SNF: Miami at LAC 8:20 NBC

YoloinOhio

Just watched this relive.

Chargers made two attempts to charger the game (fumble in RZ and onside kick) but luckily they failed both times.

Tua was atrocious. I am sure that many have mentioned it in this thread but I hope McDermott and Frazier were watching and made some notes how to defend Dolphins.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, DapperCam said:

They put up 14 points, but one score was a total fluke.

Ya I had a mental lapse there. Scored off their own fumble

51 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Just watched this relive.

Chargers made two attempts to charger the game (fumble in RZ and onside kick) but luckily they failed both times.

Tua was atrocious. I am sure that many have mentioned it in this thread but I hope McDermott and Frazier were watching and made some notes how to defend Dolphins.

2nd week in a row he looked BAD. With our shored up run D I think we'll make it 3 in a row. Can't wait 

7 hours ago, Beck Water said:

These are the same people who wear fleece and pile on the beach when it's like 70 degrees in December

Sound like me, and I live in Central Europe in similar weather conditions to Buffalo.

Not cool to make fun of us who like warm!

:)

Edited by No_Matter_What

4 hours ago, Gambit said:

I feel like Hurts has proven he's more than just a RB this year. It has to be between him and Mahomes at this point. I love Allen but he hasn't been MVP caliber for over a month now. Sure, it doesn't help when he's throwing to players who can't catch to save their life.

Hurts is a gimmick like Tua and will be figured out soon. If not for play-action slants, Hurts is not a real QB. If they played an actual good team and needed to pass down the field to stay in the game and did not have the threat of the run then he would be exposed. Check the Eagles schedule this year. It's wild how easy it was. They will run into some good teams at some point and be down and need a QB and figure out they don't have one

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

Obviously, I am glad the Dolphins lost but that roughing the passer call on them in the 3rd quarter was a terrible call. It was a good tackle/sack. If that was called on the Bills, we would all be screaming bloody murder.

It was followed up with an equally pathetic block in the back so it sort of evened out. Also, Miami got away with a blatant hold in the secondary after that 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Hurts is a gimmick like Tua and will be figured out soon. If not for play-action slants, Hurts is not a real QB. If they played an actual good team and needed to pass down the field to stay in the game and did not have the threat of the run then he would be exposed. Check the Eagles schedule this year. It's wild how easy it was. They will run into some good teams at some point and be down and need a QB and figure out they don't have one

Hurts seems very effective when throwing deep to  A J Brown, just saying....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

The Eagles’ offense is wildly talented across the board, from o-line to skill players. They are for real.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Obviously, I am glad the Dolphins lost but that roughing the passer call on them in the 3rd quarter was a terrible call. It was a good tackle/sack. If that was called on the Bills, we would all be screaming bloody murder.

Agreed...  One of many bad calls this year.  That had a real impact on the game flow too.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Problem is the NFC is horrible. They might make the Super Bowl by default. I think only Dallas could stop them.

As other have said tho, that team has a ton of talent 

Edited by Captain Hindsight
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Bizarre call. The refs made an atrocious error on that. I'm so glad that wasnt on us.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

It was followed up with an equally pathetic block in the back so it sort of evened out. Also, Miami got away with a blatant hold in the secondary after that 

Not to mention a couple rather obvious Offside that weren’t called. Crew was pretty bad last night but both teams had to deal with it. 

9 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Shining Jack Nicholson GIF

The fish coming into snowy WNY this weekend is going to be EPIC. Wouldn't it be grand if their bench heaters miraculously fail.....pobrecitos. 😏

I have had the rematch in Orchard Park circled on my calendar ever since the  heat stroked debacle earlier this season. Last nights game was a perfect lead in. Now let squish em and Win the AFC East Title.

SQUISH THE FISH!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

The Eagles’ offense is wildly talented across the board, from o-line to skill players. They are for real.

I posted the same about Miami and had similar responses last week. I doubt I will have any pushback this week. Eagles will be exposed as well. Similar passing concepts, similar limited arm talent QB

6 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I posted the same about Miami and had similar responses last week. I doubt I will have any pushback this week. Eagles will be exposed as well. Similar passing concepts, similar limited arm talent QB

Read Peter King’s column today in which he discusses how utterly dominant their offensive line has been according to analytics. The only other o-line that’s close in quality is SF’s. Not surprisingly, they are the two best teams in the NFC, although Dallas is a close third.

19 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Read Peter King’s column today in which he discusses how utterly dominant their offensive line has been according to analytics. The only other o-line that’s close in quality is SF’s. Not surprisingly, they are the two best teams in the NFC, although Dallas is a close third.

I was more specifically referencing the passing offense being a 1-trick pony that relies on them being up in games and having the threat of the running game. You can't play action down the field if you are down 2 scores in the 4th quarter. They haven't been in that situation this year for them to be exposed like that but it's coming.

True story: Hurts was so bad at passing in college that he was benched for Tua and had to switch schools. Tua was so bad at passing that Ryan Fitzpatrick had to come in late in games on obvious passing downs. But now these guys are great QB's? Mmmmkay.

OR maybe they just have good offensive minded coaches who have decided to limit what they are asked to do to emphasize what they are good at, namely quick 1 read play-action passes where their lack of arm strength won't be an issue.

Edited by KDIGGZ

21 hours ago, Gambit said:

I feel like Hurts has proven he's more than just a RB this year. It has to be between him and Mahomes at this point. I love Allen but he hasn't been MVP caliber for over a month now. Sure, it doesn't help when he's throwing to players who can't catch to save their life.

Not to mention he's had a bum elbow for 4 weeks. He looks to be improving somewhat in regards to the elbow.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.