A "credit to the Jets - that's a good team" thread

Success

I'm as concerned as anyone about how we looked - but this was a DIVISION GAME.  Except for the Bills, both the Jets and Phins often gave the Patriots fits during their near 2 decade reign.  It didn't matter how good those Patriots teams were.  Division games can be scrappy and tough.

And as one of their players said, this is not the "same ol' Jets."  They had a terrible game last week, but Saleh is a real coach, and he has changed the culture there.  Wilson has skills and can be very good when he doesn't make mistakes. That defense is absolutely legit.

They had the better gameplan yesterday, and wanted it more.  If anything, that was my biggest concern; their energy just seemed better (not a scientific observation).

We have some real division rivalries again.  It's fun.  I'm now looking much more forward to the next game in Buffalo - and I don't have much doubt that the Bills will respond accordingly.

We're still the best team in this division.  There are too many overreactions today.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Can the league flex the Jets at Bills game which is scheduled for 1:00 to SNF. The SNF game right now is Chiefs at Broncos. I realize the Chiefs are a popular team for primetime but Denver blows. There are 2 other games that could get flexed, the Eagles at Giants or the Dolphins at Chargers. My guess is Eagles at Giants if they do flex KC at Den out of SNF. But Bills and Jets could be a very big game with the AFCE on the line.

I'm really not sure the Jets are a good team, but their defense seems to be legit which sometimes is all that matters.

At the end of the day though the Bills defense should have also feasted yesterday just like the Patriots did the week before, not having Milano or Poyer is just an excuse.

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Success said:

I'm as concerned as anyone about how we looked - but this was a DIVISION GAME.  Except for the Bills, both the Jets and Phins often gave the Patriots fits during their near 2 decade reign.  It didn't matter how good those Patriots teams were.  Division games can be scrappy and tough.

And as one of their players said, this is not the "same ol' Jets."  They had a terrible game last week, but Saleh is a real coach, and he has changed the culture there.  Wilson has skills and can be very good when he doesn't make mistakes. That defense is absolutely legit.

They had the better gameplan yesterday, and wanted it more.  If anything, that was my biggest concern; their energy just seemed better (not a scientific observation).

We have some real division rivalries again.  It's fun.  I'm now looking much more forward to the next game in Buffalo - and I don't have much doubt that the Bills will respond accordingly.

We're still the best team in this division.  There are too many overreactions today.

Yeah, no...

The iteration of the Josh Allen Bills has been building for 3 years. 

This Jets team just lost their #1 RB, the talk all week was is Robert Saleh losing it for naming Zach Wilson the starter the rest of the year. 

The Bills were the #1 scoring defense in the league, and had the best point differential in the NFL. So, I don't want to tip the cap. Our offense fell apart in the second half and the defense couldn't stop the run on a drive that started from the goal line. 

Plus, the Bills have a veteran HC. 

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yeah, no...

The iteration of the Josh Allen Bills has been building for 3 years. 

This Jets team just lost their #1 RB, the talk all week was is Robert Saleh losing it for naming Zach Wilson the starter the rest of the year. 

The Bills were the #1 scoring defense in the league, and had the best point differential in the NFL. So, I don't want to tip the cap. Our offense fell apart in the second half and the defense couldn't stop the run on a drive that started from the goal line. 

Plus, the Bills have a veteran HC. 

When a great offense falls apart - the defense they're facing sometimes has a bit to do w/ that.

4 hours ago, Success said:

They had the better gameplan yesterday, and wanted it more.

They may have had a better game plan, but saying things like "they wanted it more" is just stupid sports fan talk.

Nothing aimed directly at you, but suggesting they "wanted it more" is really dumb.  How would you know?  Who wanted it more?  Every Jet wanted it more than every Bill? Some of the Bills?

Maybe they did football stuff better than we did football stuff on a single day and they ended up winning.

Is that a possible explanation?

Or did they just want it more?

That’s a very talented DL and secondary.  Moseley is a good leader and play caller.  They got the best of us.  And Josh sucked. It’s the nfl.  Teams lose games they should win.  Even the almighty Mahomes lost to the terrible Colts

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Nextmanup said:

They may have had a better game plan, but saying things like "they wanted it more" is just stupid sports fan talk.

Nothing aimed directly at you, but suggesting they "wanted it more" is really dumb.  How would you know?  Who wanted it more?  Every Jet wanted it more than every Bill? Some of the Bills?

Maybe they did football stuff better than we did football stuff on a single day and they ended up winning.

I don't disagree, and I usually can't stand sports cliches like that.

But to my eyes, they had more energy.  That is not scientific, at all - but it was the impression I had all game. The Bills looked flat by comparison.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Success said:

When a great offense falls apart - the defense they're facing sometimes has a bit to do w/ that.

Yeah sorry, we beat the KC Chiefs on the road in Arrowhead. 

The path to the #1 seed is evident. 

And I don't want to hear will still are #1 seed. 

You don't lose a 14-3 and tip your cap to the Jets. 

• Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The Jets played with more intensity and enthusiasm than the Bills.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Process said:

They suck. So do the Patriots. The Bills lost because Allen played like a lost rookie and the Bills have very little talent on offense outside of him and Diggs. 

Oh, come on.

They really do not suck. They don't. They're 6-3. They beat the Fins, put 40 up on them. They're a good team, though the Bills certainly should have beat them.

"The Bills have very little talent on defense outside of him and Diggs"? Dude, please. I get that after losses it's automatically overreaction Monday and Tuesday and every day, but take a chill pill or 17.

You're right that Allen played badly, and so did the rest of the offense. They're still very damn good most weeks. They deserve a lot of criticism this week, "they have very little talent" is a wild overreaction, even if you throw out Allen and Diggs.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.