Week 9: Bills at Jets - Sunday Nov. 6th 1pm

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Are we sure it wouldn’t be Dodson? Bernard and Milano seem similar, but I recall him struggling in coverage in preseason. That doesn’t mean he couldn’t have improved, but I might prefer Dodson. 

Im saying this entirely because I’m tired of high draft picks being given pseudo-redshirt years. 

Dodson may be the better option.  And that would be disappointing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Im saying this entirely because I’m tired of high draft picks being given pseudo-redshirt years. 

While the highly picked player may actually suck, high draft picks having redshirt years is often a sign of a talented, veteran laden team whose starting lineup is hard to crack. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yeah, the one poster said it well on here "we've gotten a lot of mileage out Hyde and Poyer"

I think we're seeing that Safety goes near the top of the list for next year. 

You can't depend on 30+ year olds in the Playoffs. 

They'll both be 32 next season, and nothing against them, but they're starting to break down. 

Yea, tough to see given Poyer’s contract status, but it’s time to move on past Hyde/Poyer.  

Let’s just manage Poyer throughout the season to make sure he’s healthy for the Playoffs. 

Maybe Hyde comes back next year.  

Regardless.. I think we’ll likely extend Edmunds, so draft a Safety in the first three rounds to pair with Hamlin.  Best case scenario, they can learn behind Hyde for a year. 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Am I the only one who DOESN'T want Tre's first game back to be on the MetLife turf?

I'd rather that his first game back be next week, on our home field against Minnesota.

Announce the defensive players rather than the offensive players in pre-game introductions. Let him hear the roar of Bills Mafia as he runs out of the tunnel.

High Mark is turf too correct? Whether it's this upcoming game or next it will be turf either way.

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

I give it about a 5% chance that he’s active for this game.

That's pretty low, obviously we don't know for sure yet.....but I feel like he will play this Sunday likely in some sort of limited capacity.

1 minute ago, Patrick Duffy said:

High Mark is turf too correct? Whether it's this upcoming game or next it will be turf either way.

Highmark is turf, but the turf in MetLife seems is reputed to be the worst in the league for causing injuries and the stats seem to back that up.

So we're looking at Jaquan/Marlowe & Hamlin at safety this week?

Has there been any indication how much Marlowe will play?  I've seen some vets get plugged into the starting lineup after a trade, but I'm assuming Jaquan Johnson still gets the start here and majority of the game. 

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Highmark is turf, but the turf in MetLife seems is reputed to be the worst in the league for causing injuries and the stats seem to back that up.

Oh ok, didn't know that. I always thought one of the worst was Bears Soldier Field. Or at least it was couple years back

2 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Oh ok, didn't know that. I always thought one of the worst was Bears Soldier Field. Or at least it was couple years back

Still is a bad field, but that's a grass field that is just poorly maintained.

Edited by The Wiz

2 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

So we're looking at Jaquan/Marlowe & Hamlin at safety this week?

Has there been any indication how much Marlowe will play?  I've seen some vets get plugged into the starting lineup after a trade, but I'm assuming Jaquan Johnson still gets the start here and majority of the game. 

Probably will be mainly for depth would be my guess. Although Marlowe knows this system for the most part, I don't believe he starts or anything. Probably just for insurance purposes in case of an injury and also will probably rotate from time to time.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Still is a bad field, but that's a grass field that is just poorly maintained.

Was it always grass though? Like few years back I recall a game where players and coaches complined about being unsafe when chunks came up. I don't remember if was natural grass then or not

1 minute ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Was it always grass though? Like few years back I recall a game where players and coaches complined about being unsafe when chunks came up. I don't remember if was natural grass then or not

I miss the days of the Oakland Coliseum still having the infield dirt from baseball. That was some exciting football turf!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

I believe it has been natural grass for a long time.  Apparently they are doing something new this year (which I didn't know) called GOG (GameOnGrass) which is a sand based sod grown in plastic.

There have been many issues with it already.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

That’s fair to be frustrated if a higher pick (one who many of us were surprised by during the draft) doesn’t get a lot of run their first year, but that’s not unusual for this team (or other deep teams). Dodson can cover though. In fact he’s also like Milano a bit athletically. Like Milano, ran in the 4.6s and has been in this system a while.

Hopefully, Milano plays, but if it is Dodson, I wouldn’t think negatively of Bernard. Just that we are a deep team and guys have to fight their way on the field. It’s a sign of roster strength. Same way I don’t feel bad about James Cook or our young safeties when they added Hines and Marlowe. It’s a deep team, and when there is an injury, they are going to play the guys they trust most and give them the best opportunity to win. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

That’s fair to be frustrated if a higher pick (one who many of us were surprised by during the draft) doesn’t get a lot of run their first year, but that’s not unusual for this team (or other deep teams). Dodson can cover though. In fact he’s also like Milano a bit athletically. Like Milano, ran in the 4.6s and has been in this system a while.

Hopefully, Milano plays, but if it is Dodson, I wouldn’t think negatively of Bernard. Just that we are a deep team and guys have to fight their way on the field. It’s a sign of roster strength. Same way I don’t feel bad about James Cook or our young safeties when they added Hines and Marlowe. It’s a deep team, and when there is an injury, they are going to play the guys they trust most and give them the best opportunity to win. 

If Milano doesn't play Dodson gets the start.  Bills are going to run up the score and when that happens Bernard will get his snaps.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.