Deadline to announce move to Detroit ??????????????

Gisele

12 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

I didn't say dome, i said retractable roof. There's one in Toronto does just fine. Also you realize the Sabres have a roof down the street, right? Lol

Terry is something like the 5th richest owner in the league, he can afford it. So can the tax payers with this massive handout he's getting. 

The dome in Toronto can not be opened from the end of October until late May due to the possibility of snow and ice build up on the track. 

15 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Is that the same sort of dome?

The Carrier Dome (or whatever they call it now) is one of those weird things where the roof is a flexible fabric of sorts and it's help up with internal air pressure; if you open all the doors the roof will deflate.

Maybe that has something to do with it?  Is that how Detroit is?

Detroit is solid roof. No one builds fabric pressure inflated/supported dome roofs anymore and all the old ones either closed/demolished or converted to fixed roof. EX: Small UNI Dome in Cedar Falls IA on UNI campus converted to fixed roof. They had two complete collapses of the air supported version and more deflations. All during weather events.

Carrier Dome also converted to fixed roof (PTFE hybrid w cables) in last renovation and comically added what was sorely lacking: AC!!!!! Unbelievable that they built the place without HVAC when the naming rights were by a nationally known HVAC company "Carrier." 🤷‍♂️😂Then Syracuse U does renovations and adds HVAC, then illegally litigate and bully a way out of the Carrier naming rights like a bunch of punks who should be beat up on the playground by the kids who they stole their lunch money from.

Don't let the press release fool you, SU stole the naming rights back from Carrier. Original deal was in perpetuity. 

Edited by cba fan

2 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

Any idea how they would handle ticket sales if the game is moved to Detroit?

Bills season ticket preference, options for Lions seasons ticket holders, pricing, etc?

not sure… I grabbed my single off SeatGeek so hopefully they’d at least give me a credit.

3 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

Any idea how they would handle ticket sales if the game is moved to Detroit?

Bills season ticket preference, options for Lions seasons ticket holders, pricing, etc?

If I remember correctly from 2014, I got a full price refund on my seasons. Then I think they opened a “window” for season ticket holders first for the game in Detroit. Few hours later (or maybe a day?) to the general public. Tickets were free. Can’t remember if we had an assigned seat or if it was in the door and pick a seat Southwest Airlines style. I kinda remember it being pick your seat. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.