[Name Only Title] Antonio Gibson

gonzo1105

I almost hate starting a topic about another Running back after the McCaffery ones and I'm not even sure the Bills are in the market for one but it appears that Antonio Gibson is getting benched for Rookie RB Brian Robinson. They also signed J.D. McKissick to be their 3rd down back after he reneged on signing with the Bills this offseason.

He is only 24, he is under contract through next season. Has starting experience, is explosive, and can catch the ball. I think this is a guy I would make a play on for a mid round pick. His contract is super cheap as well and protects the Bills against Devin Singletary's impending Free Agency next year. 

Somehow it appears he has ended up in the Washington doghouse and him splitting reps with Singletary this year and then Cook next year would be pretty ideal in my mind. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 3

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

No way we trade with WAS after the McKissic debacle.

This is a logical take in my opinion. Forgot about that side of things when I created the thread. 

For the people who are hating the idea, he had 4.7 yards on average as a rookie, 4.0 in his second year, and has essentially been benched in his 3rd year. Anyone ever consider that Washington has one of the worst cultures, offenses, a HC who doesn't know offense etc and that a guy might be checked out and would flourish in the Bills faster uptempo, culture built team. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

I don't really see him as being a huge upgrade. We already have Singletary who is similar. Why are we trading an asset for a guy who is going to give us what we already have?

If you are making a trade it has to be for someone who is far better than what you have and who will put you over the top.

Gibson isn't even close to that. What RB gets benched for a rookie if he is that kinda player?

Edited by Big Turk

Just now, Big Turk said:

I don't really see him as being a huge upgrade. We already have Singletary who is similar. Why are we trading an asset for a guy who is going to give us what we already have.

Its not about upgrading Singletary. Its about upgrading whats behind him and protecting your Running Back room for next year. I'm not asking for him to come in and be the lead back. He's way better than Moss and he's better than James Cook right now. It allows Cook to do what he does best, catch passes. Singletary and Gibson split the carries. 

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Its not about upgrading Singletary. Its about upgrading whats behind him and protecting your Running Back room for next year. I'm not asking for him to come in and be the lead back. He's way better than Moss and he's better than James Cook right now. It allows Cook to do what he does best, catch passes. Singletary and Gibson split the carries. 

Dude, they don't run the ball much as it is, so there aren't even carries to split. I mean what, he gets 5 carries a game? 

No thanks. Any RB trade they would make would have to be for a game changer type player for it to be worth it.

Edited by Big Turk

17 minutes ago, 947 said:

That's the kind of RB trade I can see happening. We're not trading a 1st rounder for anybody, but Gibson could probably be had for a 3rd or 4th.

If you’re gonna do that, might as well just save the 3rd or 4th round pick and draft a RB with it.  That’s a hella high pick for a 2/3rd running back.  I mean, Pacheco was drafted in the 7th.   Absolutely no reason to trade for a guy like this with that high of a draft pick. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

He doesn't put our team over the top like McCaffrey can. It would be like a lateral move. No thanks

You’re saying he’s as good as Zack moss?

It’s a much different move than a mccaffery move.  In this case, he would compliment Motor.  He would add speed that Moss doesn’t have. And power that cook doesn’t have.  He would be rb1b to motors rb1a.  It may not put us over the top like mcaffery, but it could put us over the top.  Does it really matter by how much?  The price will be much lower as well and he’s still playing under his rookie contract next season.  You’re comparing apple to oranges even though they play the same position. 

Edited by NewEra

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.