James Cook TD Run

wppete

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Why was Zack Miss lol drafted?

You mean 1 year after Devin was a rookie and split time with Gore?   Because he was still unproven.  And showing how ridiculous your comment is, Moss isn't any faster than Devin...but you can't even keep the narrative straight lol.

Literally, this isn't that complicated dude.  You are just desperately trying to prove a narrative that you want to sell.

Edited by Alphadawg7

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You mean 1 year after Devin was a rookie and split time with Gore?   Because he was still unproven.  And showing how ridiculous your comment is, Moss isn't any faster than Devin...but you can't even keep the narrative straight lol.

Literally, this isn't that complicated dude.  You are just desperately trying to prove a narrative that you want to sell.

Actually he’s right and your wrong on this one. For the last 2 years the Bills have tried to replace Singletary. His contract is up and the end of the year and I’m pretty sure you won’t be able to say they drafted Cook to “complement” him as he’ll be somewhere else but not here. 

Bills fans sitting here arguing about what running back on the roster could do what James Cook did on that run.

But regardless if your favorite back is Devin Singletary or Zack Moss, the facts are that neither run for 24-yard Touchdowns that often.

So start with getting ineffective Zack Moss off the field and give his reps to James Cook.

No Bills RB is getting 15-20 rushing attempts anyways.

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

Actually he’s right and your wrong on this one. For the last 2 years the Bills have tried to replace Singletary. His contract is up and the end of the year and I’m pretty sure you won’t be able to say they drafted Cook to “complement” him as he’ll be somewhere else but not here. 

Im not saying he will be resigned, that is a completely different conversation (this one is supposed to be about whether Devin could make that same TD run or not).  But Cook was brought in to be a complimentary RB, not a feature RB.  Whether it is to Devin or to someone else, he wasn't drafted with the intent on being a featured 3 down RB.  Just like how they went after McKissick first and then signed Duke when that fell apart.  Cook may at some point prove he can be a feature runner, but that will be a bonus, not the point of why he was drafted.  I mean even Beane talked about what they were looking for with Cook, a guy who can be that receiving weapon out of the backfield after McKissick decided to reup with Washington instead.  

But more importantly, none of that has anything to do with the conversation of the false narrative that Devin was too slow to make that same TD run, which is what he was replying about in the first place. 

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

As an officer in then Sadness Brigade, his job is to spread as much sadness and doubt throughout TBD.  To drop bait after bait after bait until he gets a bite. When he finally gets a a poster hooked, his objective is to keep said poster on the hook as long as possible to inflict as much sadness and doubt on the poor soul, with hope of relegating them to a lifetime of clopidigrel and losartan.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im not saying he will be resigned, that is a completely different conversation (this one is supposed to be about whether Devin could make that same TD run or not).  But Cook was brought in to be a complimentary RB, not a feature RB.  Whether it is to Devin or to someone else, he wasn't drafted with the intent on being a featured 3 down RB.  Just like how they went after McKissick first and then signed Duke when that fell apart.  Cook may at some point prove he can be a feature runner, but that will be a bonus, not the point of why he was drafted.  I mean even Beane talked about what they were looking for with Cook, a guy who can be that receiving weapon out of the backfield after McKissick decided to reup with Washington instead.  

But more importantly, none of that has anything to do with the conversation of the false narrative that Devin was too slow to make that same TD run, which is what he was replying about in the first place. 

I agree with this. 

At Georgia, Cook was a complimentary back.

His Scouting Report coming into the NFL was a change of pace back, unlikely to see his “carry count get very high” due to his thinner lower half.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/james-cook/3200434f-4f15-1970-d2e5-e575c819187c

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

12 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Agree....he didn't do some of the unnecessary side stepping we see from Singletary & Moss. Just glad he got some touches and confidence. 

And instead of following the blockers he ran to the hole they created by design. Moss in particular follows the blockers too often instead of to where the play was designed to be run. 

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Well. I will concede. I don’t think Singletary is too slow to make that play yesterday. But I do question his ability to actually find the right hole or make the right cut to actually have a chance to outrun the defenders in the play. 

fyi I didn’t watch your video. I’ve seen every Singletary play he’s ever made. I have no doubts he has the physical abilities to be a good RB. I just question his instincts and football intelligence when it comes to running the football. Every player has some good plays. They are in the nfl after all. I feel like his good plays are few and far between (1 a game at most) and his average plays need to be more effective. 

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

31 to 3 in Q4.
I’m not getting overly excited about this run, neither should you. 

Okay, but this point doesn't make a lot of sense. 

Callers on the pregame show were talking about hopefully the Bills are in a blowout situation, so then they can give James Cook the football and "get his confidence going". 

Why is it necessary to wait until the 4th Quarter to mix in James Cook? 

If the Bills started the game with a James Cook run, what would happen. First play, hand off to James Cook for 3-yards. 

We are overthinking this a lot. He can carry the ball in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th quarters. He's not some 4th Quarter blowout closer only. 

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Why was Zack Miss lol drafted?

McDermott

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.