OJ's in town

Shaw66

I just met OJ in the lobby of the Courtyard at the airport.  He was sitting with a couple of guys, just hanging out.  A few fans came up and asked for selfies.  I'm not a selfie guy. 

He was wearing a Bills cap with, of course, the standing buffalo.

He was relaxed and smiling.   He said he's doing well, and his kids are happy.  He said all is good when your kids are happy.  

I told him he's the subject of debate around here about the best Bills running back of all time, and that the old guys around here have to explain that it isn't Thurman.  One of his companions sat there, nodding his head and smiling.  

Man's been through a lot, and probably deservedly so.  Many think he deserved greater punishment.  He took what the system imposed on him and has moved on, and I'm happy for him if he's found some peace.    

• Like (+1) 10
  • Vomit 9
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 16

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

I just met OJ in the lobby of the Courtyard at the airport.  He was sitting with a couple of guys, just hanging out.  A few fans came up and asked for selfies.  I'm not a selfie guy. 

He was relaxed and smiling.   He said he's doing well, and his kids are happy.  He said all is good when your kids are happy.  

I told him he's the subject of debate around here about the best Bills running back of all time, and that the old guys around here have to explain that it isn't Thurman.  One of his companions sat there, nodding his head and smiling.  

Man's been through a lot, and probably deservedly so.  Many think he deserved greater punishment.  He took what the system imposed on him and has moved on, and I'm happy for him if he's found some peace.    

Fell on tough times if he has to stay at the Courtyard. I mean, I stay at Courtyards but my life would be considered tough times for a celebrity…

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Fell on tough times if he has to stay at the Courtyard. I mean, I stay at Courtyards but my life would be considered tough times for a celebrity…

Oh, yeah.   He's traveling in our circles now, I suspect. 

But if he's at SoFi last week and Buffalo this week he is still doing better than a lot of folks.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Shaw, you’re a forgiving man.  He recvd just punishment for the later crimes, but too murder you're wife and her lover is disgraceful.  

Why the guy didn’t just divorce her is beyond me.  I’m now happily divorced, but I’d never wish any harm on my ex.  

Even if she was horrible, I don’t possess the gene to kill someone unless my kids lives were at risk.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Thanks Shaw. Its tough for me to get past me as a 9 year old sitting in the Rockpile on a snowy November day watching him run in 1969 and then the next few years at Rich Stadium.  My wife grew up in San Francisco and many years later went to the same high school (Galileo) as OJ.  She wrote him a fan letter when he was traded to the 49ers and he wrote her back (or the PR staff did -- don't tell her). 

We are all flawed.  He took two lives in a fit of rage and got away with it.  It's unspeakable, but in many ways I am still that 9 year old boy watching an amazing player.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Shaw, you’re a forgiving man.  He recvd just punishment for the later crimes, but too murder you're wife and her lover is disgraceful.  

Why the guy didn’t just divorce her is beyond me.  I’m now happily divorced, but I’d never wish any harm on my ex.  

Even if she was horrible, I don’t possess the gene to kill someone unless my kids lives were at risk.

Have you ever looked into the theory that his son Jason committed the crime and OJ took the wrap for his son because he thought he could (and did) beat the charge? 

It's got enough going for it to make you wonder. It would certainly re-paint OJ in a better light as someone who was willing to be branded a murderer for his kid (though even that action has some dubious morality to it). 

None of us will probably ever know for sure. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Oh, yeah.   He's traveling in our circles now, I suspect. 

But if he's at SoFi last week and Buffalo this week he is still doing better than a lot of folks.  

I know somebody who was flying in for the game on Saturday, first class...OJ was sitting in front of him.  He's doing okay.  Loved the guy growing up (who didn't?) but am kind of pissed off that he is now glomming on to the current Bills...if they have the kind of year that many are expecting. no doubt it won't go unnoticed.  

• Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Have you ever looked into the theory that his son Jason committed the crime and OJ took the wrap for his son because he thought he could (and did) beat the charge? 

It's got enough going for it to make you wonder. It would certainly re-paint OJ in a better light as someone who was willing to be branded a murderer for his kid (though even that action has some dubious morality to it). 

that has been a long time running theory.

5 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Of course not...we live in times, that even when all signs point to the contrary, if somebody can dream something up, it has to be given some sort of validity....

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

So How did OJ's blood end up at the scene again if his son did it?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Lover????

Seriously, get your facts right!

1 hour ago, Yobogoya! said:

Does it though?  That makes him an accomplice to murder at the very least.  

My father was murdered when I was 18, still unsolved today and I’m 46.  I can tell you for a fact, had OJ been a fake fall guy just to beat the charges and cover up for his son who was the real murderer, that wouldn’t be a hero to me, that would be a murderers accomplice and I’d want justice against both of them.

There is nothing about OJ that is a hero.  He was a woman beater before the murders.  He is a total piece of s**t and stunned people giving him sympathy like he got a raw deal here.  

Dude directly murdered 2 people (or helped cover up for his son murdering 2 people).  He should be in jail for life…period.  

He did not serve his time.  Those 2 murdered victims did not receive justice.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.