Deadline to announce move to Detroit ??????????????

Gisele

10 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Current weather reports have no snow on Sunday, it's the fact the stadium will be unplayable. Current weather reports have 1-3 inches on Saturday and nothing on Sunday.  The heavy stuff his Thursday according to Weather.Com right now. 

It's about clearing and removing snow in time, which a retractable roof does wonders for.

With all the money the team makes its honestly embarrassing they got to pay fans $15/hr to shovel in order to get the stadium ready to play. 

It's not the Bills who set the price, it's the cleaning contractor who the Bills hire that sets the price. The company that cleans the stadium also is responsible for snow removal. 

3 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

I could see building a dome if this happened 2 or 3 times a season, but it doesn't. It's very rare. No need to give any advantage to warmer weather or dome teams when they come to Buffalo in the winter. 

I've always maintained both teams have to play in same weather. Over blown that we have advantage because the other team is warm weather or plays in a dome. Home field is an advantage but weather? Not convinced.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

I could see building a dome if this happened 2 or 3 times a season, but it doesn't. It's very rare. No need to give any advantage to warmer weather or dome teams when they come to Buffalo in the winter. 

Unless you are doming the entire region it would have very little effect.  If the game gets moved it's because of the storms impact on the region, with road closures, too much snow to handle, and general unsafe conditions.  Has nothing to do with in-game conditions.

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I've been absent a lot of this week with work being a little full on.... but what's the latest? Is it snowing there yet?

10 Day Weather-Buffalo, NY

Thu 17 | Day

37°

31%

W 17 mph

A few snow showers scattered about the area this morning, otherwise a good deal of clouds. High 37F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 30%.

Fri 18 | Day

34°

80%

WSW 16 mph

Snow likely. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 30s. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 80%. 8 to 12 inches of snow expected. Heavier amounts in persistent snowbands.

Sat 19 | Day

30°

83%

SW 22 mph

Windy. Snow during the morning will diminish to a few snow showers during the afternoon. High near 30F. Winds SW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 80%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.

Sun 20 | Day

28°

18%

W 22 mph

Partly cloudy skies with gusty winds. A few flurries or snow showers possible. High 28F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph.

10 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Holy crap I hope you’re being sarcastic...

If the game can't be played on Sunday we have no gaps elsewhere to fit it in, so it has to be Saturday or Sunday somewhere.  Looks the Bills/Browns are being dealt a crappy situation but they and the league need to make it work. 

Moving it to Monday night (or Tuesday if needed), then moving the Bills/Lions to Sunday works in every way but people's feelings over Thanksgiving.  So the network would hate losing the noon Thanksgiving game and America would hate losing the noon Thanksgiving game, but the Bills/Browns need to get the game in and we are already in week 11, so there isn't a lot of time to make it up.

As for "hate" I mean in the sense of not liking it, not like "I hate this team!"

Edited by GottaRun

1 minute ago, GottaRun said:

If the game can't be played on Sunday we have no gaps elsewhere to fit it in, so it has to be Saturday or Sunday somewhere.  Looks the Bills/Browns are being dealt a crappy situation but they and the league need to make it work. 

Moving it to Monday night (or Tuesday if needed), then moving the Bills/Lions to Sunday works in every way but people's feelings over Thanksgiving.  So the network would hate losing the noon Thanksgiving game and America would hate losing the noon Thanksgiving game, but the Bills/Browns need to get the game in and we are already in week 11, so there isn't a lot of time to make it up.

As for "hate" I mean in the sense of not liking it, not like "I hate this team!"

Game is getting played on Sunday most likely in Detroit imo, no way they would move the Thanksgiving game from a logistical and business standpoint.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Negan said:

Game is getting played on Sunday most likely in Detroit imo, no way they would move the Thanksgiving game from a logistical and business standpoint.

I agree, just saying there are other ways to make it work where the game stays in Buffalo.  

For the 2014 game in Detroit they let all Bills fans into the lower bowl, random seating, it worked well as there were few Jets fans there and the Lions fans mainly showed up to support the Bills and sat in the upper level.  Not sure how this game would work as Cleveland is closer to Detroit than Buffalo, so a lot of Browns fans will make the trip.  The seating will be a problem, I guess Browns fans on the Browns side Bills fans on the Bills side... it will be bizarre either way and I think we lose a bit of the home field advantage.

Just now, Greg S said:

I am surprised we haven't heard anything. If they plan on playing in Buffalo, then the Browns have to be traveling now. If they plan on playing in Detroit, then the Bills have to be leaving now.

Bills will need to be out of here before tomorrow night for sure.  Browns won't be able to get here on Saturday because the airport will be closed.  I'd expect an announcement tonight or tomorrow morning 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GottaRun said:

I agree, just saying there are other ways to make it work where the game stays in Buffalo.  

For the 2014 game in Detroit they let all Bills fans into the lower bowl, random seating, it worked well as there were few Jets fans there and the Lions fans mainly showed up to support the Bills and sat in the upper level.  Not sure how this game would work as Cleveland is closer to Detroit than Buffalo, so a lot of Browns fans will make the trip.  The seating will be a problem, I guess Browns fans on the Browns side Bills fans on the Bills side... it will be bizarre either way and I think we lose a bit of the home field advantage.

Good point, I think it maybe beneficial though for 2 games right in a row in the same venue, see Jets and Giants in 2019 consecutive weeks at MetLife.

Plus Allen is usually lights out in good weather situations.

I thought last time it was pretty much free to go to the game in 2014.   

2 hours ago, Radar said:

I've always maintained both teams have to play in same weather. Over blown that we have advantage because the other team is warm weather or plays in a dome. Home field is an advantage but weather? Not convinced.

And the argument could perhaps be made that if Buffalo was a strong running team, that playing in the snow would be a strength.  As it stands, they're not built for playing in the snow AT ALL

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

And the argument could perhaps be made that if Buffalo was a strong running team, that playing in the snow would be a strength.  As it stands, they're not built for playing in the snow AT ALL

Which is really sad being a team that plays in the northeast. An area that is known for snow, wind, and rain.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.