Adding a RB

Stokes84

How about Ronald  Jones? He wants out of KC and is currently asking to be released. Former 2018 2nd round pick with a chip on his shoulder and runs hard, low mileage. Thought he played well in Tampa until Leonard Fournette replaced him. I imagine he could carve out the Zach Moss role and think it would be a good fit. Also, if Singletary isn't resigned next season, a one two punch with Jones and Cook could be our back up plan. Could probably get him for a 6th round pick or 20 Barbill CWs.

Edited by bobshaw81

On 10/21/2022 at 9:30 AM, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Motor is a damn good back. 

Let's get Cook some more touches and see whats there, and mayyyybe give Duke a shot? 

Im hopeful we start working Cook into the mix a little.  I’m thinking 5-7 short passes could work.  Motor is our workhorse back.  We can pull up Duke if we need a Back.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, bobshaw81 said:

How about Ronald  Jones? He wants out of KC and is currently asking to be released. Former 2018 2nd round pick with a chip on his shoulder and runs hard, low mileage. Thought he played well in Tampa until Leonard Fournette replaced him. I imagine he could carve out the Zach Moss role and think it would be a good fit. Also, if Singletary isn't resigned next season, a one two punch with Jones and Cook could be our back up plan. Could probably get him for a 6th round pick or 20 Barbill CWs.

Not a bad idea but KC sending us anyone this year is a stretch.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bills stand still in the RB room. Moss is likely back active this week. If they want to make a move or there is an injury they will promote Duke from the PS. 

That said the one name I think is the most possible IF the Bills try and grab someone here is Jeff Wilson from SF. With CMC in town, Elijah Mitchell coming off IR and rookie Davis-Price...Wilson may be available. I would imagine a day 3 pick. If a move is made I just don't see them moving for a big name guy.

On 10/26/2022 at 7:21 AM, Mafioso said:

Nothing we can do about it now, but I thought it was a mistake not to make a move for Kenneth Walker during the draft, who seems to be a ready made all-pro since taking over the starting job in Seattle.  He has the highest rate of missed tackles of any RB in the league...constantly makes something out of nothing.  Also has explosive big play ability and homerun speed.  The difference between Walker and James Cook (both taken in Round 2) is glaring.  Beane has been great in the draft overall but I think Walker would have been an instant impact addition vs. a longer term project, which is what Cook seems to be.

Just go out and draft Blake Corum ( Michigan) in the 64th pick.  Runs a 4.4 and has much better cut back vision than Motor. Keep developing Cook.

On 10/29/2022 at 10:16 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

Just go out and draft Blake Corum ( Michigan) in the 64th pick.  Runs a 4.4 and has much better cut back vision than Motor. Keep developing Cook.

Disagree.  Corum has the benefit of playing behind one of the best OL's in college football.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.