Week 9: Bills at Jets - Sunday Nov. 6th 1pm

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, wjag said:

With the exception of maybe Philadelphia, most teams have sloppy drives and turnovers.  The difference is no one is paying attention to other teams.  The number of Bills national, prime time and big games coupled with the massive vegas odds to win each game, MVP and the bowl that has eluded us all brings intense weekly scrutiny.  Bills coast to victory against the Pack and the narrative is they slept through half of the game.  If the remainder of the season unfolds this way, I'd be very happy.  

The Eagles must have some sloppiness in there somewhere. They have more drives and less points than the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

How dare you question his anger?! A keyboard warrior must always protect their honor!

Squeeze me.  Not even edging towards angry.  Guy misrepresented what I said, I point out the context which made his response kinda silly, sarcastically (but politely) and he's all "Oh jesus calm down!" now he's all "what's wrong with you, You all angry" - it's ridiculous, I haven't posted a word that's angry or lacking in calm.

Now you're all jumping in like you know something.

SMDH.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

LOL

But being serious....the "well-timed" bit will probably take more than 3 practices to get down.

I'd like to see Hines out there returning punts this week, but being realistic, I don't think he's active for a week or 2 until he masters the playbook.  But after listening to his press conference I have no doubt he will do so in short order.  Stretch goal, wonder if we could see him for the Vikings?

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Well All Righty Then!  I am put straight!  We'll see Dorsey designing 8-10 plays that feature Hines on offense, just like SF did for CMC, and we'll see him taking 10-12 snaps on offense, which is about what James Cook has been seeing and about 2/3 of what Shakir took last couple games.

Wait, that's not what you're arguing? 

How about some context?  I was responding to a guy who said "I would bet there is) there isn't really any reason that Dorsey can't have 8-10 plays scripted up with Hines in mind. I expect him to be active this week as the prime PR and see 10-12 snaps...especially if we happen to get up big. He's a pro. "

Context matters.  I've said elsewhere that I thought we'd see Hines as a PR first, and it could be this week depending upon how sincere Beane was in saying Shakir had been doing a fine job there.  It's not alleged to be challenging weather in NJ at this point, sunny and mild with light winds.

Maybe mind your own store, and put a few less keyboard clicks telling me what I'm doing and what I should do?

19 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Squeeze me.  Not even edging towards angry.  Guy misrepresented what I said, I point out the context which made his response kinda silly, sarcastically (but politely) and he's all "Oh jesus calm down!" now he's all "what's wrong with you, You all angry" - it's ridiculous, I haven't posted a word that's angry or lacking in calm.

SMDH.

Yeah lets look at some context. In the first quoted post was the first time I see you comment on Hines.  Pretty clear in that post alone that you dont think he can be active or play until he learns the full playbook.  I then see a later comment that you are indicating he cant really play.  I said you were over thinking it and that he could return punts and probably have a few package plays that would be easy for him to learn.  There is zero reason to have him inactive until he learns the entire playbook.

You then try to be comical and you were condescending in your response.  To which I said calm down.  There was no need for your condescending aggressiveness.  Then you tell me to mind my business and stop telling you what to do basically.  It was my business.  You were being condescending towards me for zero reason. So, imo there is something wrong with you as you got an attitude over NOTHING.

There is your context. 

Edited by Scott7975

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

So if we learn to dominate then we would be +200 instead of +105 differential?

the “bills need to dominate lesser opponents” narrative is kinda funny to me when we lead the league in point differential last I checked. It happened once this year against Green Bay and people make it seem like a trend because it was the last game they saw and on National tv. Losing to Miami doesn’t count at all because with all the injuries and heat we were pretty evenly matched to start the game (even though we wouldn’t have been in normal circumstances). The other 2 close games we won were Ravens and KC, who will be in the playoffs, so.. yeah.  It DID become an issue at times last year - incidentally, after the bye - but it’s not a “thing” this year… yet.  These aholes need to stop before they speak it into existence 

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

The Eagles must have some sloppiness in there somewhere. They have more drives and less points than the Bills.

Eagles almost lost to an awful Cards team and only beat the Jags at home by 8. Do they need to learn to dominate inferior competition? We get tricked into seeing them as perfect because we are only seeing highlights.

SMDH.

Chill out. My response was a general statement about how people jump down other posters throats about perceived slights. You're a guy on a computer. He doesn't know you from Paddy in Dublin. Don't get all worked up. Don't be a Keyboard Warrior.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

Joe's breakdown of Zach Wilson's play this season is worth listening to. To summarize, Wilson is holding the ball for longer than almost any QB, but he isn't pushing the ball downfield, and when he does push the ball downfield it isn't going well. The Jets run a Shanahan scheme which is designed to get the ball out quick but Wilson isn't playing within the system which is leading to defensive pressure and he's performing extremely poorly under pressure. I don't expect him to suddenly turn it around against our defense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, appoo said:

Talented young players on the roster. Not nearly enough to for me to think they'll win Sunday, but they have some fun players, and Garrett Wilson is one of them

Now show that catch with a defender on him.

I'm sure high and behind him is exactly what he likes. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Joe's breakdown of Zach Wilson's play this season is worth listening to. To summarize, Wilson is holding the ball for longer than almost any QB, but he isn't pushing the ball downfield, and when he does push the ball downfield it isn't going well. The Jets run a Shanahan scheme which is designed to get the ball out quick but Wilson isn't playing within the system which is leading to defensive pressure and he's performing extremely poorly under pressure. I don't expect him to suddenly turn it around against our defense.

Wilson is trash. He did this his senior year at BYU when they played absolutely nobody and had a massive advantage at WR compared to the DBs they played. When he holds the ball for more than 2.7s he completes 19% of his passes. It’s actually comical just how bad he is 

1 hour ago, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

Wilson is trash. He did this his senior year at BYU when they played absolutely nobody and had a massive advantage at WR compared to the DBs they played. When he holds the ball for more than 2.7s he completes 19% of his passes. It’s actually comical just how bad he is 

Jets fans that want Mike White might not be wrong... He at least keeps the offense on schedule. With their defense, that might be enough to win some games that Zach Wilson would otherwise throw away.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Chill out. My response was a general statement about how people jump down other posters throats about perceived slights. You're a guy on a computer. He doesn't know you from Paddy in Dublin. Don't get all worked up. Don't be a Keyboard Warrior.

Oh, Good Grief.

This is Irony, Right?  Wait, wait, don’t tell me….

I’m off to talk football with someone who’s there for that, not two (:???) guys who are here to psychoanalyze other posters.  Peace out…have fun with your gig!

6 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Could have happened in the game, and he's 1 of the few players that doesn't need to practice but could still play on Sunday.

My guess:

1. Milano, Poyer, Brown will be ruled out tomorrow.  

2. Von and Tremaine questionable, but both play

3. Tre: I think we still sit him 1 more week, as he ramps up practice/football conditioning

Hope so.  Our most important game over the next four.  Need at least Von and Tremaine out there if Milano and Poyer are out.

Edited by Doc Brown

9 hours ago, jletha said:

Bills need to learn how to dominate...apparently.

Only a few short weeks after needing to learn how to win close. Next we need to learn how to tie?

All I know is we better see some MASSIVE criticism of the Eagles after tonight's game against one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Last week Buffalo dominated the 1st half and went up by 17 and seemed just happy to let Green Bay eat clock while getting some yards and points.

The Eagles were tied with one of the worst teams in football well into the 3rd quarter.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

All I know is we better see some MASSIVE criticism of the Eagles after tonight's game against one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Last week Buffalo dominated the 1st half and went up by 17 and seemed just happy to let Green Bay eat clock while getting some yards and points.

The Eagles were tied with one of the worst teams in football well into the 3rd quarter.

You're not wrong, but at this point it's just waiting to hoist the lombardi. Nothing else will do. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

It seems every time I've seen Wilson this year when he feels pressure he does these ridiculous long wide scrambles, and sometimes halts and backs up even more - by the time he tries to throw he's run like 20 useless yards behind the LOS and somehow ends up with more people in this face than when he started 

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.