From the Colts board:

" what are we getting in return?"

- " i think josh allen"

"We needed Moss like we needed a case of crotch rot. Get real."

"We got Moss'ed"

"Ballard:  6th rounder?  That's another franchise QB!!"

Edited by SydneyBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 2

whoa. 41 page thread. I won't read it all so perdon if my thoughts are already mentioned.

He has special teams skills and looks in pads fast on those runbacks. I like that!

Bills mafia will certainly love him if he produces TD's.  "Duncan Hines"  be dunkin' on our competition 🙂

Welcome to Buffalo! 

Zack Moss best of luck in Indy. Not rooting against him in any case.

• Like (+1) 4

I think some people are over complicating this.

The question is - Do we have a better team than we did before the trade?

Yes.

We now have a better punt returner.  A RB that is more useful and productive than Moss.   A more explosive and speedy RB room.  A player that allows more scheme versatility.  More weapons for Josh to throw to.

Basically all for a 6th rounder.  Yes his next years cap is high but the Bills don’t have to pick it back up and since we are clearly in the Super Bowl hunt this year, it’s a reasonable trade off.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well, now you have what you wanted from Cook so that helps. Move cook to practice squad and bring over Duke Johnson for short yardage and clock eating. Need a change up still besides qb. Three backs cut from the same mold. At least nothing lost if they sub Hines in and out for Simgletary.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, gridirongold said:

Well, now you have what you wanted from Cook so that helps. Move cook to practice squad and bring over Duke Johnson for short yardage and clock eating. Need a change up still besides qb. Three backs cut from the same mold. At least nothing lost if they sub Hines in and out for Simgletary.

Move Cook to the practice squad? And how long do you think before a team would poach him off that, Governor?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, gridirongold said:

Duke Johnson in his prime with Cleveland was also at his best as a pass catching back rather than some short yardage thumper. And in any event, no way you are getting Cook through to the practice squad. In order to do that you have to cut him first and subject him to waivers. He would get claimed. Singletary, Hines and Cook is fine. 

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Move Cook to the practice squad? And how long do you think before a team would poach him off that, Governor?

Wouldn't even make it that far. You have to cut him before you can re-sign him for the PS. He would not clear waivers. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Duke Johnson in his prime with Cleveland was also at his best as a pass catching back rather than some short yardage thumper. And in any event, no way you are getting Cook through to the practice squad. In order to do that you have to cut him first and subject him to waivers. He would get claimed. Singletary, Hines and Cook is fine. 

Wouldn't even make it that far. You have to cut him before you can re-sign him for the PS. He would not clear waivers. 

Good points. Yeah as you say fine. Better than counting on Cook.. Breece Hall gets snagged first by Jets then Wilson who woulda filled the Bill goes to Miami. I hope they have enough.  Run Josh run. Superman another year or so.

Edited by gridirongold
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.