly passes by in a couple of weeks.  Time accelerates as you get older.  

At this rate, I'll be dead next Tuesday.

Tempus fugit, brother... Carpe diem!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BigPappy said:

KC has the easiest remaining schedule so unless someone REALLY surprises them, they will for sure finish their season 14-3. That Cincy game scares me for Buffalo, playing in Cincy. They are playing some really great well rounded football right now and if i am being honest and realistic, that game could go either way. If we lose that game, it will end up being us and KC in KC... AGAIN for the AFC Championship and I REALLY want that to be a home game for us. 

The hinge is the Cinci game.....Bills lose to Cinci...they are likely 3 seed and playoff scenario is play WC team at home then to go to SB its going to be AT Cinci...then AT KC. 

Win at Cinci in 3 weeks....Bye...WC at home...KC and Cinci play each other ...and Bills play winner at home in AFCCG

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

DVOA is a geek stat. They are not terrible on D the issue is they are out there to much. 

They are definitely terrible on defense ……3-10 with a defense ranked at the bottom and you’re tryna sell me on them being good based on the offense? I’ve watched Bears games for fantasy purposes…….that defense sucks!

57 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I could see the Jets pulling off the upset because of their defense. KC would score too much on the Fins and no way Tua as limited as he is wins a shootout with Mahomes

Have you watched KC’s defense this season? I could see Hill going off on them.

4 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

They are definitely terrible on defense ……3-10 with a defense ranked at the bottom and you’re tryna sell me on them being good based on the offense? I’ve watched Bears games for fantasy purposes…….that defense sucks!

Have you watched KC’s defense this season? I could see Hill going off on them.

He needs a QB to get him the ball. No way Tua wins a shootout against Mahomes.

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Right 7 teams.

KC #1

BUF #2

BALT #3

TEN #4

CIN #5

LAC #6

MIA #7

MIA @ BUF

LAC @ BALT

CIN @ TEN

LAC @ KC

CIN @ BUF

BUF @ KC

I still think holding serve and securing the #1 seed is essential but have a bad feeling we lose to the Bengals who in turn I think lose to the Ravens again. If it played put this way it would mean a third trip to Arrowhead in 3 post seasons.

KC is looking pretty vulnerable to me…if we end up with the 2 seed there’s no guarantee we’d even end up seeing them assuming we make it to the AFC championship which is definitely not a sure thing.

they are 1-5 against the bills and bengals the last two years and it took a huge effort from the refs and an absolutely horrific backup qb performance to sneak by the titans this year who they lost to last year. They should really be 1-7 against the bills bengals and titans the last two seasons with that one win decided by a coin flip essentially 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Bears game could be a trap game for the Bills. Their D isn’t terrible and they can be sneaky good at times on O. But if the Bills play like they can they shouldn’t have an issue but they could be caught looking ahead to the Bengals 

Their defense is absolutely terrible. Look at their last 6 games lol. Just because the Patriots could only muster 14 points doesn't mean they are good. 

Edited by Process
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

KC is looking pretty vulnerable to me…if we end up with the 2 seed there’s no guarantee we’d even end up seeing them assuming we make it to the AFC championship which is definitely not a sure thing.

they are 1-5 against the bills and bengals the last two years and it took a huge effort from the refs and an absolutely horrific backup qb performance to sneak by the titans this year who they lost to last year. They should really be 1-7 against the bills bengals and titans the last two seasons. 

In a world where they are the #1 seed hosting LAC then the road to the Superbowl goes through KC. Let's imagine for a minute my seedings hold but Baltimore beats the Chargers. 

Then I'd have BALT @ BUF and CIN @ KC and I might then get to a CIN @ BUF AFCCG. Cos I do think Cincy are in KC's head. Conversely KC are in the Chargers' heads. 

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Bears game could be a trap game for the Bills. Their D isn’t terrible and they can be sneaky good at times on O. But if the Bills play like they can they shouldn’t have an issue but they could be caught looking ahead to the Bengals 

No way the Bills lose to the Bears. None. That is a great matchup for Buffalo. 

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

In a world where they are the #1 seed hosting LAC then the road to the Superbowl goes through KC. Let's imagine for a minute my seedings hold but Baltimore beats the Chargers. 

Then I'd have BALT @ BUF and CIN @ KC and I might then get to a CIN @ BUF AFCCG. Cos I do think Cincy are in KC's head. Conversely KC are in the Chargers' heads. 

No way the Bills lose to the Bears. None. That is a great matchup for Buffalo. 

If the chargers get healthy they could beat anybody…not too sure what’s goin on with their injury situation though they could still be banged up for the playoffs.  They had KC dead to rights in that first matchup until Herbert threw that pick six in the end zone.  

Yea idk why the bears are getting talked up, people are still assuming we have the 2021 bills rush defense I guess when we have drastically improved.   

I keep hearing we’re a bad team in bad weather on all the sports talk shows when we are top 10 in rushing offense and top 5 in rushing defense lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

The team that scares me most is Cincy.  Strong defense and King Henry.  I think we can outscore KC, but King Henry is a bad man.  Go Bills 🏈🦬💥

I'm confused. Doesn't King Henry play for the Titans, a team that just got pummeled by the Jaguars?

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

they are 1-5 against the bills and bengals the last two years and it took a huge effort from the refs and an absolutely horrific backup qb performance to sneak by the titans this year who they lost to last year. They should really be 1-7 against the bills bengals and titans the last two seasons with that one win decided by a coin flip essentially 

Everybody said this in 2020 when they were 14-2 and barely beating teams down the stretch. Then they lose Mahomes in the divisional and also barely hang on against the Browns and all the experts picked the Bills in the AFCCG. We all know how that story ended in a game where the Bills were annihilated despite going up 10-0 early the game was essentially over by halftime.

Deep down I know a lot of Bills fans know that Mahomes will always haunt this franchise and will never admit it because of Allen still being a great QB himself. But at the end of the day still think the Chiefs look like a team just going through the motions until the playoffs when they will turn it on and cruise to another SB victory sadly and why it won't matter even if the Bills can get the #1 seed because they simply don't have that ability and Allen isn't Mahomes.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

I remember when I was 9 years old.  A year seemed like an eternity.  Now a year seemingly passes by in a couple of weeks.  Time accelerates as you get older.  

At this rate, I'll be dead next Tuesday.

Tempus fugit, brother... Carpe diem!

Remember summers in elementary school?  Felt like they’d never end.  Now if something is 3 months away I feel like I’m behind on prepping.

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

Everybody said this in 2020 when they were 14-2 and barely beating teams down the stretch. Then they lose Mahomes in the divisional and also barely hang on against the Browns and all the experts picked the Bills in the AFCCG. We all know how that story ended in a game where the Bills were annihilated despite going up 10-0 early the game was essentially over by halftime.

Deep down I know a lot of Bills fans know that Mahomes will always haunt this franchise and will never admit it because of Allen still being a great QB himself. But at the end of the day still think the Chiefs look like a team just going through the motions until the playoffs when they will turn it on and cruise to another SB victory sadly and why it won't matter even if the Bills can get the #1 seed because they simply don't have that ability and Allen isn't Mahomes.

I don't really understand perverted psychologies, folks into kink, etc. Why someone would devote serious time to come to the message board of a team he or she or they dislikes in order to repeatedly troll them is beyond me, but it's certainly unsavory and a tired schtick.

12 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

@Simonwhy is he here? Seriously? Like at what point do we ban children who are clearly here to to spam and cry for attention?

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I don't really understand perverted psychologies, folks into kink, etc. Why someone would devote serious time to come to the message board of a team he or she or they dislikes in order to repeatedly troll them is beyond me, but it's certainly unsavory and a tired schtick.

There’s trolling and then there’s the self flagellation of being too unable to handle losing and emotionally hedging so that you can at least say “See?  I was right.”  I don’t think we have many actual trolls here but a ton of the latter.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.