NFL Week #6 - Around the NFL - (Thread for NFL games other than the Bills at the Chiefs)

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Giants beat the Packers on a neutral site. They face the Ravens this week at home.   Should the Giants really be 5.5 point underdogs? 

Giants have all the hallmarks of the 2008 Bills, who started the year 5-1 but didn’t have the roster to maintain that pace. Odds makers can see that.

• Agree 1

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Giants have all the hallmarks of the 2008 Bills, who started the year 5-1 but didn’t have the roster to maintain that pace. Odds makers can see that.

I think every NFC team is a mirage.  I just don't think the Ravens are good. And the Giants DC Wink Martindale likley knows Lamar's flaws better than any DC in the league. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Giants beat the Packers on a neutral site. They face the Ravens this week at home.   Should the Giants really be 5.5 point underdogs? 

Every week people are basically saying "this is the week we see the real Giants and their lack of talent shows"

I've expected that team since week 1 but they keep getting the job done. I'd be shocked if they can sustain it much longer, but hats off to Daboll, he's done a much better job than I thought he would

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

I think they remind me of the 2017 Bills. Bad salary cap situation coming in with a bunch of bloated, bad contracts and them taking the hit this year to rectify it. Yet somehow they play ay above what is expected.

The Bills had $54 million in dead cap when they cut and traded all those bad contracts away, the Giants have over $43 million in dead cap this year.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Go Vikings.  Go Packers.  Go Bills.

I am probably a weirdo but I am rooting for Jets tonight. I find Rodgers completely insufferable, and I don't mind Jets winning some games. I want Patriots to end up dead last in the division and I see no harm in Jets having some success. They are no competition to Bills at this point anyway.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I am probably a weirdo but I am rooting for Jets tonight. I find Rodgers completely insufferable, and I don't mind Jets winning some games. I want Patriots to end up dead last in the division and I see no harm in Jets having some success. They are no competition to Bills at this point anyway.

Set your emotions aside and focus on the goal. We should want every AFCE opponent to lose to an NFC opponent

Edited by Fan in Chicago

2 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Huh?  You are a weirdo. Why would any Bills fan ever root for a team in our division against an NFC opponent? They theoretically could be in 1st place at the end of the day if they win.  They are a very legitimate football team. 

4 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

He is a douche, but it is the J-E-T-S

2 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Huh?  You are a weirdo. Why would any Bills fan ever root for a team in our division against an NFC opponent? They theoretically could be in 1st place at the end of the day if they win.  They are a very legitimate football team. 

I don't know how to cross quote between threads but this is what you wrote recently:

"Today will be the day we remember as the day the Bills began their march to 4 straight Super Bowls victories."

And now you are telling me you care about Jets game because they could become a threat for 2022 Bills?

9 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Why do Sunday Ticket blackout games that are not in our market? 

It's only if it's in your local market. Unless you are registered at a different address or something and forgot to change it.

Blacked out in local markets because the networks carry it

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.