If the offense keeps struggling does Dorsey get fired ?

BuffaloBills1998

First off the Jets always play us brutally tough. Two seasons ago when the Bills were running defenses off the field, the Jets held us to 6 field goals in the redzone.

The Jets are the best defense in the NFL. I don't care what the STATS say. Anyone who watches football can see the Jets are playing on another level defensively. 

The Vikings game Allen was playing with half an arm. That carried over to the Browns game which was moved last second during a snow storm with no practice. The Lions as we are seeing are a legit team, and that was on a short week where Allen was still hurt. 

Takes us to New England where the Bills soundly beat them and played Conservative football offensively. 

This week was played in a sloppy icy game against the top defense. 

Bills need a serious upgrade at slot receiver and possibly another outside WR to push Davis. 

Improvement at interior oline and more consistency at Right Tackle would help as well.

The play calling has been the least of our concerns. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

For real. How many games has McKenzie tried to give away?

He did successfully give away the first phin game.

Gabe needs to run a more diverse route tree, and make contested catches.

Diggs can't be all we "really" have at WR. Upgrade the WR room and I think we're just fine. Even in Josh's bad games this year there are amazing throws that hit the hands, and then the stat sheet as a drop or a PBU because the WRs are soft.

As for this year... Odell where you at?

Odell ain’t playing this season or the playoffs. That’s why Dallas didn’t sign him. 

A lot of our problems this year have been player's execution and not coaching. How many drops did we have yesterday ? Holding penalties ? False starts (inexcusable at home) ? 

Player mistakes either flat out killed drives or put us behind the sticks in a poor weather game. The mistakes have been a theme all year. So has poor O-line play in general. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BBills_88 said:

Josh Allen needs to take accountability as well, he is not taking what the defenses are giving him, also I am seeing plenty of under thrown & inaccurate placement of the ball.  This year Josh has been placing the ball behind receivers when he should be leading them.  

I believe they will get this fixed, I predict another flawless playoff performance by JA 17.

His ball placement has never been great but it's been especially bad lately. Even on a lot of balls that are being completed, receivers are having to make big adjustments. Leaves them no chance to get yac.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Odell ain’t playing this season or the playoffs. That’s why Dallas didn’t sign him. 

Yeah, well... That's just like, your opinion, man

I think Odell could play in a few weeks based on what he's said, but doesn't want to play until the playoffs. I think the cowboys didn't sign him because Jerry's ego couldn't handle being dictated to that Odell wouldn't workout and wants the deal he wants.

Obviously nobody knows for sure (maybe not even OBJ himself), but if he wasn't going to play this year, he'd just wait for the off-season when he can become the highest paid WR in the game for some needy team.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Dorsey was hand picked by Josh, he’s not going anywhere. What he needs to do is develop a more consistent gameplan that attacks a defenses weaknesses instead of resorting to the “make it happen Josh” offense we tend to see a lot of.  He finally did this with NE and I thought maybe he turned the corner. Then we come back to to Jets and he reverted back to the vanilla offense. Limited motion, abandoning the run, not attacking the middle of the field (Jet’s weakness). 

I’m Joe Average Couch Fan. I was probably close to around 50% at predicting the exact offensive play call just by looking at the formation and knowing their tendencies. If I can do that and I don’t know jack, then the defenses have got to be clued in big time to what is coming. That doesn’t mean the D will stop every play since we do have a talented roster, but go ask Tom Brady how much easier it is to execute when you know what the opposing team is doing. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Might be a terrible take to some, but this is starting to remind me of the raiders back in 17 when Carr got Musgrave booted out of a job because he wanted his friend Downing to be his OC and after that happened their offense started out strong but after the Washington game they completely collapsed. I’m starting to see a similar pattern here with Dorsey and Josh. It started out great and now it’s come to somewhat of a stop. Even though Allen and company are still making things work to a degree. I do wonder though if the offense continues to struggle, is there a possibility that Dorsey gets fired or demoted??

We have the 3rd best scoring offense, thinking Dorsey should be fired is foolish. Our passing game is averaging almost 1.0 yard more per catch than last season, our running game 0.2 yards better than last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BBills_88 said:

Josh Allen needs to take accountability as well, he is not taking what the defenses are giving him, also I am seeing plenty of under thrown & inaccurate placement of the ball.  This year Josh has been placing the ball behind receivers when he should be leading them.  

I believe they will get this fixed, I predict another flawless playoff performance by JA 17.

I think if anybody has taken accountability more than he should this season is definitely Allen. He’s taken responsibility for things he has no control over. 

• Like (+1) 1

Dorsey as a rookie OC certainly needs some refinement, his play calling is a bit stale, he does the; “square peg must go into the round hole”  at times, imo he still hasn’t wrapped his head around the running game, or scheming WRs open and that makes it harder on Josh and our O-line, but he will get better imo, he is a rookies after all.

GO BILLS!!!

41 minutes ago, HaldimandBills said:

First off the Jets always play us brutally tough. Two seasons ago when the Bills were running defenses off the field, the Jets held us to 6 field goals in the redzone.

The Jets are the best defense in the NFL. I don't care what the STATS say. Anyone who watches football can see the Jets are playing on another level defensively. 

The Vikings game Allen was playing with half an arm. That carried over to the Browns game which was moved last second during a snow storm with no practice. The Lions as we are seeing are a legit team, and that was on a short week where Allen was still hurt. 

Takes us to New England where the Bills soundly beat them and played Conservative football offensively. 

This week was played in a sloppy icy game against the top defense. 

Bills need a serious upgrade at slot receiver and possibly another outside WR to push Davis. 

Improvement at interior oline and more consistency at Right Tackle would help as well.

The play calling has been the least of our concerns. 

Stop making sense …. You almost go a warning for it ….. it’s simply not allowed :D 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

So, do you think it's a matter of a bad offensive design or simply lack of execution (drops, poor blocking, etc)?

Considering how they played all the way up until the bye week, does it make sense to say there's something wrong with the offensive style or philosophy?

It's both. 

I had issues with things before the bye week but we were rolling and chalked it up to rookie OC learning on job, thought it would get better. He doesn't really make things easy for his players. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.