Week 9: Bills at Jets - Sunday Nov. 6th 1pm

YoloinOhio

CJ Mosley on Bills QB Josh Allen's signature move to leap over defenders:

“If you think about it, it’s going to happen, right?” Mosley said. “So just go in with the mindset like, ‘Hey, MF’er might jump over me. So what? Next man go pop him out the air.’
"Once he gets out of the pocket you’ve got to go plaster him, you’ve just got to go get him.”

6 minutes ago, Greg S said:

“If you think about it, it’s going to happen, right?” Mosley said. “So just go in with the mindset like, ‘Hey, MF’er might jump over me. So what? Next man go pop him out the air.’
"Once he gets out of the pocket you’ve got to go plaster him, you’ve just got to go get him.”

Easier said than done tho...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

“If you think about it, it’s going to happen, right?” Mosley said. “So just go in with the mindset like, ‘Hey, MF’er might jump over me. So what? Next man go pop him out the air.

Usually there isn't a "next man" there close enough to pop him out the air.

Second, defenders sounding as if they want to hit Josh so hard almost comes off as if wanting to hurt him if possible. Try not to get me wrong here, I understand he's a tough runner and all and they have to do what it takes to bring him down.

I just hope there's no dirty hits out of frustration etc.

I don't notice defenders saying same kind of stuff about Lamar, P. Mahomes when they run or get out the pocket. Granted Josh is a bigger QB which I'm sure is a factor. I'm just saying it's pretty clear some defenders get really frustrated/over emotional with Josh and there are some dirty players out there for sure

1 minute ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Second, defenders sounding as if they want to hit Josh so hard almost comes off as if wanting to hurt him if possible. Try not to get me wrong here, I understand he's a tough runner and all and they have to do what it takes to bring him down.

I don't notice defenders saying same kind of stuff about Lamar, P. Mahomes when they run or get out the pocket. Granted Josh is a bigger QB which I'm sure is a factor. I'm just saying it's pretty clear some defenders get really frustrated/over emotional with Josh and there are some dirty players out there for sure

This has the makings of a physical game. 6-1 vs 5-3 so both teams know the importance. It's also a rivalry game and those are usually more intense than other games.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

I think the thing that gets opposing defenders worked up about Josh is that he often straight up embarrasses them in a way that Lamar and Mahomes doesn't.

Most NFL defenders have a lot of pride and ego. Having a quarterback not just outrun them, but truck, stiff-arm, and leap over them -- and then get up laughing like a maniac! -- doesn't sit well with a lot of them, I imagine. 

I can sort of see the defenders' frustration a little bit. Josh is allowed to be very physical with them, but if they're physical in return, it's often a penalty, due to the nature of the NFL's rules protecting QBs. It must be extremely frustrating for defenses.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

I think its because the defenders arent use to being the guy BEING hit.  The other QBs dont really do that type of thing.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Greg S said:

This has the makings of a physical game. 6-1 vs 5-3 so both teams know the importance. It's also a rivalry game and those are usually more intense than other games.

I mean I know all that division/rivalry game is usually a bit more unpredictable. Has been mentioned by certain defenders other than division. Wasn't specifically talking about Jets only

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I think the thing that gets opposing defenders worked up about Josh is that he often straight up embarrasses them in a way that Lamar and Mahomes doesn't.

Most NFL defenders have a lot of pride and ego. Having a quarterback not just outrun them, but truck, stiff-arm, and leap over them -- and then get up laughing like a maniac! -- doesn't sit well with a lot of them, I imagine. 

I can sort of see the defenders' frustration a little bit. Josh is allowed to be very physical with them, but if they're physical in return, it's often a penalty, due to the nature of the NFL's rules protecting QBs. It must be extremely frustrating for defenses.

Yeah I agree with you for sure. As for embarrassing defenders Mahomes does it quite often. Only difference is they don't hurdle and stiff arm defenders like Josh. So I definietly agree with you because I certainly understand how a QB Hurdling you or stiff arming you flat on the back of your ass can make a defender more frustrated/embarrassed than  a Mahomes juke/no look pass etc would lol

I just hope if they get dirty it's called

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

Conflicting report came out from Ian Rappaport that poyer is more "week to week".  At this point, I wouldn't count on him next week either.

Agree about Jets playing zone/4 man rush rate is very high.  Be curious if Shakir gets more PT against a defense like this, similar to Steelers with zone looks.

Missing Poyer against the Vikes would be a much bigger problem.  Hope is good for that game.

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

I know it's basically no chance of it, but I'd love a scenario where it was a chance Hyde could play if deep into play-offs or SB. Wishful thinking I know

Just want him back 100% next year.  Bills will need him with the good chance Poyer will be somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I really really really wish Josh would stop doing this

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Am I the only one who DOESN'T want Tre's first game back to be on the MetLife turf?

I'd rather that his first game back be next week, on our home field against Minnesota.

Announce the defensive players rather than the offensive players in pre-game introductions. Let him hear the roar of Bills Mafia as he runs out of the tunnel.

Good thought.  Might be right.  

Just now, Greg S said:

Von Miller fully participated in Friday's practice and is good to go for Sunday - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

That's great and all, but it was just vet rest why he didn't practice Wed right? So one would expect he would practice Fri....

Unless he had an injury and I missed it??

That's great and all, but it was just vet rest why he didn't practice Wed right? So one would expect he would practice Fri....

he missed yesterday with an ankle injury

• Thank you (+1) 1

He was listed with an ankle injury yesterday but that designation was removed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.