NFL Banged Up Score (BUS) - Bills 6th healthiest team at this point in the season

Draconator

Just now, Draconator said:

Surprised me that we're so high up in the rankings. With Tre coming back and hoping Spencer Brown's ankle isn't a multi-week issue, this bodes well.

We are high up in the rankings because we are 5-1, if the score “quantifies how injuries affecting overall team position.”

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

We are high up in the rankings because we are 5-1, if the score “quantifies how injuries affecting overall team position.”

Good catch. Always read the fine print. We have not been very healthy at all this year. Fortunately we have the depth to get through and win games, but when healthy we are dominant. 

12 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

The Bills are very healthy.  Not sure how anyone could see it differently.  We have a few injuries but so does everyone after 6 games.  Coming out of the bye this is a very healthy team with Tre White coming back.  Bills are in a good spot.

Honque 

28 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

The Bills are very healthy.  Not sure how anyone could see it differently.  We have a few injuries but so does everyone after 6 games.  Coming out of the bye this is a very healthy team with Tre White coming back.  Bills are in a good spot.

yep.  Sucks that we won’t have Micah Hyde for the rest of the season but the younger plays have been doing alright so far.  Plus with TreDay about to return that may make the safeties’ job a little easier.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

Surprised me that we're so high up in the rankings. With Tre coming back and hoping Spencer Brown's ankle isn't a multi-week issue, this bodes well.

I'm wondering if they are grading on a curve.  With our backups performing well and our teams sustaining their successes not skipping a beat with the backups --  are they deeming Whites stand in a starter on par with White regardless that it's only because white is still not healthy to play, though he is close.

Edited by AuntieEm

4 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

Weird seeing KC so high on the list. KC fans made it seem likke they had half their team injird a week ago?! HUH.......

Definitely. KC fans have a huge blind spot to their team’s deficiencies. They always have a ready excuse for when they lose. 

• Like (+1) 1

Bills #3 at teams most affected by injuries based on lost AV 

Pretty impressive for them to still be rolling the way they are...

https://twitter.com/ManGamesLostNFL/status/1582884302215208960

Bills overall aren't as bad as we think with injuries tho...it's worse than we normally have which is top 5 least injured team, but still better than average 

Bills are around 12th in terms of man games lost to injury this year.

https://twitter.com/ManGamesLostNFL/status/1582885054606323712

PS: Why do these Twitter posts only embed sometimes when I post the link from my phone?? If I do it on my desktop it always does...drives me crazy

Edited by Big Turk

The only real metric here is the number of man games lost to starting players.  If you're going to mellow it out by somehow injecting the record, then it's not a real measure of the "healthiest" team.  The Bills are far from the 6th "healthiest" team.  What they are is leading the league in roster depth.  If you line up the games lost to starters and then look at the records, I bet the Bills would be #1 by a wide margin.  Unfortunately, I can't find any injury data on a league-wide basis, broken down by team. 

33 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The only real metric here is the number of man games lost to starting players.  If you're going to mellow it out by somehow injecting the record, then it's not a real measure of the "healthiest" team.  The Bills are far from the 6th "healthiest" team.  What they are is leading the league in roster depth.  If you line up the games lost to starters and then look at the records, I bet the Bills would be #1 by a wide margin.  Unfortunately, I can't find any injury data on a league-wide basis, broken down by team. 

Look at the above post, Bills are 12th in man games lost to injury this year...not as good as they normally are but still far healthier than many other teams.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Bills #3 at teams most affected by injuries based on lost AV 

Pretty impressive for them to still be rolling the way they are...

https://twitter.com/ManGamesLostNFL/status/1582884302215208960

Bills overall aren't as bad as we think with injuries tho...it's worse than we normally have which is top 5 least injured team, but still better than average 

Bills are around 12th in terms of man games lost to injury this year.

https://twitter.com/ManGamesLostNFL/status/1582885054606323712

PS: Why do these Twitter posts only embed sometimes when I post the link from my phone?? If I do it on my desktop it always does...drives me crazy

Good stuff.  I'd like to see the man games lost to starters.  The AV metric is interesting, but that all depends on how they measure AV.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.