A guy on WGR said it pretty well this morning

78thealltimegreat

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Anyone who wants to start over because of one loss needs to get their emotions in check because they are being ridiculous.

It’s just the annual slump. Every year there is a 2-3 game stretch where the defense suddenly can’t stop anyone and Josh Allen + the offense struggles.

Its like a tradition at this point 😂

The good news is that they always play much better afterwards. The bad news is it usually costs them the 1 seed.

Im hoping they can end the slump at 1&1/2 games this year and get back on track next week.

Exactly this. Also, we are and will continue to get every teams "A Game". No one is going to look past us. They know they need to be very good to beat the Bills.. Jets played their best game yesterday.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, foreboding said:

Exactly this. Also, we are and will continue to get every teams "A Game". No one is going to look past us. They know they need to be very good to beat the Bills.. Jets played their best game yesterday.

Agreed.

I actually just posted something similar in the post game thread. The Bills are now truly the top dogs in the AFCE, and for the first time odds on super bowl favorites.

Every team is going to be fired up to take on the Bills, especially divisional opponents. The Bills have taken over for the patriots as the team everyone in the division is gunning for.

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

We are at the point with this franchise where if our QB has an off game or we play a clunker we think the world is ending and we want to burn it all down and just start over. 

We lost to two 6-3 football teams on the road in one possession games. We are not getting routed by the Texans here. 

The season is long and we still have 9 more games to go. 

Steve Young said it best we are still a week to week league and now these guys will have to stew for 6 days hearing how they are overrated and been exposed. 

We all know how good this team is and the only way they fix it is taking it out on a pretty beatable 7-1 Vikings team. 

The problem was inflated expectations and anointing the Bills - who haven't proven anything - the favorite. A lot of "fans" will struggle with accepting the lack of hype glow. 

52 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Despite how bad yesterday was it was 17-17 with 6 minutes left. The Jets just decided we are going to run it on the Bills and they did.
If we simply get a 3 and out we probably take the ball around mid field. Get a couple first downs and kick a field goal and go home 20-17. That just didn’t happen.

Exactly. Team loss. Ok, Allen was off but that last drive was reminiscent of that 13 second disaster. Still have more confidence In our offense when it's crunch time.

I feel like many fans are watching the NFL for the 1st time.

If great teams over the years never lost a few games to lesser teams (a.k.a. had a "clunker"), then we wouldn't have to endure seeing the '72 Dolphins celebrate every time the last undefeated team loses a game.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

My college team, PSU, is in the same spot. They've got a guy who's built a program that's good enough to make bowl games consistently, but never good enough to reach the pinnacle. I mean, I hope you're right, but that's not a super place to be.

After going thru the stretch of 17 straight seasons with no playoffs, I’ll take it.

• Like (+1) 1

For me personally, it's not just the loss, but HOW we lost.

Allen throwing directly to defenders, both lines getting mauled at the line of scrimmage, and Gabe Davis dropping balls that hit him right in the hands or chest. 

I can feel good about a hard fought, tough loss, when we play well. I have a harder time feeling good when we lose to an inferiro team while playing so poorly and its the second game in a row. Mike Tomlin said that two games is a trend in the NFL. There are only 17 games. 2 games is over 10% of the season

gabe.png

8 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

because we had to play on the road.

i mean that's the bottom line here. These losses matter, and by losing to an inferior team, the Bills have ratcheted up the pressure on themselves going forward.

And yet, just about every team does this just about every year.  The Chiefs lost badly to the Colts (and barely escaped with a win last night against Tenessee.)

As Dick Jauron used to say (I can only laugh about it now that we're not going 5-11) it's hard to win in the NFL.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I like how so many are not really bothered by this loss. All the way up to the point when the Bills lose the #1 seed because of these inconsequential "don't overreact" loses.

It's not that we're not bothered, it's that we understand that even the best teams rarely go undefeated, and we still feel like we are one of the best teams.

On 11/7/2022 at 6:44 AM, Solomon Grundy said:

Yeah, but it would be nice if other areas of the team had the ability to step up and lift the team to a win despite the poor play of their QB. For instance, not allowing the Jets to run the ball down their throats. Shutting down the quick passing game with more man coverage. Making FGs, etc. The pressure they put on Josh to win games has to be monstrumental. 

INTENSE PRESSURE at that and much of it self imposed (red)

to the Blue quoted I say of course any Bills fan will agree with this. It's called being CLUTCH and make those big statement dominating plays at the most opportune of moments.

I think this team Does have such playmakers on the defense. It just so happened that integral pieces were out with injuries and the backups were a step down in talent.

Sure we all want and many Expect Perfection and success from our athletes on every play at all times. Offensively our QB struggled and in a one score game our team came up short.

all the DRAMA since that loss does is for me kind of rookie just sayin'. I want to win as much as anybody. Steady as she goes Bills fans. Buckle Up. Lets see the team get healthier and then we can talk more subjectively

Edited by muppy

10 minutes ago, muppy said:

all the DRAMA since that loss does is for me kind of rookie just sayin'. I want to win as much as anybody. Steady as she goes Bills fans. Buckle Up. Lets see the team get healthier and then we can talk more subjectively

When exactly does the getting healthier begin?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.