Week 9: Bills at Jets - Sunday Nov. 6th 1pm

YoloinOhio

44 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Yep.  The guy's been around for a few years.  He's an experienced dude.  Shouldn't take him long to get up to speed.  We'll get a couple of chances to see him with the ball in his hands this week, and the following week should be all systems go.

It's a fair point that it doesn't take a lot to get up to speed as a punt returner.  Guess will find out how sincere McBeane are when saying Shakir has been "doing a fine job" at PR.

30 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Definitely agree.  But fans of the other team, and probably the other team, consider it whining - like we did when Brady was getting every call he demanded.

It’s definitely gamesmanship. 

It's the old George Carlin bit about stuff and *****.

For some reason, all of my ***** is stuff, but all of your stuff is *****.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

Should be a good test for our offensive line...

Been saying that all week to anyone who will listen.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Something many are forgetting...

In the last game of the year last year, a 27-10 win over these same Jets, Zach Wilson looked dreadful.  The Jets had 59 total yards of offense for the game and 40 of it came on a single pass play(to Crowder if I am not mistaken).  The Bills also played their backups for at least a quarter, so he did nothing against them either...

I honestly don't see the Jets doing much offensively this game, this is really bad matchup for a QB like Wilson especially with the Bills being so disciplined and always in the right spots defensively.

These aren’t quite the same Jets on the D side of the ball. 

• Agree 4

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Nope, not at all...but I am not talking about the D.  They can make things tougher for us on O, but I would expect our D runs roughshod over their offense much more than theirs will to us.

26 minutes ago, jletha said:

Bills need to learn how to dominate...apparently.

Only a few short weeks after needing to learn how to win close. Next we need to learn how to tie?

I think the issue is we are dominating but we're making so many sloppy mistakes on offense, which is making games closer than they should be. Defense, to date, less so.

• Agree 2

Von now a DNP today with an ankle, and Milano DNP again...WTF is with this team and their random injuries mid week??

Also interesting they list Miller as an LB instead of a DE...does that mean we technically are in a 3-3-5 formation and not a 4-2-5 standard nickel most snaps?

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Von now a DNP today with an ankle, and Milano DNP again...WTF is with this team and their random injuries mid week??

Also interesting they list Miller as an LB instead of a DE...does that mean we technically are in a 3-3-5 formation and not a 4-2-5 standard nickel most snaps?

No, he is required to be listed as a LB in order to wear #40

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

How did Von pick up an ankle injury when he didn't train yesterday?

Could have happened in the game, and he's 1 of the few players that doesn't need to practice but could still play on Sunday.

My guess:

1. Milano, Poyer, Brown will be ruled out tomorrow.  

2. Von and Tremaine questionable, but both play

3. Tre: I think we still sit him 1 more week, as he ramps up practice/football conditioning

• Agree 4

2 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Could have happened in the game, and he's 1 of the few players that doesn't need to practice but could still play on Sunday.

My guess:

1. Milano, Poyer, Brown will be ruled out tomorrow.  

2. Von and Tremaine questionable, but both play

3. Tre: I think we still sit him 1 more week, as he ramps up practice/football conditioning

Shouldn't the injury have shown up on the update yesterday, if he did it in the game?

I fear we'll be missing both Milano and Poyer on Sunday.

40 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I think the issue is we are dominating but we're making so many sloppy mistakes on offense, which is making games closer than they should be. Defense, to date, less so.

Sorry, but 200+ yds rushing by a team that was #1 in rush defense going into the game has surely a bunch of sloppy mistakes going on.

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

That's fair, but a lot depends upon how similar the terminology and play calls are between Carolina and SF.  One is listed as an "Air Coryell" offense and the other as a "WCO".  I *think* the terminology has the same structure, but not 100%.  So it might be more like going from Portuguese to Spanish than from Portuguese to Flemish.

The other thing is...I don't wanna be "that guy", but I guess I'm gonna.  CMC is a Big Star expected to be a Game Changer - the 49ers hope will transform their season from 3-4 pretenders into legit Contenders. 

Nyheim Hines in his best year on a playoff-contending Colts, was the #2 RB on the team and the #4 receiver on the team - and that was 2 seasons ago.  He is hoped to be, as Beane said "another guy that (offensive coordinator) Ken Dorsey and Josh (Allen) and the crew can use just as another offensive piece" on a 6-1 team currently first place in the AFC with the #2 point-scoring offense in the NFL.

The Game Changer is the guy you design 8-10 plays around on a short week in the hope of injecting some pep into your lackluster offense.

Excited as we are to add Nyheim Hines and to hope that he was a "bad fit" contributing to the Colts offense and will become a much more valuable piece here....8-10 plays is what, 1/4 to 1/3 of the weekly game plan?  Is that really what you do for "just another offensive piece" on a short week?

You are way over thinking this.  There is nothing much to learn returning punts.  Catch ball and follow the blocking scheme.  Its not hard for a RB to learn a few plays and contribute those few plays on a short week.  I dont expect much but I do expect him to be active and have a little involvement.

We really need to come out and make short work of NY this weekend. Have the game over with by the 3rd quarter and the backups playing by the 4th. Rest anyone and everyone of worth we possibly can. Hopefully it's just like the Pittsburgh game. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

They've played a bunch of bad teams. When they did play a decent team they've gotten handled pretty easy, losing to the Bengals and Ravens by 15 each. They've only played 1 high powered passing offense, the rest have been a bunch of below average to just plain bad passing attacks. Their biggest test of the year comes this Sunday against the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.