I thought 10-3 would feel better...

Inigo Montoya

After beating the Jets today the Bills are 10-3 and in the lead in the AFCE and sitting as the #1 seed in the AFC.  If you had taken a poll here at the start of the season and asked if we would take those stats heading into week 15 of the season, I think it would be 80/20 in favor of it.

Recognizing the Bills are sitting in a very good position right now, why does it feel like this has been a really rough season?

Maybe it's the constant parade of injuries?  The bad loses to the Phins, Jets, and Vikings?  Maybe the fact that we haven't seen the Bills' offense find that gear that they ended the season in last season?  Or maybe it's because the Bills have left themselves no room for error going forward if they want to win the division and the #1 seed?

I'm not complaining about where the BIlls are sitting at right now, I just imagined 10-3 would feel a whole lot better than it does. 

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 13
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Starter injuries and more close games than we have been used to. 2 bad losses to MIA and MIN.

All in all this team has impressive mental toughness where other teams would have buckled.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

• Inigo Montoya changed the title to I thought 10-3 would feel better...
6 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

After beating the Jets today the Bills are 10-3 and in the lead in the AFCE and sitting as the #1 seed in the AFC.  If you had taken a poll here at the start of the season and asked if we would take those stats heading into week 15 of the season, I think it would be 80/20 in favor of it.

Recognizing the Bills are sitting in a very good position right now, why does it feel like this has been a really rough season?

Maybe it's the constant parade of injuries?  The bad loses to the Phins, Jets, and Phins?  Maybe the fact that we haven't seen the Bills' offense find that gear that they ended the season in last season?  Or maybe it's because the Bills have left themselves no room for error going forward if they want to win the division and the #1 seed?

I'm not complaining about where the BIlls are sitting at right now, I just imagined 10-3 would feel a whole lot better than it does. 

Along with beating the division leaders of the AFC and one of the wild card teams, we've also played all those teams along with another AFC Wild card team and a Division leader in the NFC. Our schedule this year is ***** tough.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Just now, Einstein said:

Same.

Glad we are 10-3 but the way we are winning does not feel satisfying at all.

Dropping passes, missing tackles, numerous holding penalties… just not what you want to see as we get closer to the playoffs.

Look at it this way- if not for those mistakes they might be 13-0

• Agree 5

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Part of me still feels like this team is fools gold…hopefully I’m wrong…

I feel the same in a way, but it reminds me of last year a bit.

Bills were struggling in early December and then turned it up a notch the last 3 weeks and into the post season.

Funny we think the bills are “struggling” at 10-3, but it does seem that way. especially on some aspects of offence and situational 3rd down defence

After today’s win I wasn’t super excited TBH. The Bills feel like a very flawed team. With Von and Hyde out, it’ll be on the offense to lead us to the Lombardi trophy, but they haven’t looked great in 6 weeks. As long as they continue to score one more point than the other team week after week, we’ll win it all, but their current play doesn’t instill confidence and I feel like I’m just waiting for the inevitable disappointment. But hey, win or lose, I’m here for it! 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Why did you use the jinx of saying losses to phins twice?  Now I gotta unjinx them. 

Abracadabra. Chupacabra.  Retatta. 

LOL!  You fixed it!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.