Adding a RB

Stokes84

7 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

you are not.

So what’s the problem then? No one said don’t run it at all. Obviously take what the defense is giving you if they’re being that transparent about it.

Problem is we have one RB that can run through a hole.  Without Singletary we are a 1 dimensional team, which makes it easier for opponents to defend against the pass.  

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Don't you wonder, WHY?? 

Not really. We have Singletary, Moss, Cook and heaven forbid Jones already on the 53. I think Duke is there if we need him and could fill in for the 5-10 snaps a game if really needed. It's not like he is some scrub that couldn't handle filling in IMO.

• Disagree 1

I was low-key hoping Antonio Gibson might be odd man out in Washington after Robinson recovered from his walking-around-DC injury, but it looks like it's McKissic who is being phased out (good call staying put, lol).

I wonder if Beane would be able to swallow his bile to offer a 6 or 7 for Gibson. Signed through 2023 and could carry the mail should Singletary walk, albeit with long speed. Feels like he's more of a feature option than Duke, where McKissic is a mostly a better version of Duke.

Have not vetted for culture fit or anything, just wond'ring aloud.

• Like (+1) 1

Nothing we can do about it now, but I thought it was a mistake not to make a move for Kenneth Walker during the draft, who seems to be a ready made all-pro since taking over the starting job in Seattle.  He has the highest rate of missed tackles of any RB in the league...constantly makes something out of nothing.  Also has explosive big play ability and homerun speed.  The difference between Walker and James Cook (both taken in Round 2) is glaring.  Beane has been great in the draft overall but I think Walker would have been an instant impact addition vs. a longer term project, which is what Cook seems to be.

5 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Didn't Darrell Henderson play in that game too? Also throughout the broadcast the announcers kept saying although the backs aren't really gaining any yards, the Rams have to keep running to have that threat. 

Yes, he did slightly better.  4 carries for 7 yards 1.8 ypc

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Zack moss starting in the super bowl is a big thing imo

I dont think it is and I was banging the "never want to see Moss on the field again" drum before it was cool to do so around here.  

3 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Problem is we have one RB that can run through a hole.  Without Singletary we are a 1 dimensional team, which makes it easier for opponents to defend against the pass.  

Another problem is next year our RB room looks weak.  Sure I think Cook will improve but I think Moss may be done and Singletary is a FA.  It would be nice if the FO could pick up an RB that would not only finish out this season but be here for next year as well.  It would help build year over year continuity.  It's a downside to the Hunt pickup, Hunt will want big bucks for 2023, so he really looks like a half season rental.

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes, he did slightly better.  4 carries for 7 yards 1.8 ypc

I dont think it is and I was banging the "never want to see Moss on the field again" drum before it was cool to do so around here.  

Cool.  Let’s both hope we never have to see this come to fruition.  Stay healthy Motor.  Moss blows.  

On 10/26/2022 at 7:21 AM, Mafioso said:

Nothing we can do about it now, but I thought it was a mistake not to make a move for Kenneth Walker during the draft, who seems to be a ready made all-pro since taking over the starting job in Seattle.  He has the highest rate of missed tackles of any RB in the league...constantly makes something out of nothing.  Also has explosive big play ability and homerun speed.  The difference between Walker and James Cook (both taken in Round 2) is glaring.  Beane has been great in the draft overall but I think Walker would have been an instant impact addition vs. a longer term project, which is what Cook seems to be.

He looks like the best RB in football

On 10/26/2022 at 7:04 AM, Solomon Grundy said:

Don't you wonder, WHY?? 

Well Motor and Cook are locks, and they started the year once again hopeful that Moss could get better.

He hasn't and his snap count has been dropping and he didn't play in the KC game.

I can see a pretty decent chance Duke gets a call-up from the PS for a game or two in the future.

If he plays well a change could be in order.

Moss is fighting for his life to be on the team next season IMO.

• Agree 1

On 10/26/2022 at 10:21 AM, Mafioso said:

I get that....but we really haven't given Cook enough touches to give him a chance.  His last touch against the Steelers was a dandy 

32 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

GMFB says somebody put out a Tweet (not Elon Musk) that Alvin Kamara maybe available. Any interest?? He's only a "Saint" in New Orleans😎

From a talent standpoint I'd be 100% in on Kamara. But the last thing we need is Alvin whooping some dude in Dave & Busters because they grabbed the last set of Minecraft trading cards in the ticket cash in line. 🤣

In all seriousness though, I don't see Beane giving up assets for a guy with the sort of pending legal issues that Kamara is currently facing.

On 10/26/2022 at 9:40 AM, Ralonzo said:

I was low-key hoping Antonio Gibson might be odd man out in Washington after Robinson recovered from his walking-around-DC injury, but it looks like it's McKissic who is being phased out (good call staying put, lol).

I wonder if Beane would be able to swallow his bile to offer a 6 or 7 for Gibson. Signed through 2023 and could carry the mail should Singletary walk, albeit with long speed. Feels like he's more of a feature option than Duke, where McKissic is a mostly a better version of Duke.

Have not vetted for culture fit or anything, just wond'ring aloud.

I think Gibson would be a good fit as well.  

• Agree 1

On 10/28/2022 at 7:31 AM, Bruffalo said:

I think Gibson would be a good fit as well.  

And Jeff wilson, low key one of the fastest top speed RBs in the NFL but also has elite cut back skills (unlike brieda who is all speed). And he's 100% a mcd guy. My best friend is a niner season ticket holder and says every game wilson is hyping up the team and always high fiving the defense when they come off, doesn't whine and complain. I think he would be a solid tandem with motor.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.