I think it's clear that Zach Wilson is a bust

Inigo Montoya

13 hours ago, Flucod said:

Well how about Kurt Warner, Roger Staubauch, George Blanda, Bart Starr was a 10th round pick. I guess probably better odds then 1 in a million.

Staubach, Blanda and Starr were all drafted 50 or 60 years ago.   Warner is a baby ... he came out of college less than 30 years ago.    Even Brady was drafted more than 20 years ago.

12 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

He had two td passes dropped on one first half series (one admittedly a lot harder catch than the other) and a te who couldn’t toe-tap before falling down on a good pass. The game is a lot different if people catch the ball, although i suppose you could say the same about gabe davis’s  drop early on. Brisset played well.

Brisette generally plays well -- and puts up good numbers -- but just not good enough to win games because he can't seem to make clutch plays.  His failed QB sneak on 4th down is an example.

16 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The Jets had 2 yards of total offense in the second half against the Pats.   It wasn't a bad weather game.

Two yards....

Today Zach was 9/22 (40.9%) for 77 yards, 0 TD,  0 INT,  3 sacks for 44 yards

Through Zach's first 7 games this season;

57.5 comp percentage

1,202 yards passing --  171 yards a game

4 TDs

5 INTs

They've had some tough injuries on offense but Zach can't even game manage.  He just can't be under center again next year.  They're going to have to go back to the well for another QB.  This year's Jets are like a lot of Drought Era Bills' teams, a great defense squandered by a parade of inept quarterback play.

Josh had some tough games in year two but he was constantly flashing, showing the potential that was there.  I don't think anyone who watches Zach thinks he's on the cusp of putting it all together and breaking out.  It was clear at the end of the 4th quarter today with it tied at 3 and the Jets with the ball, that Saleh was trying to hide Zach, trying to not have him lose the game.  Saleh had no confidence in Zach's ability to make a play and even get the ball into field goal range.  The Jets ended up punting it away and the Pats returned the punt 84 yards for the only TD of the game with 5 seconds left.

The Jets have already spent their horde of draft picks.  In next year's draft they only have their own pick for the first 4 rounds.  This miss on Zach is really going to set them back.  They're going to win just enough games to get them selecting in the middle third of the draft.  They're going to have to trade away future picks to move up for a blue chip prospect in the draft or look for a retread vet QB to pick up.

I can't imagine Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh putting their livelihood in Zach's hands again next year.  They're going to ask for a mulligan and try to grab another QB.

And they showed a highlight at the game Wilson threw a football directly to a Patriots linebacker who dropped it. 

The problem for Wilson is not that he’s made mistakes, but he’s not learning from his mistakes.  Allen improved each year.  Wilson still looks like a rookie and making mistakes left and right.  He won’t last long.  It’s too bad as Salah is creating a heck of a defense, and improving their running game.  What did they punt 17 times yesterday?

The sad thing is The Pats looked just as bad.

• Agree 1

My fear in the Bills-Jets game was that Wilson would go down and Mike White would take over at QB. That almost happened - Wilson took a hit and White was warming up. I still stand by my comments last year after a White’s one huuuge game that there’s a small possibility that he could actually be good, which is more right now than Wilson and Flacco are showing. 

22 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

They did look just as bad. But I’m a bit confused about the part where that’s “sad”

Meaning how pathetic they are as a team without Brady.

I think you know how much I loathe the Cheats.  Probably as much as you.  My only wish is BB hangs on as he’s the smartest guy in the room and hangs on for another four miserable years finishing 7-10 to 8-9.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Let me repeat;

Two things can be true at the same time.  The Jets can beat the Bills Week 9 --- and --- Zach Wilson can be a bust

Yes, 2 things can be true.  Your point is correct and a poorly played game by the Bills doesn't change the fact that Wilson

is not going to be the answer for the Jets unless some sort of miraculous change happens to him.

Unfortunately, your OP is lost with the "sarcasm" (for sake of a better word) that is running rampant on this site lately.

Dissing this team seems to be the hip thing to do.

• Like (+1) 1

I'll be very surprised if he makes it through the season as the Jets starter especially with them still in contention for the division and playoffs right now. And of course he had to play the best game of his career against the Bills recently only to come crashing back to earth against a Belichik defense.

Make no mistake about it though, that roster has some scary talent across the board and if they get even game manager level play from the QB position next year they are going to be a real SB favorite.

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

The problem for Wilson is not that he’s made mistakes, but he’s not learning from his mistakes.  Allen improved each year.  Wilson still looks like a rookie and making mistakes left and right.  He won’t last long.  It’s too bad as Salah is creating a heck of a defense, and improving their running game.  What did they punt 17 times yesterday?

The sad thing is The Pats looked just as bad.

Yes, this. Wilson's refusal to take any responsibility for the loss is telling: The reason he's not learning from his mistakes is that his ego won't let him acknowledge that he's making any.

14 minutes ago, KellysHandWarmer said:

Yes, this. Wilson's refusal to take any responsibility for the loss is telling: The reason he's not learning from his mistakes is that his ego won't let him acknowledge that he's making any.

Probably.  

What I care is that Allen continues to heal that elbow, but hopefully has enough practice time to get back into a rhythm.  I know Detroits defense is atrocious, but we can’t afford another hiccup.  We get out of this game at 8-3 on national tv, as we should be sufficiently motivated to destroy the Pats, and then take on the Jets.  I respect the Jets defense, but Wilson won’t get that lucky twice.

Then we’re 10-3 and hopefully a nice rhythm.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

This is a Buffalo Bills fan site.   I seldom care about threads like this.  Yes there are threads & get it that are not Bills exclusive.

Why I care is that he looked like anything but a bust vs. Buffalo and that really gnaws at me.

Kenny Pickett, Zach Wilson, Kirk Cousins, and Jacoby Brissett all had statistically their best games against this defense. We’re 2-2 in those games against scrubs.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.