Week 9: Bills at Jets - Sunday Nov. 6th 1pm

YoloinOhio

50 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

All I know is we better see some MASSIVE criticism of the Eagles after tonight's game against one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Last week Buffalo dominated the 1st half and went up by 17 and seemed just happy to let Green Bay eat clock while getting some yards and points.

The Eagles were tied with one of the worst teams in football well into the 3rd quarter.

I’m betting we won’t though. All I’m seeing on national media is breaking down the Eagles remaining schedule and how they “realistically” can go 17-0. I don’t think the Eagles will get ANY criticism for tonight’s game despite their game feeling a lot like the Bills/Packers game where seems like Buffalo has been criticized for not blowing them out. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

All I know is we better see some MASSIVE criticism of the Eagles after tonight's game against one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Last week Buffalo dominated the 1st half and went up by 17 and seemed just happy to let Green Bay eat clock while getting some yards and points.

The Eagles were tied with one of the worst teams in football well into the 3rd quarter.

I think people are setting themselves up for disappointment the bills are one of the best teams in the league this year may be the best but this isn’t college we don’t do style points in the NFL you either win or you don’t

If the bills are not totally dominating their opponents some people are getting upset I care about the win loss column and that’s it

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

It seems every time I've seen Wilson this year when he feels pressure he does these ridiculous long wide scrambles, and sometimes halts and backs up even more - by the time he tries to throw he's run like 20 useless yards behind the LOS and somehow ends up with more people in this face than when he started 

Because he was able to do that against truly inferior opponents at BYU. During his last year at BYU, they played this schedule:

Navy, Troy, LA Tech, UTSA, Houston, Texas State, Western Kentucky, Boise, North Alabama, Coastal Carolina, SDSU

In all but 2 of those games, BYU had a crazy roster advantage, especially when it came to their WRs vs opposing DBs and in the trenches. He threw to the most open WRs in college football that season and was barely touched behind their line. I laughed so hard when he and Trey Lance went ahead of Fields, and it's going to be fun watching them put together a great defense for a few years and never compete because their QB situation is a complete joke. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I am in bed with covid and had nothing to do, so I re-watched Bills @ Jets 2019 game. For those who don't remember, it was season opener a we were down 0-16 in mid 3Q but managed to come back and win 17-16.

Defense was playing great whole game, but Allen had 4 turnovers in the first half including unlucky pick6 by CJ Mosley (bounced from Cole Beasley's hands). He was great in the first drive until fumble, then quite ok, and then looked really bad trying to play hero ball early in second half. Then suddenly we got Devin Singletary going, Allen settled down and managed very nice GW drive with 3:00 to go. Defense then shut Darnold down and we won. Game was for sure affected by Mosley's injury; our run started once he went down in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

Couple of things I find interesting:

1. Allen's inaccuracy was the main theme for the announcers, esp. Harlan. Can't blame them much though after his rookie season. Fun times lol.

2. Universal thought was that Darnold is/will be the better QB of the two. Fun times indeed.

3. In offense, this was the first game Allen had any receivers at all. John Brown had 123 yards and a TD and was great imo, as he was whole 2019 season. I think he helped Allen a lot.

4. Rookies were Oliver, Ford, Singletary, Knox, D. Johnson, J. Johnson and Sweeney. Almost all of them played. Oliver looked good and Sweeney looked like we may had something in him. Singletary was great once he got a chance behind Gore. He had 4 rushes for 70 yards and 5 catches for 28 yards. He essentially changed the game since our first TD was all him. It was nice to see, since before he had a chance to show something Shady McCoy had like 6/60 for the Chiefs and people were questioning how we could let him go and keep Gore :)

5. Speaking of Gore, wow. We didn't like Moss running for 2 yards last 2 years but man Gore was something else. I don't want to bash someone with his career but he really looked slow and old in Bills uni.

6. Jets offense was Bell and Crowder. It was Bell's first game after a year and he looked good. Then he went on a disappointing season (789y, 3,2y AVG) and his career essentially ended. Other than them, Jets had nothing. Robbie Anderson had 3/23.

7. It's really interesting how similar our back 7 looked to what we have now. Edmunds, Milano, T.Johnson, Hyde, Poyer, White, Neal. Only Lorax and Levi Wallace are gone now.

8. There was a brutal turnover on Jets roster. It is only 3 years away, and unless I missed someone only CJ Mosley, Q.Williams, Braxton Berrios and LS Hennessy are on their current roster now. That's almost impossible to manage imo. EDIT: They also had LB Shepherd and DE Franklin-Myers as inactives so that's 6. For comparison, Bills have 21 from that day (including Phillips, Lawson and Marlowe who came back).

For fun I also read the game day thread :) Lots of hot takes even from reasonable posters, but you can imagine it was even worse than these days, since nobody knew what Allen will become and people were used to losing much more than today. If somebody has nothing to do:

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/217960-bills-at-the-jets-98-first-half-thread/

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/217961-98-bills-at-jets-second-half-thread/

It is worth mentioning that success of other relevant QBs on that day didn't help either. Ravens destroyed Dolphins 59-10 and Lamar was 17/20 for 324y and 5TDs. Mahomes was 25/33 for 378y and 3TDs, all of them to Sammy Watkins who had 9/198 lol.

Edited by No_Matter_What
added point 8.
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Beck Water said:

It's a fair point that it doesn't take a lot to get up to speed as a punt returner.  Guess will find out how sincere McBeane are when saying Shakir has been "doing a fine job" at PR.

Shakir could be doing a fine job and still be replaced by a stud PR. 

I am always worried when we play games that we should dominate. Even after 2 years of us kicking butt, games like this still make me nervous. We need to put the peddle to metal and not stop until we have to pull Josh in the 4th. No more of this slowing down crap to run the clock out. Being up by 28 points does a better job of that!!!! Also , living in NJ even the Jets fans are joking that they do not have a chance in hell to win this game. Lets hope that is 100% true!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, BillsBy50 said:

I have watched the last 6 Jets games the past few days. They always seem to play us tight and inspired, I expect the same or maybe more intensity on Sunday. Josh has had some historically sloppy games against them, let’s hope those days are behind us! 

Didn't we also wreck them in 2020 at the meadowlands? 

7 minutes ago, BillsBy50 said:

I have watched the last 6 Jets games the past few days. They always seem to play us tight and inspired, I expect the same or maybe more intensity on Sunday. Josh has had some historically sloppy games against them, let’s hope those days are behind us! 

For whatever reason -- maybe the recent sloppiness against the Packers, maybe the Jets' solid defense, maybe the recent Jets vs Bills final scores -- I don't think this is going to be an easy win this Sunday. I think the Bills will win, don't get me wrong. I just don't think it'll be a laugher.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.