I thought 10-3 would feel better...

Inigo Montoya

i personally don't remember the bills turning it on until after the second pats game late in december.  this may just be my spin, but they seemed pretty unstoppable after that until the 13 seconds.  this team is winning and still has a lot of room to improve.  i'm not even close to being nervous at this point.

just get past phase 1 which is getting into the playoffs and getting the one seed.  i'll worry about who and when in the playoffs after that.

• Like (+1) 2

I been thinking since last night, and I guess 10-3 should feel better than it does.   But that’s not really got anything to so with the team or how they’re winning. Its more due to this board and the continual stream of negative opinions. 

After the win, I came here excited.  I was anxious to read all the great takes on how awesome it was to beat the Jets. We’re 10-3 and taking care of the division 1 by 1.  It was a good day!  A bit nervous at times, sure. But we won and may have knocked the Jets starting QB out for a week or two. 

And, yet again, after another good win... there was already 6 pages of posts talking about how bad the game was, we looked terrible, this player or that sucks, and so forth. Within an hour after the good, divisional win; I was also just thinking of all the mistakes and how we barely won.  Why?  Because of all the negative, hyper critical, internet coaches who demand perfection and everything less is ..the worst. 

So, my advice, take a break from this place for a few days.   Think about how we just kicked the Jets ass.  Let that sink in.  Then, start to feel the hype for stomping the Fins.   We’re 10-3, on top the conference, and are in perfect position to control the division again!  One more week, one more win, get it done!   The score doesn’t matter. There are no style points. Just beat the fish on Saturday and keep the stranglehold on the division!   

It was a great, hard fought win yesterday, we’re 10-3, the #1 seed, and have another tough game coming up.  Let that sink in.    This has been an awesome season!  We deserve this team and they deserve our support for playing so well through all they have. 

From all the injuries, missing key players each week, lost Hyde, Crowder, new punter a week before the season, Josh’s elbow, Poyer driving cross country to play, new OC, sick players, lost practices, tough schedule, through it all.... we’re 10-3.  Let it all sink in and don’t let the demand for perfection take over.   

Go Bills!    

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Dan said:

I been thinking since last night, and I guess 10-3 should feel better than it does.   But that’s not really got anything to so with the team or how they’re winning. Its more due to this board and the continual stream of negative opinions. 

After the win, I came here excited.  I was anxious to read all the great takes on how awesome it was to beat the Jets. We’re 10-3 and taking care of the division 1 by 1.  It was a good day!  A bit nervous at times, sure. But we won and may have knocked the Jets starting QB out for a week or two. 

And, yet again, after another good win... there was already 6 pages of posts talking about how bad the game was, we looked terrible, this player or that sucks, and so forth. Within an hour after the good, divisional win; I was also just thinking of all the mistakes and how we barely won.  Why?  Because of all the negative, hyper critical, internet coaches who demand perfection and everything less is ..the worst. 

So, my advice, take a break from this place for a few days.   Think about how we just kicked the Jets ass.  Let that sink in.  Then, start to feel the hype for stomping the Fins.   We’re 10-3, on top the conference, and are in perfect position to control the division again!  One more week, one more win, get it done!   The score doesn’t matter. There are no style points. Just beat the fish on Saturday and keep the stranglehold on the division!   

It was a great, hard fought win yesterday, we’re 10-3, the #1 seed, and have another tough game coming up.  Let that sink in.    This has been an awesome season!  We deserve this team and they deserve our support for playing so well through all they have. 

From all the injuries, missing key players each week, lost Hyde, Crowder, new punter a week before the season, Josh’s elbow, Poyer driving cross country to play, new OC, sick players, lost practices, tough schedule, through it all.... we’re 10-3.  Let it all sink in and don’t let the demand for perfection take over.   

Go Bills!    

Much of the negativity also comes from people sitting down in a warm room watching it on tv. The real fans are at the games, suffering 😂 

(joke)

5 minutes ago, teef said:

i personally don't remember the bills turning it on until after the second pats game late in december.  this may just be my spin, but they seemed pretty unstoppable after that until the 13 seconds.  this team is winning and still has a lot of room to improve.  i'm not even close to being nervous at this point.

just get past phase 1 which is getting into the playoffs and getting the one seed.  i'll worry about who and when in the playoffs after that.

We agree on something.  Neither am I.  

Upset at how they're playing and especially on offense no where close to their potential.  

Doesn't mean that on a fan site I can't share my concerns.

2 minutes ago, LondonBill said:

Much of the negativity also comes from people sitting down in a warm room watching it on tv. The real fans are at the games, suffering 😂 

(joke)

LOL. Exactly.  

I think the negativity comes from a life time of the Bills letting them down, mixed with a twisted logic that pointing out faults makes them more astute to the imminent final loss, that 31 teams have every year.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Dan said:

Go Bills!    

I agree here.  This board used to be difficult to navigate after a loss.  Now, it's difficult to navigate after a win!  Scapegoating players, asking if coaches should be fired, etc etc

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Upset at how they're playing and especially on offense no where close to their potential.  

I think it's one thing to share concerns, another to scapegoat or trash players/coaches etc. - he sucks, who played worse A on offense or B on defense, will the OC be fired. (Not intended to finger point you in particular as doing this)

We used to see all that stuff ad infinitum after a loss, now we see it after a win.  It's very bizarre.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The thing to remember is that this team didn't click on offense last year between the bye week and the playoffs. Never mind the losses, how did they look in those wins against Carolina and Atlanta at home? At this point last year, we were coming home as a 7-6 team to play Carolina after losing in OT to Tom Brady and the Bucs. Everybody remembers the Bills offense in the playoffs as the 2021-2022 Bills offense, but that was a long time coming last year.

1 minute ago, Aesop said:

I guess I'm in the minority. 10-3 feels pretty good to me, especially given the schedule this year.

You are not in the minority but are a part of the silent majority.  I feel great that the Bills are 10 - 3, two games up in their division and the first seed in the AFC with only 4 games to go.

They are 10 - 3 in spite of suffering a lot of bad injuries and playing a very tough schedule. If you go back and actually look through the 6 seasons that the Bills were a SB contending team you would see that they played a lot of games just like the last two games. Even though their offense was loaded with HOF players the Bills often struggled offensively late in the season, particularly in bad weather at home

From Sal Maiorana's book Relentless:

1988:  Bills 9 Jets 6.  Game 12 in Rich stadium - Didn't score a TD against a Jet's team with a losing record.

Tampa Bay 10 Bills 5.  Game 14

1989:  Seahawks 17 Bills 16.  Game 13

Saints 22 Bills 19.  Game 14 at Rich stadium in bad weather

49's 21 Bills 10.  Game 15

1991:  Bills 24 Jets 13.  Game 13 in Rich stadium.  Bills only led 17 - 13 in the 4th quarter.

1992:  Colts 16 Bills 13. Game12

Jets 24 Bills 17.  Game 13 in Rich stadium.

1993:  Bills 10 Eagles 7. Game 13

Bills 16 Jets 14.  Game 15 at Rich stadium.

So back to back late season wins against good division opponents by 24 - 10 & 20 12 look pretty good to me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

You are not in the minority but are a part of the silent majority.  I feel great that the Bills are 10 - 3, two games up in their division and the first seed in the AFC with only 4 games to go.

They are 10 - 3 in spite of suffering a lot of bad injuries and playing a very tough schedule. If you go back and actually look through the 6 seasons that the Bills were a SB contending team you would see that they played a lot of games just like the last two games. Even though their offense was loaded with HOF players the Bills often struggled offensively late in the season, particularly in bad weather at home

1988:  Bills 9 Jets 6.  Game 12 in Rich stadium - Didn't score a TD against a Jet's team with a losing record.

1991:  Bills 24 Jets 13.  Game 13 in Rich stadium.  Bills only led 17 - 13 in the 4th quarter.

So back to back late season wins against good division opponents by 24 - 10 & 20 12 look pretty good to me.

And that isn't even counting some of the playoff wins, like against the Broncos (at HOME) in the AFC Championship when our offense scored ZERO touchdowns and it took a pick-six by Carlton Bailey to eke out a 10-7 victory.

That John Fourcade game against the Saints.... can you imagine if this board was around then?  Or when we lost to Todd Marinovich?

Edited by BRH
  • Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

It's called high expectations. 

Those three terrible losses were by a combines 8 points.  This team is really good and has not peaked yet. 

the bolded is KEY. I agree with you Bob.  The peaking coming now and especially going into the playoff run will be Crucial to our success. Mix in less injuries and the emergence of Greg Rousseau as an elite defensive linemen to pick up any slack from not having Von Miller is IMO crucial.  And the DL in general adapting to he not being available. Shaq Lawson played a heck of a game last Sunday. 

GO BILLS

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Actually it is a Vocal group.

Anything questioning the Bills (not negative, just concerns) are screamed down over and over.

Look at this thread.  It wasn't negative, it was a posters opinion that something seems off and hoping that is not the case.

This team was stacked and at 6-1 looked ready to go on a run.  Hasn't happened, but they've perservered.  

10-3 is fine.  17-3 will be much better.....😝

41 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

enough of this already.  no one is saying you can't.  there's nothing wrong with your opinion, but the moment you try to back it up, ***** goes sideways.  

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Anything questioning the Bills (not negative, just concerns) are screamed down over and over.

Look at this thread.  It wasn't negative, it was a posters opinion that something seems off and hoping that is not the case.

This team was stacked and at 6-1 looked ready to go on a run.  Hasn't happened, but they've perservered.  

again with this.  there's nothing true about this comment.  you play victim because your posts aren't reasonable.

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

enough of this already.  no one is saying you can't.  there's nothing wrong with your opinion, but the moment you try to back it up, ***** goes sideways.  

again with this.  there's nothing true about this comment.  you play victim because your posts aren't reasonable.

Whatever......😡

16 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

There is actually very little screaming down. There is often people putting the alternative argument to you (normally with supporting facts) and you taking that as opposition to any criticism. 

• Thank you (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There is actually very little screaming down. There is often people putting the alternative argument to you (normally with supporting facts) and you taking that as opposition to any criticism. 

Sure.....  Like my thread on Bills not making the 1 on 1 catches, which had many arguing and now is quiet after yesterday's perfomance.

Or the fact I mentioned Denver in this thread and people apoplectic.  Is Denver one of the best defenses in the league or not?  Have they lost 8 score games?  They too were at home.

Of course in that post I mentioned Philly and SF too, but no one argued that.  Yes we can all agree too that Dallas had a tough time vs. Houston.

Again go through my posts & threads & I'm not off on many.  And heck I seldom single any Bills' players out and yes have fun with McD, who I think is a good coach, just still not convinced he is a great one.  

20 minutes ago, teef said:

He praised KC for closing the game out against the Broncos.  If the Bills played like the Chiefs did against the Broncos, he would be ripping this team.  Absolutely ripping this team.  "How can you let a last place team get back into the game when up 27-0????"

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If the Bills were up 27-0 and let a last place team back into the game, how would you react?  Would you say "the Bills took care of business?"

Again, KC certainly let them back in (remember Bills were up 27-10 vs. Minny midway through the third?).  

But what did KC do at the end of the game? They stopped Denver and then when needed ran out the clock and got first downs at the end. 

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He praised KC for closing the game out against the Broncos.  If the Bills played like the Chiefs did against the Broncos, he would be ripping this team.  Absolutely ripping this team.  "How can you let a last place team get back into the game when up 27-0????"

Talk about twisting the facts........  Wilson played well and is a very good qb.  I may even go as far as to say KC got lucky he was concussed.😉

Royale with Cheese, can you acknowledge that Denver is a very good defense?  Can you also agree they've been snake bit losing 8 one score games (no back door covers😝)?

Edited by Billsfan1972

Sporting news playoff situation after Bills 13th game in 2021.

7. Buffalo Bills (7-6), second place, AFC East. The Bills finally showed some fight again in rallying to push the Buccaneers to overtime in Tampa , but they still couldn't rebound in Week 14, losing again after falling in another close game to the Patriots to close Week 13 on Monday night. They cling to the last playoff spot over the same-record Browns, Bengals and Broncos. Remaining schedule: vs. CAR, at NE, vs. ATL, NYJ.

Would I like them to be blowing teams out .. 100%, will I take the dub .. 100%.

I like their current position!

11 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sure.....  Like my thread on Bills not making the 1 on 1 catches, which had many arguing and now is quiet after yesterday's perfomance.

Or the fact I mentioned Denver in this thread and people apoplectic.  Is Denver one of the best defenses in the league or not?  Have they lost 8 score games?  They too were at home.

Of course in that post I mentioned Philly and SF too, but no one argued that.  Yes we can all agree too that Dallas had a tough time vs. Houston.

Again go through my posts & threads & I'm not off on many.  And heck I seldom single any Bills' players out and yes have fun with McD, who I think is a good coach, just still not convinced he is a great one.  

Show me the people who are apoplectic. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, CorkScrewHill said:

Sporting news playoff situation after Bills 13th game in 2021.

7. Buffalo Bills (7-6), second place, AFC East. The Bills finally showed some fight again in rallying to push the Buccaneers to overtime in Tampa , but they still couldn't rebound in Week 14, losing again after falling in another close game to the Patriots to close Week 13 on Monday night. They cling to the last playoff spot over the same-record Browns, Bengals and Broncos. Remaining schedule: vs. CAR, at NE, vs. ATL, NYJ.

Would I like them to be blowing teams out .. 100%, will I take the dub .. 100%.

I like their current position!

Exactly. People forget this and choose to remember the 2021 season like it was all like that win over the Pats in the WC game.

Definitely not exactly killing it lately but man, how much have expectations changed? We used to pray for being listen in the hunt at like 6-7. Now we aren’t happy with 10-3 and a number 1 set. You do what you need to do to make the dance. So many ebbs and flows in a season. Enjoy the ride and be happy we have a Chance to play for a SB with a top qb and a good defense. We have plenty of time to complain if they lose in the off-season. 🤗

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again, KC certainly let them back in (remember Bills were up 27-10 vs. Minny midway through the third?).  

But what did KC do at the end of the game? They stopped Denver and then when needed ran out the clock and got first downs at the end. 

Talk about twisting the facts........  Wilson played well and is a very good qb.

Again, answer the question.  What would have your reaction have been if the Bills allowed the Broncos to come back in the game after being up by 27?  Quit skirting the question.

Russ Wilson is a very good QB?  Did you just say Russ Wilson, who is probably the worst starting QB in the league right now...did you really just say he's a very good QB?  Wilson is a very good QB when they are averaging 14 points per game on offense.  I cannot believe you are saying this....actually I do.

Show me where I'm twisting facts.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Show me the people who are apoplectic. 

He's right you know.  Russ Wilson has been a really good QB this year.  That's factual and cannot be debated.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Again, answer the question.  What would have your reaction have been if the Bills allowed the Broncos to come back in the game after being up by 27?  Quit skirting the question.

Russ Wilson is a very good QB?  Did you just say Russ Wilson, who is probably the worst starting QB in the league right now...did you really just say he's a very good QB?  Wilson is a very good QB when they are averaging 14 points per game on offense.  I cannot believe you are saying this....actually I do.

He used to be. I honestly don't know what is going on with the Broncos? Wilson is getting older, but his skills shouldn't have declined this much in one year.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Used to be but he's god awful now.  The Broncos offense is historically bad.  14 ppg!

Reminds me of Peyton during his last year. They did win the Super Bowl but that was all Denver's defense. Peyton was a shell of his former self. It was painful to watch him play that year.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

He used to be. I honestly don't know what is going on with the Broncos? Wilson is getting older, but his skills shouldn't have declined this much in one year.

It's not a skill drop-off because he is not failing physically. He is not reading plays well and making mental errors that lead to laughable incompletions and INTs. Somebody posted a video on Youtube before the season noting that Wilson might struggle in DEN because he had only been successful running one offense. The Seahawks would bring in new OCs and they would eventually have to revert to running that same offense that depended on half-field reads and Wilson scrambling to make plays. Russ wanted to prove that he could run a modern NFL offense and so far has failed miserably in Denver because he can't run through his progressions and process the game.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Used to be but he's god awful now.  The Broncos offense is historically bad.  14 ppg!

He's been horrible this year, but over his career has not been.  Is it declining skills or games plans & the OC?  I don't watch them every week, but know they have been terrible in the red zone.

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Show me where I'm twisting facts.

He's right you know.  Russ Wilson has been a really good QB this year.  That's factual and cannot be debated.

Answer the question.  Yes I would have been pissed as I was about Minny (a worse screw up and a loss).  

This was not about Denver.  I made a comment in a post about teams taking care of business and yes in the end KC did on the road against a division rival who had a great comeback but fell short.

Other teams I mentioned were Philly & SF.  Dallas struggled, I will give you that.  Baltimore won with their third stringer and Cincy avenged their loss to Cleveland.  

Those are the teams the Bills may need to beat to win the SB.

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Seattle's offense has got better this year without him. I actually think Russell might have been carried for longer than we all originally thought.  He has been atrocious this year. There is no argument that he has been anything other than the worst unbenched starter in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Seattle's offense has got better this year without him. I actually think Russell might have been carried for longer than we all originally thought.  He has been atrocious this year. There is no argument that he has been anything other than the worst unbenched starter in the league. 

Again did he play well yesterday?  Is he really that bad a QB and only KC's defense is to blame for him playing well?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.