NFL Week #9 - 11/6/2022 - The Bills at the (NJ) Jets - Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

9 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

That's a bold statement for the team who is the number 1 seed in the AFC with the MVP favorite at QB. They had a bad game, they weren't going to go 16-1 this season. 

I would imagine there is less fear now after the last couple of weeks (i.e. tape showing some serious deficiency in run D, taking away certain routes or taking Diggs away).  

11 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

That's a bold statement for the team who is the number 1 seed in the AFC with the MVP favorite at QB. They had a bad game, they weren't going to go 16-1 this season. 

If I was an opposition fan, the only concern I’d have is if Josh gets his act together. Until then, bring us on.

12 minutes ago, IndyMark said:

Strike a nerve?  This is a message board, you do not look good here telling someone to stop sharing their thoughts on a message board.

Josh looked distracted today and is not playing at the level he nor anyone would likely expect. 

Petty? Me thinks you need a dictionary.

Please, enlighten me on what petty means then. You’re upset because god forbid he does something outside of football, as if people aren’t able to multitask or stay focused on the task at hand. What did Josh do today that made him look distracted? Give specific examples. I’m sure he was thinking about his Gillette commercials or his podcast in the middle of the third quarter….give me a break

19 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

It is a bold statement and I stand by it. The Bills look vulnerable on offense and defense. As a unit they played poorly vs the Packers and Jets. I think teams believe the  "mighty" Bills are beatable. I could feel that energy early in the Jets game. It grew stronger and stronger as the game continued. They Jets D wasn't afraid of Allen and their offense pounded the rock 7 straight times starting at their 4 yard line. This loss is quite concerning because it was a loss on all levels by so many individuals. That includes the coaches too. It's not time to panic. However, the level of concern has arrived. The AFC east division is a log jam. The Bills are 0-2 in the division. Don't think for a minute that the Dolphins or the Jets won't be confident entering the Bills stadium. Yes, I think the Bills are still the best team in the division. Clearly, they didn't play like it today. Teams now know how to attack the Bills on both sides of the ball. The Bills got clobbered on both sides of the lines. That's a recipe to lose games. Allen looks human and frankly pretty bad the last 2 games. Are the Bills issues lack of talent? Poor coaching schemes? Injuries? Allen's mechanics and vision is rookie like. I just stop right here...

Edited by newcam2012

8 minutes ago, henry jones said:

And have a defense that can routinely get the ball back.  Josh is trying to make big plays because he knows his defense isn’t stopping anyone.  

He may be trying to , but the problem is lately he hasn’t been making them. That = Bills loss

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

The defense that gave up 20?  That degense

I hate the “they only gave up” argument.

Ok they let up 20 points.

three, 8 minute drives.

So of course that will limit the Jets scoring cause you’re content on letting them gash you with clock, but also you’re limiting the offences chances.

I would rather them play more aggressive and give up 24 points without those killer 7-8 minute drives against them

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

It is a bold statement and I stand by it. The Bills look vulnerable on offense and defense. As a unit they played poorly vs the Packers and Jets. I think teams believe the  "mighty" Bills are beatable. I could feel that energy early in the Jets game. It grew stronger and stronger as the game continued. They Jets D wasn't afraid of Allen and their offense pounded the rock 7 straight times starting at their 4 yard line. This loss is quite concerning because it was a loss on all levels by so many individuals. That includes the coaches too. It's not time to panic. However, the level of concern has arrived. The AFC east division is a log jam. The Bills are 0-2 in the division. Don't think for a minute that the Dolphins or the Jets won't be confident entering the Bills stadium. Yes, I think the Bills are still the best team in the division. Clearly, they didn't play like it today. Teams now know how to attack the Bills on both sides of the ball. The Bills got clobbered on both sides of the lines. That's a recipe to lose games. Allen looks human and frankly pretty bad the last 2 games. Are the Bills issues lack of talent? Poor coaching schemes? Injuries? Allen's mechanics and vision is rookie like. 

Can’t argue with it too much right now. It’s a problem because Allen looking human makes the Bills average to even slightly below at times. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

It is a bold statement and I stand by it. The Bills look vulnerable on offense and defense. As a unit they played poorly vs the Packers and Jets. I think teams believe the  "mighty" Bills are beatable. I could feel that energy early in the Jets game. It grew stronger and stronger as the game continued. They Jets D wasn't afraid of Allen and their offense pounded the rock 7 straight times starting at their 4 yard line. This loss is quite concerning because it was a loss on all levels by so many individuals. That includes the coaches too. It's not time to panic. However, the level of concern has arrived. The AFC east division is a log jam. The Bills are 0-2 in the division. Don't think for a minute that the Dolphins or the Jets won't be confident entering the Bills stadium. Yes, I think the Bills are still the best team in the division. Clearly, they didn't play like it today. Teams now know how to attack the Bills on both sides of the ball. The Bills got clobbered on both sides of the lines. That's a recipe to lose games. Allen looks human and frankly pretty bad the last 2 games. Are the Bills issues lack of talent? Poor coaching schemes? Injuries? Allen's mechanics and vision is rookie like. 

Do you honestly think teams going into games thinking they can’t win? Of course every team is “beatable.” No team is going into a game saying “well, let’s just kill these next 3 hours.” These are professional athletes, this isn’t high school or college-I’m honestly not sure this game did much either way as to how teams view the Bills. They just may have a better idea of what to do to try and beat them 

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

three, 8 minute drives.

So of course that will limit the Jets scoring cause you’re content on letting them gash you with clock, but also you’re limiting the offences chances.

I would rather them play more aggressive and give up 24 points without those killer 7-8 minute drives against them

The offense’s chances? The defense got the ball back and we promptly returned it to the Jets.

6 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

The defense that gave up 20?  That degense

Can’t expect to score 50 every game.  The defense played admirably against a good KC offense.  Then put up back to back stinkers against terrible offensive teams.  Josh sucked today, but it’s not all on him

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

three, 8 minute drives.

I hear you but the Bills have killed teams without winning the TOP.

22 minutes ago, henry jones said:

And have a defense that can routinely get the ball back.  Josh is trying to make big plays because he knows his defense isn’t stopping anyone.  

Giving up 20 on the road should have given us a win.   You could argue that the defense gave up 13 points and 7 points are directly related to the second Allen interception.   The offense does not sustain one single drive after their first 3 possessions.   The offense refuses to run, and lately they have stopped throwing the much higher percentage short passes.  

Big plays happen when you can consistently make small plays, causing the opponents defense to cheat on what you are doing. 

The last two weeks Josh has checked down much less than he has in previous games.  They are throwing deep more, and they are not hitting the long ball enough to warrant that.  Take away his running game today and you have a guy with a 51.9 QBR.  

Final comment - if Josh is trying to make big plays, then he should target Diggs more.  Diggs was a forgotten man in the second half.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.