Is Allen routinely fooled by pre-snap disguises?

YoloinOhio

If he does get fooled he has so many ways to either buy time for someone to get open or he can just skiddaddle out and figure it out later.  Plus if it takes a little longer for him to process something he makes up for it by throwing a fastball past the defenders.  Him and Mahomes do it better than anyone with their ability to buy time and keep things moving downfield imo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

I meant what makes him a QB whisperer? Was he ever successful as a NFL QB? Or played the position successfully in any capacity? I know it’s his opinion, but I’m tired of people spewing misinformation just for clicks 

He has him as a top 5 QB so thinks he’s really good but just wondering about that specific comment 

The only criticism I have of Allen's game is his deep ball accuracy.  He is much improved but he still has a tendency to overthrow open guys. I don't recall many passes that were too far inside or outside.  

I also don't recall thinking once last year that Allen was fooled on any play. He had some poor throws as all QBs do. But as far as being fooled by coverage I don't see it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

The only criticism I have of Allen's game is his deep ball accuracy.  He is much improved but he still has a tendency to overthrow open guys. I don't recall many passes that were too far inside or outside.  

I also don't recall thinking once last year that Allen was fooled on any play. He had some poor throws as all QBs do. But as far as being fooled by coverage I don't see it. 

didn’t Allen have the best or one of the best deep balls last season? Swore I read that somewhere

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Seems to be a non-issue, meaning isn't that what all defenses try to do, disguise what the coverage is? The Bills are supposedly very good with this as Belichick has exclaimed.  Even Brady could be fooled.  It takes years for QBs to figure out what the D is doing, and O-coordinators set up pre-snap movement to try and help their QB decipher the coverage.  I'm sure Allen would say he's constantly learning.

• Like (+1) 4

I mean maybe he's pointing to the Jacksonville game? But the team as a whole didn't perform well that day. 

I'd say all QBs get fooled now and then. But I wouldn't say "routinely" for Josh, not based on watching him his entire career and seeing the steady improvements in his game. Also, go watch that half hour chat he had with Chris Simms last week. Lot of great insight on how the dude thinks and sees things out there. Sounds way too informed and intelligent to be a guy who's "routinely" tricked by disguised coverages. 

Also, I heard Steven Ruiz talking about Josh's mama, therefore the dude is a bum.

Edited by blacklabel
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.