Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

19 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

suuuuuure. 

I just watched a highlight video that consisted of either A) McCaffrey running through a gaping hole and usually being put on the ground by the first tackler or B) McCaffrey catching a bunch of circle routes and checkdowns for 8 yards.

The only thing he does better than Singletary is catching the ball naturally and the screen game is barely a second thought in this offense.

I have zero interest in giving up any draft capital that we're desperately going to need to maintain a winning franchise with Allen when we're pressed hard up against the cap, when the return is going to be the rental of an older guy at a devalued position that is no better than what we already have.

12 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

I'll have some of what this guy's smoking!

' ere .........

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

More power than McCaffrey? More misses than him? Please don't get me wrong but I am the world's most renown, leading expert on all things McCaffrey and it seems you haven't done your homework if this is what you are insinuating...:cry:

Singletary is more reliable than McCaffrey though. I’m amazed the latter hasn’t broken down with a season ending injury already.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Simon said:

I just watched a highlight video that consisted of either A) McCaffrey running through a gaping hole and usually being put on the ground by the first tackler or B) McCaffrey catching a bunch of circle routes and checkdowns for 8 yards.

The only thing he does better than Singletary is catching the ball naturally and the screen game is barely a second thought in this offense.

I have zero interest in giving up any draft capital that we're desperately going to need to maintain a winning franchise with Allen when we're pressed hard up against the cap, when the return is going to be the rental of an older guy at a devalued position that is no better than what we already have.

' ere .........

well, shoot I wasn’t aware you watched a highlight video. I defer to your expertise I guess.

• Haha (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Simon said:

' ere .........

The screen game was supposed to be a big part of their offense this season according to Dorsey.

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

well, shoot I wasn’t aware you watched a highlight video. I defer to your expertise I guess.

The posted video I referred to was what started the discussion.

But thanks for the insulting snark for giving my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

The screen game was supposed to be a big part of their offense this season according to Dorsey.

Not with this OLine, it won't be.

I currently couldn't find our screen game with a map and a compass.

40 minutes ago, Simon said:

' ere .........

You watched the wrong videos... also why would we rent McCaffrey? He should be extended for as long as Josh is here. While we are at it we should trade for Kuechly and play him only during playoffs and Super Bowl, he then coaches during regular season games...

23 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

He really should be paying me for my expertise in this field known as McCaffrology🧐

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Simon said:

Not with this OLine, it won't be.

I currently couldn't find our screen game with a map and a compass.

This is one of the areas I think is more important to address if trading picks that are of any value. While the OL has been fairly decent I'd prefer see what could be done there 1st

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, SWATeam said:

That's right!

Plus, I predict McCaffery will be working radio by years end anyways!

What's Mike Gillislee up too?  Maybe we could bring him back and right the wrong of letting him and his 5.7 YPC go.  That could fix the RB room

Plus, why would McCaffery want to come to a franchise that hired a defensive minded HC (Jauron 2.0) when we had the opportunity to get with the times and hire a guy like Reich?  And that hired the coach before the GM!  That will never work!

You're a legend.

I was wrong about how long Shady was willing to tarnish his rep by playing as a sub-league average RB..........I thought for sure he'd stop playing when he stopped being paid big bucks..........though ultimately I was right that he would become a third rate talking head.   And he's awful at it.  :lol:

The Gillislee story was funny..........I simply said the Bills should have given him the slightly more expensive,  but still cheap, higher tender and you weaklings tried to troll me like I was over valuing the RB position :lol:.........that don't work.........everyone knows I don't value the RB position.    But, ya' know there IS a baseline for adequate RB play........and turrible, washed-up Mike Tolbert wasn't up to the task.   And,  as I predicted Shady fell off a cliff while he would have STILL been on his Eagles contract......... with his ypc dropping a yard and a half.

And the story behind the "Jauron 2.0" fabrication was people like yourself who insisted that McBeane were tanking to get the #1 overall pick in the summer of 2017............while I said they were NOT tanking but rather planning to Jauron-ball their way into the hunt.    As usual........I was right.

As for whether they should have hired Beane in January of 2017?   Absolutely.   It made no sense to do it the way they did.   Maybe Josh Allen can eventually largely erase that mistake but the QB they traded because they didn't have the GM of the future in place has won a league MVP and a SB and been to 2 SB's and 4 straight AFCCG's and eliminated the Bills twice.    Facts.   So yeah..........they basically created their own biggest obstacle with that dicking around they did with the GM position..........likely knowing full well they were going to hire Beane all along.    

But yes.........thanks for pointing out some excellent takes by me......appreciate it. :beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Chiefs trade. CMC is not worth a first rounder. It's smart to keep our first rounder and replenish our secondary.

We’re talking a 30th-32nd pick. Let’s be realistic. You never have that many 1st round prospect grades in any given year. So we’re basically talking about a 2nd round graded player at our 1st round pick in 2023.

I think the key with McCaffery is the contract. Is he open to a restructure and possible pay cut to finish out his career in Buffalo. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

38 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We’re talking a 30th-32nd pick. Let’s be realistic. You never have that many 1st round prospect grades in any given year. So we’re basically talking about a 2nd round graded player at our 1st round pick in 2023.

I think the key with McCaffery is the contract. Is he open to a restructure and possible pay cut to finish out his career in Buffalo. 

McCaffery is always injured now. That's why he's not worth a first rounder, or 2nd, or 3rd. Respectively, McCaffery is performing great in fantasy stats, but his prior years, he's always injured.

Now, we also have to get replacements for Micah Hyde, and Jordan Poyer, to coach up. I prefer we keep our picks to draft defensive players because our current ones are on the wrong side of 30.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

There is always the option to package together picks and move up.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

McCaffery is always injured now. That's why he's not worth a first rounder, or 2nd, or 3rd. Respectively, McCaffery is performing great in fantasy stats, but his prior years, he's always injured.

Now, we also have to get replacements for Micah Hyde, and Jordan Poyer, to coach up. I prefer we keep our picks to draft defensive players because our current ones are on the wrong side of 30.

Ankle sprain, Ankle sprain, hammy, thigh strain, and shoulder sprain over a 2 year period. 

A lot of injuries in only 2 years yes, but sometimes you’re just unlucky. Before that he missed 1 game in his entire football life. That includes 3 full NFL seasons.

We’re replacing 1 of Poyer/Hyde next year with a cheap option. Likely already on the team in Hamlin. Bills can restructure Josh Allen to creat a lot of space.

The biggest thing is with Josh Allen’s contract the Bills can push a lot of cap into the future and worry about it years down the road. Cap wise we’re good. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We’re replacing 1 of Poyer/Hyde next year with a cheap option. Likely already on the team in Hamlin. Bills can restructure Josh Allen to creat a lot of space.

The biggest thing is with Josh Allen’s contract the Bills can push a lot of cap into the future and worry about it years down the road. Cap wise we’re good. 

So much speculation and assumptions. Please don't.

On your previous post regarding McCaffery, you also speculated that he'll take a pay cut to be on this team. Fat chance.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.