Tre'Davious White - when will he be ready?

Deadstroke

33 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

You know with Bills fans, the moment he is active to play on Game Day, he is our beloved All-Pro / Pro Bowl Corner again and all is forgiven.

The only way there is love lost is if Tre ends up not playing a single game for us this season, or if he indeed stinks it up when he finally does play.

But you gotta love Bills fans, most of these guys hating on him will be his #1 fan the day he is finally active.

Kinda like how the people who have been rightfully critical of Josh recently are still fans of him. It’s almost like you can be frustrated with a player and still root for their success. What a concept. 

Edited by gobills404
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Hey everyone is losing patience but it’s management’s responsibility to get him out there. Jobs are on the line if we can’t keep winning. If the guy has been cleared to play, do you think he’s telling them he’s not ready mentally? Get him out there, with a brace if necessary, and spot him limited reps. Get him a sports psychologist to build him up. Let’s go, it’s a year already. He’s a free agent soon.

5 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

He might be medically cleared but still feel weakness or tightness enough to where he feels uncomfortable going at 100%.  Happens all the time. Doesn’t mean he is creating drama in his head. 

Or, here's a thought.  Both Beane and McDermott have referenced that Tre' has his own surgeon and medical team, and that there is a need to coordinate/communicate with them as well as with the Bills own physicians and sports trainers.

McDermott mentioned "checking boxes".

What if Tre's medical team has defined "boxes" to check and Tre' isn't checking them yet?  It could be a strength or a movement metric or, it could be a recovery metric - the day after a full practice, how swollen is his knee?  How much ROM does he have?  A recovery metric would make the most sense to me because I would expect Tre was meeting or close to meeting the strength or movement metrics before they opened his PUP return window and allowed him to start practicing.  But, the condition of the joint (how swollen, how much ROM) the day after a full practice may be harder to predict. 

For those saying "but but but he's not on the injury report...." it's my understanding that the line between "normal" training room visits and injury treatment is blurry by this time of year - for example, it's been said that by this time of the year, most of the OL are getting their knees drained and cortisone injections on a regular basis, but they don't show up on injury report for this

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Deadstroke said:

Hey, I'm a homer and been loving and defending my team for many years.  I'm usually always in a player's corner when he may be questioned for underperforming; but this thing with Tre has gone on too long.  The latest reports now have him fully healthy but perhaps not too confident of his health/current abilities. 

He's getting paid a ton of money and it's time to earn it now when the team really need him.  The pass defense is getting abused big time.  It's time for Tre to show up and help out.

I really admire people willing to reach fully formed opinions without being hindered by a complete lack of supporting facts.  Bravo.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Airseven said:

How so?

A year removed from injury and based on the way he waffled about covid, if there wasn't a setback, then it's reasonable to assume he has some sort of personal apprehension/hesitation about playing. That's not to say it's good or bad. Simply that, at this point, there has to be something else going on other than routine recovery.

So you admit you assume. That's good.

You should stop drawing conclusions from assumptions though. That's bad.

Considering we don't know and only assume, i'm willing to give tre the benefit of the doubt. He has earned that by being an excellent player, leader, teammate, and community member.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

It’s a team decision in the sense the Bills are supporting Tre’s wishes, but if Tre wanted to play, or felt he was ready to play, he’d be on the field. The “team” wouldn’t say no.

ok thanks.  I can sleep now that that’s been confirmed.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mickey said:

I really admire people willing to reach fully formed opinions without being hindered by a complete lack of supporting facts.  Bravo.

Amen.  So many people “in the know” from their couch’s.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Or, here's a thought.  Both Beane and McDermott have referenced that Tre' has his own surgeon and medical team, and that there is a need to coordinate/communicate with them as well as with the Bills own physicians and sports trainers.

McDermott mentioned "checking boxes".

What if Tre's medical team has defined "boxes" to check and Tre' isn't checking them yet?  It could be a strength or a movement metric or, it could be a recovery metric - the day after a full practice, how swollen is his knee?  How much ROM does he have?  A recovery metric would make the most sense to me because I would expect Tre was meeting or close to meeting the strength or movement metrics before they opened his PUP return window and allowed him to start practicing.  But, the condition of the joint (how swollen, how much ROM) the day after a full practice may be harder to predict. 

For those saying "but but but he's not on the injury report...." it's my understanding that the line between "normal" training room visits and injury treatment is blurry by this time of year - for example, it's been said that by this time of the year, most of the OL are getting their knees drained and cortisone injections on a regular basis, but they don't show up on injury report for this

This gets to the point where our management group has been keeping  to confidentiality rules surrounding players injuries . So fans are watching a third rate secondary the last few games with White being cleared to play weeks ago. Why would White be allowed to take direction from his private medical team when all the other players are advised by team accredited doctors and surgeons. Hasn’t White been practicing for weeks? Beane should have fortified this position before the deadline. We need to know what’s the window for White’s return is. The fans are paying for these monster contracts which limit player acquisitions. The injury happened a year ago. These complications are happening late in the process. Either our medical team or Beane has handled this player poorly.

• Vomit 1

7 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

...and you sound like it's your money.  Is that you, Terry?

What? He's a human being. He tore his ACL and plays a position that requires a lot of lateral movement. If he and the coaches feel a few more weeks will benefit him, who cares? Do you want to rush him back and have him tear it again? 

Is that you, sports fan sitting at home on a computer criticizing and injured player for wanting to protect his longevity for the sake of your favorite sports team winning?

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

There's so much more to this story than what you imply; you should look into it.

Sure, send me a link. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Having torn my acl (and MCL + meniscus) I get it. It took me a long time to feel comfortable with my knee again. I’m sure he’s thinking about his career, not just this season.

Stop it, you can't think rationally here. The fans think he is just all healed and ready to go!! 

Let alone the fact that corners and RBs have the lowest chance of returning to form after a tear in their ACL.

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, larrym said:

recovery must be taking longer than expected.  most aren't the same until 2 years after the surgery.  i've had a torn acl with a partial in my mcl and torn cartilage.  I can't imagine doing the cuts an stressful moves hes gonna have to do so soon.   My best to tre.  Come back when you're ready.

You're not in your prime nor working with the best athletic staff in the country.

Many of us have numerous injuries and been set back in our ordinary life but we aren't elite athletes nor are we having their training schedule to recover. 

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

You're not in your prime nor working with the best athletic staff in the country.

Many of us have numerous injuries and been set back in our ordinary life but we aren't elite athletes nor are we having their training schedule to recover. 

But we consistently hear from the Polk High, 4 TDs in a game type. I understand the point their trying to make, but don’t use the HS glory days as a reference.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Let me ask all of the "Tre needs to play" people this question, say he plays and the opposing WR torches him all game. Then what?? 

Then he gets torched but at least you know what you have.   Kind of a silly what if.   Do you just keep him out forever because there is a chance he may play bad or get injured again?

• Thank you (+1) 1