Allen back to back offensive player of the week

loyal2dagame

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ryan passed a bunch and put up numbers, but Josh was clutch in a brutal heavy weight battle. Watching both games it becomes clear who had the bigger game.

After watching both games, I have to agree that while Ryan had a day, Josh performed in a class of his own.

An MVP level of command, control and execution IMO.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

How did Matt Ryan not get this, this week?

42-58

389 Yards

3 TD

0 INT

0 Sacks

EDIT:  I realize Josh won because it was against a better opponent in a bigger game and he put up crazy numbers with far fewer pass attempts.  I was just saying, stats-wise, Ryan had a great day.

Josh humbled the Rat.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

and they werent even against Miami this time.

My favorite related stat was that Josh had more player of the week awards AGAINST THE DOLPHINS than Tua had 300 yard games.

4 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Also, Allen hurdled a dude. 

After breaking a dude's ankles.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Airseven said:

Allen deserves it obviously. And Quinnen Williams for defensive POW. Wow. I thought Barmore would be the best DL in division but we may have a another breakout star.

Maybe. But the Jets have had a long string of early pick DLs who flounder, then play well in their contract year, then burn out or get moved. We'll see if Williams can sustain this performance through this year, and/or through a couple of seasons.

Wilkerson, Ellis, Coples, Richardson, Leonard Williams, Quinnen Williams....

The team seems to be on a better track now, I'll give them that.

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah I was a little surprised too...Ryan had 389 yards and 3 TDs with 0 INTs and a higher completion percentage(72.4%).  Maybe they factored in the competition. Chiefs >>>> Jaguars

Exactly. The Bills/ Chiefs game wasn't just about the numbers but what was potentially at stake for both teams moving forward. 

Colts/Jags doesn't scream SEXY..

16 hours ago, Gugny said:

How did Matt Ryan not get this, this week?

42-58

389 Yards

3 TD

0 INT

0 Sacks

EDIT:  I realize Josh won because it was against a better opponent in a bigger game and he put up crazy numbers with far fewer pass attempts.  I was just saying, stats-wise, Ryan had a great day.

It was pry a close call.  However, Allen had a higher passer rating, yards per attempt was 8.2 to 6.7, beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead for the first time in the regular season since the Bills beat him last year, led a 96 yard drive with over a minute left before the half, led the game winning drive, and hurdled a guy.  Ryan played great but it was in a cozy dome versus an average opponent.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

Allen threw 3 impressive TD passes.  I read this yesterday: Knox COULD NOT hear Allen in the huddle.  It was so loud that he was forced to read lips.  So he really didn’t know for sure what play Allen called.  Crazy. 

1 hour ago, wjag said:

Allen threw 3 impressive TD passes.  I read this yesterday: Knox COULD NOT hear Allen in the huddle.  It was so loud that he was forced to read lips.  So he really didn’t know for sure what play Allen called.  Crazy. 

And then during the play Josh was motioning him to go inside and he still didn't understand, lol. Josh just willed that TD to happen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.