Belichick: September might be an extended preseason

PromoTheRobot

• Simon changed the title to Belichick: September might be an extended preseason

Interesting comments by the hoodie but if you think about it last year the Pats started 1-3 and took some time to find themselves.

I think the biggest concern I would have as a Pats fan is what on early they are doing with the OC position and playcalling given how critical of a year it is for Mac Jones and his development.

I get that Patricia is well versed in the 'patriot way' given his previous stint there but it really makes no sense asking a defensive coach to change sides so to speak on the fly.

If this doesn't work out and the Pats crash and burn this year it will be a real bad look for Belichik who many already see as the GOAT.

22 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/ne/new-england-patriots

Miami

Pittsburgh

Baltimore 

Green Bay

0-4 was a real possibility before hiring Patricia

So is Belichick trying to set up his son for Pick #1 as he rides off into the sunset?

Or possibly Patricia?

I could see Belichick believing that Patricia is him reincarnate - good DC, goes to disaster franchise and struggles, becomes head coach at a wicked hawdcoah team and wins like 6 Supah Bowls.

To be fair it always has been for New England. Even in the Brady years September was the month where they posted their lowest win percentage.... except for the rather smaller sample size in February. 

EDIT: they are going to suck this year though. 

Edited by GunnerBill

So funny listening to these guys talk about the Pats and them finishing last in the AFCE this year.

OL issues, coaching,  MAC and Cheese problems with the play calling already.

WOW how the once mIghty Patsy's have fallen.

Love it....

How many tablets get destroyed this year.  I would say 8!!!  :D

Mad Bill GIF

Edited by Toyo321

4 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

So funny listening to these guys talk about the Pats and them finishing last in the AFCE this year.

OL issues, coaching,  MAC and Cheese problems with the play calling already.

WOW how the once mIghty Patsy's have fallen.

Love it....

If the Bills could have even half the run they did with 2 to 3 Super Bowl championships I would have no problem with the Bills finishing last in the division for a few years while they rebuild the team. They have 6 Super Bowl championship this century. They have no reason to complain if they have to rebuild. It happens to everyone at some point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.