Belichick: September might be an extended preseason

PromoTheRobot

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Jets are gonna be bad. Only way they finish third in the division is if they win 5 games and the Pats* win 4

Depends on Wilson. They had a good offseason. On paper ( I know on paper doesn't mean squat) they have improved. If they can show that success on the field with Wilson improving then they could win 7-8 games. They won't be a playoff threat but they probably won't be total crap either.

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Depends on Wilson. They had a good offseason. On paper ( I know on paper doesn't mean squat) they have improved. If they can show that success on the field with Wilson improving then they could win 7-8 games. They won't be a playoff threat but they probably won't be total crap either.

I just can't see the Jets winning more than 6 games with this schedule.  I could be wrong but we will see.

I really could see them going 0-9

jets.JPG

Edited by Toyo321

10 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

I just can't see the Jets winning more than 6 games with this schedule.  I could be wrong but we will see.

I really could see them going 0-9

jets.JPG

That is a tough schedule to start. Just guessing here but they have a shot to split with the Pats and Fins (Tua sucks so I could the Jets possibly getting a win). They should have a good chance against the Bears, Lions at home, Jags, Seahawks. After that they would have to pull off an upset maybe the Steelers and Browns given their QB situations. But those two games would be an upset if they can get it done.

Just now, Greg S said:

Wilson is terrible.  Jets made the right move on letting Darnold go, but Wilson is no better. That dude looked lost far more than like he belongs 

image.thumb.png.f5c5f94fdcb7d628f0981a0f1ceab84b.png

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/4361259/zach-wilson

13 hours ago, B-Man said:

Isaiah Wynn has been hurt but when he has been out there he has been a good left tackle. Not sure what has happened this offseason but he is not a bust. If the Pats are seriously considering trading him Dallas should make that phone call immediately. 

11 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Wilson is terrible.  Jets made the right move on letting Darnold go, but Wilson is no better. That dude looked lost far more than like he belongs 

image.thumb.png.f5c5f94fdcb7d628f0981a0f1ceab84b.png

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/4361259/zach-wilson

His numbers were terrible. But there were flashes from Wilson. More so than any of the other rookie QBs last year. Now it was only flashes but he flashed some major potential. The injury hurts because it is a key year for him but I absolutely would not write him off. 

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

His numbers were terrible. But there were flashes from Wilson. More so than any of the other rookie QBs last year. Now it was only flashes but he flashed some major potential. The injury hurts because it is a key year for him but I absolutely would not write him off. 

I didnt really see many myself. It would be fun if he was good. Rivalries are fun, but I just don't see it with him

On 8/29/2022 at 1:40 PM, Airseven said:

Typical Belichick with his psyche shenanigans. Pats will be solid. Lots of talent on that defense. Barmore could be the best DL in the division.

I'm inclined to agree; never trust Belichick when he goes into phony humility mode. The Pats aren't the juggernaut they used to be but they're still a legitimate threat and a decent Wild Card worthy squad in most facets of the game. They're not ever regressing to Steve Grogan-era futility so long as the Dark Lord remains at the helm. 

7 minutes ago, NyBob85 said:

I'm inclined to agree; never trust Belichick when he goes into phony humility mode. The Pats aren't the juggernaut they used to be but they're still a legitimate threat and a decent Wild Card worthy squad in most facets of the game. They're not ever regressing to Steve Grogan-era futility so long as the Dark Lord remains at the helm. 

Not forcing a punt against the Bills...twice...once in the playoffs...shows how long a game Belichick is willing to play. 

24 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I didnt really see many myself. It would be fun if he was good. Rivalries are fun, but I just don't see it with him

While he has a low floor and could utterly flame out if someone said to me now going into 2022 one of the 2021 QBs is going to be elite in 2 years which one is it? I'd go Wilson. If you can get his flashes consistently he makes the most wow plays of that group.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.