Devin Singletary appreciation thread

extrahammer

How about Devin Singletary playing really well yesterday...

107 total yards

17 carries 85 rush yards 5.0 ypc

Love to see it! I know he missed a key block when we were pinned deep, but to show some life at a run game besides Allen was nice to see and I'll take it any day of the year. 

Edited by extrahammer
more context
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

107 total yards

Love to see it!!

He was the usual Devin Singletary.........which is very good.........dude is a career 4.7 yards per carry back.   

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

Bills attacking the edges...I think they found something...they have been very good on those runs all year, up until the Steelers game tho, they just didn't do much of it...kept trying to run up the middle.

I am willing to bet the KC game featured a lot more pin and pull type blocking than zone blocking.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

107 total yards

Love to see it! I know he missed a key block when we were pinned deep, but to show some life at a run game besides Allen was nice to see and I'll take it any day of the year. 

He's a very good back and I think he rightfully should continue to be the bell cow.

Minus a run where he missed a lane and got stuffed, he's a phenomenal back and gaining a ton of confidence from the coaches and teammates. 

I've been saying all year, Dorsey needs to rev that motor!

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

107 total yards

I don't know if he necessarily missed that block. Josh didn't follow him through the hole. Josh stepped up to try to suck Bolton up before he cut back, and it didn't work. Had he just followed Motor, Bolton would have been sealed. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Stanley Lombardi said:

Take it from one who knows:  Josh Allen openly and repeatedly gushes over Singletary.

Clear to me that Josh is not in favor of a trade for another RB.

I think he’s also telling Beane to find the money to keep him long term.

I doubt that Singletary will even negotiate.  He’ll be happy to stay right here with a modest contract.

13 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

With all the debate on how terrible run blocking is. How terrible the 3 backs are. 
Turns out as many said they just needed to commit a little bit more and get everyone into a rhythm. 
Good film for the team to look at over the bye. 

This.  This is what I have been pounding the table for all season.  

RB’s need rhythm, and so do the OL as different backs have different running styles.  To see Devin keep being effective early in games and then see Moss get in and play a while was maddening.  

You just can not run the ball if you don’t call run plays.  And you definitely can’t run the ball consistently if that when you do run the ball you aren’t running with your best RB.

We saw it last year, the moment (halftime adjustment in Bucs game) they featured Devin and committed to getting the run game involved, everything changed.  We didn’t lose again until the 13 seconds debacle and Devin’s production during that stretch would have been 1400 yards and 17 TDs projected over a full season.  

Not saying CMC for example isn’t an upgrade, but I am saying we are capable of having an effective run game when we truly commit to getting it going and utilize our best runner in Devin.

• Agree 1

He's been steady. He seems to always emerge as "the guy" of the backfield no matter who else they bring in to compete. 

Not the fastest dude but super shifty with some gnarly cutting ability, pretty good vision, and really really good contact balance. 

I'm sure they wanna get Cook more involved but they always move things pretty slowly with rookies. 

I really wanted to like Zach Moss. I gotta be one of the last fans still holding out a shred of hope he can be somewhat productive...or at least get a late round draft pick for or something. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.