We need to start using Cook a lot more and just let Cook Cook!!!

Toyo321

What's the rush? we're less than halfway through the season. Now we got to see a bit of him and I'm sure there will be more as we go. Plus, despite everything we keep hearing, Singletary is actually fulfilling his job very well, even though he isn't flying down the field for 60 yard touchdowns.

This offense is already dominant, we have the highest point differential in the league (at least I think we still do). When the RB gets the ball on this team, the #1 concern is ball security. 

I think this comment from McDermott is telling:

Sounds like they were not happy with his practice habits earlier in the season. If you don't bring your A game to every single practice under this coaching staff, you will not get opportunities to play. Hopefully he's learned what it takes to succeed at the professional level and he can start being a major factor for the offense.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

He has such a high potential and his speed is deadly in the open field.

He has to get his rookie lumps along the way but he has to be in the game plan more.

And just a few weeks ago, lots of people on this board were borderline calling him a bust.

One encouraging thing from yesterday was Cook got through some arm tackles, or at least fell forward. That wasn't always the case in Georgia, he could get armed down and didn't always finish runs. I expected him to need an offseason or two to work on strength and conditioning, but it's a good sign for the short term that he can be effective enough now.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Sounds like they were not happy with his practice habits earlier in the season. If you don't bring your A game to every single practice under this coaching staff, you will not get opportunities to play. Hopefully he's learned what it takes to succeed at the professional level and he can start being a major factor for the offense.

It will be interesting to see how quickly he figures it all out.  He's surrounded by some consummate professionals, including Devin Singletary who, as Josh Allen says, does everything right and gets the most of out of his talent.   I believe Singletary worked out with Cook in Florida in the off season and has said he wants to provide him the same sort of mentoring for him that he got from Frank Gore.  Cook has no excuse not to excel. 

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

One encouraging thing from yesterday was Cook got through some arm tackles, or at least fell forward. That wasn't always the case in Georgia, he could get armed down and didn't always finish runs. I expected him to need an offseason or two to work on strength and conditioning, but it's a good sign for the short term that he can be effective enough now.

Yeah at one point I murmured congrats on breaking your first NFL tackle

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Nelius said:

They should just stop all of the cute McKenzie handoff stuff. Even if it were Shakir just stop it. Let them both be wide receivers, we have a real gadget guy now. Those 3 McKenzie sweeps a game or whatever should now transition to finding Cook out in space. I thought he looked great tonight. 

I didn't mind the sweep to Mckenzie that scored obviously. I think dorsey likes those sweeps with Mckenzie cuz it causes defenses account for him when he goes in motion. And use that motion later to open things up for other plays. Just like the cheifs loved to do with hill. But I agree that Mckenzie still hasn't impressed me this year with his gadget stuff. And I'd really like to see more of cook in space, especially LBs trying to cover him in space.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I think this comment from McDermott is telling:

He’s about to bust one to the house and everyone see a vapor trail 💨

23 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Cook would be much more effective if he didn't so obviously hate playing for this team in this city.

Can you imagine how explosive he'd be if he had a good attitude?

12 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

How in the world do you know what his attitude is?  Can you determine his favorite color and lucky number by watching him play football too?

Yes, yes I can. I can also tell which cheerleaders he's attracted to by his body language in the huddle.

• Dislike 1

20 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

That 30yd run by Motor would've been a TD by Cook

It would have been a TD by almost anyone but the slowest starting RB in the league. 

We need Cook in the worst way. I know people like Singletary because of his reputation for effort but he's seriously holding back this offense with his lack of athletic ability and strength/balance. Dude got brought down by a 1 hand slap on the knee, come on bruh.

So tired of seeing him do that thing where he pops up from being tackled bounces and slaps the ball like man i almost broke it to the house -- no you didn't sloth!

We need Cook's explosiveness underneath so bad, it will open up this offense so much more. It's the final missing piece. 

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.