On to Minnesota (get this game in the rear view mirror!)

Chandler#81

6 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Well that sucks Poyer is ruled out already.  This defense is just drastically different without both starting safeties.

Has there been any mention if Jaquan Johnson will be riding the pine or inactive this week after his terrible performance last week?

I pray that dean marlowe starts and not Johnson otherwise Dalvin Cook is gonna roast us

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

This injury situation this year is ridiculous.

Agreed. I recall a poster being flamed in the off-season because they had said we had been relatively healthy these last couple of seasons. And I agreed with that.

Yeah we lost Tre white but look at this year we’ve still been missing White for half the season and we have a ton of other injuries at important positions.

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I just cannot find a way this game goes to the Bills if Allen doesn't play. Keenum is a JAG at QB and the defense is banged up. The Bills also have very little running game to speak of, so we can't fall back on that. Hope I am wrong on Sunday as I will be watching as always! 

Easy - our defensive line balls out and we pound the rock with Singletary and Cook effectively.

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Agreed. I recall a poster being flamed in the off-season because they had said we had been relatively healthy these last couple of seasons. And I agreed with that.

ever since that one dude started a thread after the win against the Rams about how great our strength and conditioning has been and how fortunate we are with injuries, everything went downhill

8 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

ever since that one dude started a thread after the win against the Rams about how great our strength and conditioning has been and how fortunate we are with injuries, everything went downhill

Yeah but it is not on him :)

We might have great facilities and great staff but we were still just lucky with the injuries and it was just a matter of time when it eventually changes. Now we can only hope it won't get significantly worse.

On 11/8/2022 at 11:03 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

Resting Milano?  He had an oblique injury.  We don't know why White didn't play.  White doesn't seem to be too unhappy about it.

Every team loses to teams they are supposed to beat.  The favored team doesn't win 100% of the games.  

Was it an oblique?  WGR 550 reported it as he was given a rest by coach.  

11 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I don’t know about that one but the one I’m thinking about a lot of posters disagreed with him because they thought white having gone down with the ACL was proof that we had not been relatively free from injuries.

They were all wrong because this year we’ve been hit by injuries tenfold. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Easy - our defensive line balls out and we pound the rock with Singletary and Cook effectively.

Sounds easy.  Ball out and pound rock, got it.  

2 hours ago, buffaloaggie said:

We saw this during the 2020 season when KC ran all over us when Milano was out. Dodson has been a capable run defender, but I think he lacks a bit in pass defense. We need to draft LBs in the early rounds. Bernard is unfortunately becoming what many feared, a bad reach. 

How many games has he started?   one? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If we had Hyde back there I might agree. But I still think we have a ton of depth on the D line. When both Hyde and Poyer are out that just devastates our secondary.

Having depth is one thing, have versatile depth is another. Epinessa, Basham, Lawson, these guys aren’t nearly as well rounded as Big Greg. He is a force in the run game and offers great upside as a pass rusher. After watching the Jets run it down our throats after his injury on the final drive last week makes me uneasy with simply putting Lawson or basham in to try and stuff the run. It can’t be forgotten that the Vikings have more attempted passes per game than our very own Bills. Dalvin Cook is averaging 4.6 YpC, which by the way, is only .2 yards better than Devin Singletary. They are 25th in the league at rushing attempts per game. They will throw the ball a ton, and if we cannot stop the run on the few attempts they do try AND get the QB, it’s going to be a long day defensively. Milano’s return will undoubtedly be a huge gain for our D, and Poyer being out still hurts a lot. Yet, there is a reason guys like Rousseau are drafted high in the first round and safeties are often not. Their impact is more widely and immediately felt on every down.

24 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

well okay, not EASY, but not some remote possibility either.  Especially at home with the expectations placed on this season for the Bills.

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

That quote sounds awful like he might die or something lol

I mean that is an all time injury designation there...

31 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

It's amazing how people think a rookie who has never started should step in and immediately be a pro bowler.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.