NY Jets at Buffalo Bills, Sunday Dec 11 at 1 pm

Beck Water

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

I hate Miami just as much as anyone else but How is Miami middle of the pack?.. Lol.

By W-L record you are correct.  By performance against better teams you are not.

Miami is not "obviously" better than the Titans, Ravens, Jets, Pats***, Chargers, Vikings, Packers, Giants, Commanders, Seahawks, or Bucs -- in addition to the six teams you listed.  That means they are in a "glut" of teams in the range from 7-18, which to me is "middle of the pack."

But to each his own.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, eball said:

By W-L record you are correct.  By performance against better teams you are not.

Miami is not "obviously" better than the Titans, Ravens, Jets, Pats***, Chargers, Vikings, Packers, Giants, Commanders, Seahawks, or Bucs -- in addition to the six teams you listed.  That means they are in a "glut" of teams in the range from 7-18, which to me is "middle of the pack."

But to each his own.

I would say Miami is quite better than all those teams minus the Ravens, Titans and maybe the Vikings

I still think they are better than all those teams you listed , but to link them in with the packers and some of those other teams you mentioned is a stretch IMHO

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I know it’s not really a big deal but are we ever going to wear red or AFL throwback this year? We are kind of running out of time here

White throwbacks vs Miami on Saturday night would be sweet. It's the only Bills home game left (per the Uniform Gridiron Database site) where neither team has posted anything. The Jets have already posted white jerseys with the pants as "TBA". The Patriots also posted white jerseys at Buffalo with the pants "TBA". The Bills are wearing either blue or red (BARF) for those games.

18 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

If they actually had a QB, this would not be so far-fetched.

How many times did we play that game during the drought?  "If you compare all our guys to all their guys, EXCEPT THE QUARTERBACK, we should win easily."

35 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I would say Miami is quite better than all those teams minus the Ravens, Titans and maybe the Vikings

I still think they are better than all those teams you listed , but to link them in with the packers and some of those other teams you mentioned is a stretch IMHO

We can agree to disagree, it's all good.  I think the Chargers will beat them this week, we'll beat them next week, and they'll suddenly be 8-6 with games against the Jets and Pats*** still to come.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Greg S said:

White throwbacks vs Miami on Saturday night would be sweet. It's the only Bills home game left (per the Uniform Gridiron Database site) where neither team has posted anything. The Jets have already posted white jerseys with the pants as "TBA". The Patriots also posted white jerseys at Buffalo with the pants "TBA". The Bills are wearing either blue or red (BARF) for those games.

I’m not a big uniform guy but I’d love to see the Bills wear the 1960s style HOME uniforms once in a while, complete with helmets, jerseys/pants and socks. I love that old Jack Kemp look.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

We can agree to disagree, it's all good.  I think the Chargers will beat them this week, we'll beat them next week, and they'll suddenly be 8-6 with games against the Jets and Pats*** still to come.

I think there's a very good chance they finish 9-8.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not a big uniform guy but I’d love to see the Bills wear the 1960s style HOME uniforms once in a while, complete with helmets, jerseys/pants and socks. I love that old Jack Kemp look.

The blue throwbacks are nice as well. It's been years since they wore those.

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I really don't get this thought process. The margin for winning and losing games is pretty thin for most competitive teams. The Bills lost 3 games in a close fashion while playing pretty poorly, injury riddled, and other factors. However, the Bills won 2 games in dramatic fashion in the last seconds of those games. 

Point being, you could play woulda, coulda, and shoulda, every season. No better example than 13 seconds last year. Every season, I expect teams including Buffalo to win and lose games by the thinnest of margins. That's just football. For me, the frustrating thing about the season is injuries. Sure injuries happen and can be expected. However, losing key guys like Von, Hyde, Dawkins, etc...make it more difficult to win. Perhaps, Bills fans were fortunate not to experience serious injuries the last few seasons with the exception of Tre. 

I think that thought process is helpful if you are still in the season and trying to project how future games will go.

The Miami game was full of injuries and issues with the heat. Especially losing Morse in-game seemed to screw up the timing of everything on offense. We play Miami again much healthier, not in the heat, and Morse is back.

The Vikings game was a total fluke. The Bills outplayed them 90% of the game and then a bunch of crazy stuff happened. If we play that game the same way we win 99/100 times. The Vikings needed a fumbled snap in the end zone 3 yards away from victory formation for a TD in order to win. It isn’t predictive of anything.

The Jets game we played like garbage on offense. The Jets got pressure with 4 and have a solid secondary. If there is a game to point to for an example of how we might lose again it would be this game. Maybe not the Jets specifically because their offense is pretty bad. But say for example if the Bengals can get pressure with 4 and drop everyone else in coverage, they could knock off the Bills in a similar way.

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It would be cool if our media asked Dorsey real questions about player snap counts, formations and strategy.

Instead it’s talk about what having Josh Allen on your team means to you, and explain the process of facing the Jets the second time around. 

Yeah, it would be real “cool” to talk about our snap counts, formations and strategy.  Maybe they can post it on the portion of the dark web that only Bills Mafia can see.  

the less info our coaches and players talk about, the better.  

1 hour ago, eball said:

But to each his own.

I think you have too many teams in the “glut” and Miami is better than a middle of the pack team.  

54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was signed yesterday after Stevenson released 

Phillips might be out for a bit. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.