Pulse check - How confident are you that we can beat the Browns

damj

Pulse check - How confident are you that we will beat the Browns?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. How confident are you that we will beat the Browns?

• Very - We are a better team and will cover the spread
    • Pretty confident - We will win, but not cover the spread
    • 50-50
    • Pessimistic - better than 50/50 we lose
    • The sky is falling - No way we will win

The browns will run, run, run, play action against our terrible secondary and score points. 

If Allen continues to play like he has, 3 and outs, ints, fumbles, tunnel vision, etc, our opportunities will be less and less because of the possession type of game Cleveland is going to want to play. 

This game is a 50/50 imo. Which Allen shows up?

4 hours ago, mjt328 said:

The question isn't about beating a crap team like the Browns. 

Who.  Gives.  A.  $#!+.

The question is whether this pathetic franchise is going to finally win a Super Bowl at some point, or just continue to be a ridiculous embarrassment to their loyal fans.  There is no team in the history of sports with a history of hyping up their fans and then choking it away like the Buffalo Bills. 

Wide Right. 

Losing Four Straight Super Bowls. 

The Music City Miracle. 

The Hail Murray. 

13 Seconds. 

Whatever the F you call yesterday, fumbling on the 1 yard line

Things were easier to swallow when this team was bad.  Most of our embarrassments weren't on national tv.  You could pretty much relax and start looking to next season by Thanksgiving.  There was nothing to get our hopes way up, and then crush them.  The expectations for this team are going to be just as heartbreaking as the 90s.  Trust me, I lived through them. 

This defense is a paper tiger that looks good in the stat column, but crumbles in the big moments.  The offense is a two-man show, and Josh Allen makes too many dumb mistakes to carry this team through an entire postseason (3-4 straight games against strong opponents).  And when push comes to shove, this team will ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS find inexplicable ways to lose football games.  The only thing you can count on.

4 hours ago, Beast said:

Who did we just lose to? An 0-8 team?

What a silly thread.

The Bills keep losing in the Billsiest ways possible.  Cleveland, although not a good football team, have strength where we have weakness. 

The other factor is, are the Bills collapsing?  I don't want to think that but it would be foolish to think it impossible.

2 minutes ago, dpberr said:

A loss here, and it *is* time for some panic/urgency, whatever you'd like to call it because that Vikings loss should have been a smelling salt to everyone at OBD this AM.  

This is where I'm not sure McD has the will to do this.  I guess they need to start with fundamental again, like, the C-QB snap. 

The Bills are still the better team and should win, but make no mistake about it lose this game and the season is all but over considering what still lies ahead.

Biggest concern is this one is the Browns offense and how similar it is to the Vikings and Jets, and considering this teams rush defense woes could be a monster day for Chubb and company.

• Like (+1) 1

I said 50/50. I believe the Bills have the talent to beat any team in the league and most pretty soundly. On the flip side their current play has been that of a team in a rut and with injuries removing much room for error. The Jets game was a classic playing into your opponents hand for how they wanted to play whereas the Vikings was a pure collapse. If Buffalo can stay consistent throughout I have no doubt they can win by two scores, but after the past two weeks I see a game right now far tighter then we want and allowing the Browns a real chance as they have some talent they can use against us.

The BILLS have proven over the last 2 games that they beat themselves. It's really nothing the other team is doing. We just have to stop with foolishness and get back to basics. JA needs to stop trying to win the NFL mvp & play smart. 

Dabol had him playing smart, Dorsey seems to be in attack mode all the time. 

10 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I can’t blame anyone for being negative after yesterday but that really felt a lot like the loss to Arizona a couple years ago to me at least.  It was pretty much an act of god that beat us…Jefferson is amazing but he’d make that 4th down catch probably once or twice out of 100 tries.   

assuming we start getting some defensive players back I think we’ll have plenty of talent to ride it out if josh continues to struggle 

This has to be one of the most sickening gut wrenching regular season game losses of all time… Even worse than the Mckelvin fumble against the Patriots years ago.. Or how bout the Dallas Monday nighter where they flew out and kicked a field goal on us with a few seconds left… Ugh so many heartbreakers…

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone that thinks this game is 50/50 should be putting a significant amount of money on the Browns considering you can get 3.5 to 1 of they win.

I want to see receipts. 

But I won't. Because no one actually believes that. People just want to be miserable. 

10 hours ago, damj said:

Now that we've all had a chance to sleep on it, or sleep it off, whatever the case may be ...

How confident are you that we will right the ship and beat the Browns?

Ask me again when we know whether he have Groot, Edmunds and Poyer.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, KCNC said:

On a scale of 1-10, about a 2.  Nick Chubb must be licking his chops.

I'm sure he was also licking his chops yesterday against a rushing defense that gives up more yards per carry than the Bills, right before he put up a whopping 63 yards.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Greg S said:

Jacoby Brissett isn't beating the Bills so it will come down to these 3 factors. IMHO

1. Do a decent job containing Chubb. He will make plays and get his yards but the Bills can't let him go off. By that I mean more than 130 yards rushing with 2 TD's or more.

2. Bills OL must play well. The Browns can get after the QB with their front 4 pretty well. Garrett is a beast. The Bills will have to hold their own in the battle at the LOS.

3. Turnovers - hopefully we get them and don't give them any. Allen needs to improve here. Stop always trying to play hero ball BS. Take what the defense gives you is a smart play.

Zach Wilson shouldn't have beat the Bills either, but he did.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.