On to Minnesota (get this game in the rear view mirror!)

Chandler#81

13 hours ago, chongli said:

Rich Gannon predicted a win for the Vikings on SiriusXM NFL Radio today, no matter who Buffalo starts at QB. No surprise, as he is a former Viking. Should have had the decency to recuse himself.

That's not a hot take. I also lean Vikings no matter who plays at QB for us tomorrow.

3 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

because football is a violent game and every year players get bigger, stronger, and faster

the NFL season is a war of attrition

I'd also be curious if teams are starting to realize that it's better to have players closer to 90% than put guys out there that are less than 80%. It's always been just play through injuries in the past. Maybe teams realize now it's better in the long-term to actually let these injuries heal up. 

Factor in the 17 game season and soon to be 18 game season plus the additional wild card seed and there is less urgency to get players back out there immediately. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

That's not a hot take. I also lean Vikings no matter who plays at QB for us tomorrow.

I understand about the injuries and all, but it would be hard for me to go against Josh, even at just 80%.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I still think it’s oversimplifying the situation calling diggs for Jefferson a trade cuz it depended on Philly straight up blowing it with the reagor pick for it to work out that way haha 

Jefferson should’ve gone to Philly and the diggs trade should have been a steal 

IIRC we also used the pick we got back from Minn on Dane Jackson.

3 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

What is Frazier going to do to stop Justin Jefferson?

We usually just play our 2-high Safety look and don’t change.

But does Jefferson warrant a deviation from the usual, and command a true 100% double team? 

Jefferson has all his top games against zone defense from what I’ve seen. The best game I seen against him this year was Philly. 
Slay locked him up in man, when he went to the other side they bracketed him with a safety and Bradberry and held him to minimal yardage. The eagles pass rush was non stop and cousins was throwing up lame duck prayers. Pass rush will have to show up or Jefferson probably feasts over the deep middle of the field. 

27 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Jefferson has all his top games against zone defense from what I’ve seen. The best game I seen against him this year was Philly. 
Slay locked him up in man, when he went to the other side they bracketed him with a safety and Bradberry and held him to minimal yardage. The eagles pass rush was non stop and cousins was throwing up lame duck prayers. Pass rush will have to show up or Jefferson probably feasts over the deep middle of the field. 

And Rousseau is out I wonder if Miller will see more playing time then usual , everyone will have to step up and apply pressure or else our backfield could get torched !! 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Putin said:

And Rousseau is out I wonder if Miller will see more playing time then usual , everyone will have to step up and apply pressure or else our backfield could get torched !! 

Time for some guys to step up for sure. Minnesota is not great on the offensive line. If there was ever a game for Epenesa or Basham to explode this would be it cause I’m sure they’ll be pretty focused on chipping Von and stopping Oliver as much as possible 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.