I think it's clear that Zach Wilson is a bust

Inigo Montoya

The Jets had 2 yards of total offense in the second half against the Pats.   It wasn't a bad weather game.

Two yards....

Today Zach was 9/22 (40.9%) for 77 yards, 0 TD,  0 INT,  3 sacks for 44 yards

Through Zach's first 7 games this season;

57.5 comp percentage

1,202 yards passing --  171 yards a game

4 TDs

5 INTs

They've had some tough injuries on offense but Zach can't even game manage.  He just can't be under center again next year.  They're going to have to go back to the well for another QB.  This year's Jets are like a lot of Drought Era Bills' teams, a great defense squandered by a parade of inept quarterback play.

Josh had some tough games in year two but he was constantly flashing, showing the potential that was there.  I don't think anyone who watches Zach thinks he's on the cusp of putting it all together and breaking out.  It was clear at the end of the 4th quarter today with it tied at 3 and the Jets with the ball, that Saleh was trying to hide Zach, trying to not have him lose the game.  Saleh had no confidence in Zach's ability to make a play and even get the ball into field goal range.  The Jets ended up punting it away and the Pats returned the punt 84 yards for the only TD of the game with 5 seconds left.

The Jets have already spent their horde of draft picks.  In next year's draft they only have their own pick for the first 4 rounds.  This miss on Zach is really going to set them back.  They're going to win just enough games to get them selecting in the middle third of the draft.  They're going to have to trade away future picks to move up for a blue chip prospect in the draft or look for a retread vet QB to pick up.

I can't imagine Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh putting their livelihood in Zach's hands again next year.  They're going to ask for a mulligan and try to grab another QB.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Inigo Montoya said:

The Jets had 2 yards of total offense in the second half against the Pats.   It wasn't a bad weather game.

Two yards....

57.5 comp percentage

4 TDs

5 INTs

They've had some tough injuries on offense but Zach can't even game manage.  He just can't be under center again next year.  They're going to have to go back to the well for another QB.  This year's Jets are like a lot of Drought Era Bills' teams, a great defense squandered by a parade of inept quarterback play.

Josh had some tough games in year two but he was constantly flashing, showing the potential that was there.  I don't think anyone who watches Zach thinks he's on the cusp of putting it all together and breaking out.  It was clear at the end of the 4th quarter today with it tied at 3 and the Jets with the ball, that Saleh was trying to hide Zach, trying to not have him lose the game.  Saleh had no confidence in Zach's ability to make a play and even get the ball into field goal range.  The Jets ended up punting it away and the Pats returned the punt 84 yards for the only TD of the game with 5 seconds left.

The Jets have already spent their horde of draft picks.  In next year's draft they only have their own pick for the first 4 rounds.  This miss on Zach is really going to set them back.  They're going to win just enough games to get them selecting in the middle third of the draft.  They're going to have to trade away future picks to move up for a blue chip prospect in the draft or look for a retread vet QB to pick up.

I can't imagine Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh putting their livelihood in Zach's hands again next year.  They're going to ask for a mulligan and try to grab another QB.

I think it was clear that Wilson was going to be a bust the moment the jets drafted him. People complain that Tua is small and dare I say that Wilson is smaller than Tua. Yes Wilson has a strong arm but that ain’t gonna do Jack ***** for you if you can’t hit the top ocean from the beach. Jets are going to be in major trouble moving forward because of their QB problem. 

2 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Unfortunately, Wilson had a decent game against the Bills.  

18/25 154 yards is a decent game to you ??

1 minute ago, Pbomb said:

Played good against us and won though

1 minute ago, Max Fischer said:

Unfortunately, Wilson had a decent game against the Bills.  

1 minute ago, buffalo2218 said:

Even more mind blowing that we lost to this team. WTH is goin on with the Bills?

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

And yet he looked like a great QB against us. Very rare when the Bills make opposing middling QBs look good rather than look terrible. Pass D has been struggling since the Pittsburgh game.

It's still mind boggling to me that we lost that game.  It's this season's Jacksonville.  Time will tell how much it hurts us.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Two yards....

57.5 comp percentage

4 TDs

5 INTs

Unless they plan to tank the rest of their season for a higher draft pick then they won’t be in a position to grab a top QB in next years draft

4 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Two yards....

57.5 comp percentage

4 TDs

5 INTs

Unless he can play against the Bills every week.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think it was clear that Wilson was going to be a bust the moment the jets drafted him. People complain that Tua is small and dare I say that Wilson is smaller than Tua. Yes Wilson has a strong arm but that ain’t gonna do Jack ***** for you if you can’t hit the top ocean from the beach. Jets are going to be in major trouble moving forward because of their QB problem. 

18/25 154 yards is a decent game to you ??

Yes. And Wilson made quite a few key plays to win the game. You might want to check it out. 

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

And yet he looked like a great QB against us. Very rare when the Bills make opposing middling QBs look good rather than look terrible. Pass D has been struggling since the Pittsburgh game.

Let’s not get carried away. He looked ok at best. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.